• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Viceroyalty of Perseus

Started by belfastsocrates, May 17, 2014, 06:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Hi!

I was wondering what happened with you. Here you are now! :) ;)
Very nice developing city, with a lot of nice custom content additions. On the first picture there are a lot of interesting stuffs. For example, that canal. What is that, where can I find it? And the retaining wall? It looks so familiar to me, but I don't know what is that. I don't recognize those plaza elements on the left side (the oval sphare shape thingy), or on the right side. I guess, the path overlay (?) is custom made as well. I like that too. Yepp, I went back a little bit, and I saw, you already showed us those textures. I would like to ask if you could release or share those texutes. They are very nice! :)

I'm looking forward to see more from you! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

belfastsocrates

Quote from: Tyberius06 on October 14, 2017, 10:47:08 AM
Hi!

I was wondering what happened with you. Here you are now! :) ;)
Very nice developing city, with a lot of nice custom content additions. On the first picture there are a lot of interesting stuffs. For example, that canal. What is that, where can I find it? And the retaining wall? It looks so familiar to me, but I don't know what is that. I don't recognize those plaza elements on the left side (the oval sphare shape thingy), or on the right side. I guess, the path overlay (?) is custom made as well. I like that too. Yepp, I went back a little bit, and I saw, you already showed us those textures. I would like to ask if you could release or share those texutes. They are very nice! :)

I'm looking forward to see more from you! :)

- Tyberius

The canals are a custom version of Manchou's canal set if I recall correctly. I changed the lots and added planters and trees and they looked best for this use as reflecting pools.

The retaining wall is from Bipin but I don't think he ever released them publicly.

The art work is the The Reflectoblob by blunder. HD public art is incredibly rare so I'm glad this exists as its suits my needs.

I've never released anything before but I might consider releasing the textures in future, or at least maybe some plaza or park lots with the textures.

Btw....if any talented artists have realistic water jet/spout props languishing on their hard drive I'd love to use them to replace the ones I'm using around the base of the skyscraper.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

vinlabsc3k

Welcome back!! &dance &hlp :bnn: &hlp &dance
I'm glad that you're resumed this MD.
I was missing it. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Themistokles

Nice to see you here again! Nice work, will be interesting to see more of this city.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Tyberius06

Thanks for the links!

What are the plaza models in the middle of that plaza "system" (some kind of fountain) and on the other side of the picture (on the right side of the picture, that grey/blue-ish thingy)?
One more thing. What are those planters what you used by the canal? Are they part of Neko's prop sets? They are so familiar... And what about the benches?
Sorry for bombing you with these questions, but I've recently started to work on plazas, and I'm not really familiar with those kind of props, so I'm gathering information... :)

Thanks in Advance

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

belfastsocrates

Quote from: Tyberius06 on October 15, 2017, 11:30:16 AM
Thanks for the links!

What are the plaza models in the middle of that plaza "system" (some kind of fountain) and on the other side of the picture (on the right side of the picture, that grey/blue-ish thingy)?

The fountain and art work are both props from the RDQ HD Prop Pack Darknite Version

QuoteOne more thing. What are those planters what you used by the canal? Are they part of Neko's prop sets? They are so familiar... And what about the benches?

The planters are indeed Neko and the metal benches are from the Dutch Prop Pack. Bear in mind the props from that pack are listed in Dutch, so the benches are listed as bankje

QuoteSorry for bombing you with these questions, but I've recently started to work on plazas, and I'm not really familiar with those kind of props, so I'm gathering information... :)

Thanks in Advance

- Tyberius

No problem at all, happy to help.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

belfastsocrates

I've been rather time poor lately but have been able to progress Passau Island and it's almost ready for showcasing! In the meantime.....here's some teaser shots.

Passau Island has only be possible thanks to the fantastic high-quality content created by Diego Del Llano, kellydale2003, Reddonquixote, mattb325, Xyloxadoria, on001222, Simfox, Cockatoo and JP Schriefer which comprise most of the buildings used.

feyss

Great to see you back with some pictures  ;)

kbieniu7

Indeed, nice to see you back! And that's a really cool representive boulevard, one can really feel the space looking at this picture!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

belfastsocrates

Still a work in progress and dripping in-game when I get a spare hour or two which is rare....

Hope to showcase some more over the coming weeks and months. But the below gives an idea of what I'm working on

Simmer2

Very futuristic looking &apls &apls

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

mattb325

Good to see CAL's opera house in use  :thumbsup:

I love the attention you've given to the waterfront areas and walks. Well done!  :popcorn:

belfastsocrates

After a very very long period of inactivity I am pleased to say Perseus has returned!

My inactivity has been primarily the result of chronic game instability and persistent save file corruptions which resulted in me losing interest and patience.

I have over the past couple of weeks been able to play relatively well with the exception of one of my major city tiles which seems to corrupt once it reaches 12.5mb in size. Utterly frustrating as it's not complete but I'll just have to go in and plop small elements and take some snapshots so I can showcase what has been finished. Not ideal but I've just about come to terms with the realisation it's a lost cause.

I've now thankfully been able to almost complete the Passau Island development which I'm very pleased with given how happy I am with most of it.

Teaser pics below! The next couple of updates will focus on Passau Island, I just need to spend some more time on people MMPs and so on to give it some life!

Tyberius06

Really nice images.
About your problem. Do you use Simmaster07's SC4 FIX.dll patch, the latest one, which actually cured the PROP POX? Also there is a new mod on STEX which is doing something to help preventing save file corruptions, but I don't know what it actually does.

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30883-sc4fix-third-party-patches-for-sc4/

https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/32812-save-warning/

- Tyberius

belfastsocrates

I have that fix installed and I always save the city before then separately exiting to region and then exiting the game.

The 12.5mb sizes seems to kill my city tile. Thankfully every other tile is no where near that so I can take comfort in that. If I were to start again I would have small or medium city tile sizes rather than large and limit any potential corruption.

Tyberius06

That's wierd. For me a while back always the PROP POX were trigered above this 12.5 mb, but for example my last poxed (and also by now cured) city tile is over 44 MB. This city tile however suffered a couple of save file corruptions at the beginings, but I always were able to bring it back and expand from some back-ups. The POX was triggered by demolishing some lots which used to use some prop families which disappeared after a fauilty dependency essential update, and with a fixed update I tried to delete and replop the empty lots, which caused the prop pox effect. If I was not bulldozing these specific LOTs, then the POX wouldn't have appeared, and I could build the city. But after the DLL patch I could replace the fauilty LOTs without an issue.
By the way where do you keep the DLL fix? I mean, I heard a lot of opinion about this, but for me it's working perfectly in the game's install PLUGINS folder instead of the Documents Plugins folder.

mattb325

Good to see Perseus back. Yours is a wonderfully clean and unique style  :thumbsup:

89James89

Will have to go back through and look at all the entries when I have a bit more time but as Matt said above, and from the entries on this page, you seem to have a very clean and thought out approach to your city building which produces some really nice views and images!

c.p.

The parks and waterfront look inviting, and break up the skyscrapers nicely. :thumbsup:  Too bad about the corruption.  At least you managed to document what you accomplished.

evarburg

Glad you're back ! Love the new entry, especially the two night pictures -- don't quite know why those, as the rest is very good too, maybe because the lighting illuminates (er...) the composition in such a nice way.