• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Evolution of Windwatt

Started by Ralfger, June 15, 2018, 06:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralfger

Update 13: Beyond Borders

Dear SC4 devoties,
I hope everybody is fine and healthy! It's quite a long time since I had the time to play SC4 and update my diary. When I started the MD back in 2018 I already asked for your patience because of slow progress - but I never meant it to proceed this slowly.... &ops Apologies for that and for all the accidents you had to bother with! During the lockdown we faced the last couple of month RL was even more demanding to organize my private and working live living in two countries with the borders closed meaning among others that I didn't have access to my gaming computer.

But let's have a look at what is happening beyond borders - namely beyond the City Gates of Koenigsfurt (no umlauts this time  ::)) Not too much to be honest and still not only under construction but in the phase of testing different designs.

13.1. Most of the updates showed my works in Fustenberg located on the isle. The airport (update 2) is located south east, Wachtenklipp a couple of tiles away at the east coast. The historic town has it's place a the tip of the isle and will be surrounded by a bustling modern town. 

13.2  As city of coronation, seat of government and religious centre of Windwatt, the fortifications and churches are the first structures to be build. So far, I couldn't find a suitable castle for the eastern part of the city wall but I have one in mind - without any clue how to bat...

13.3 As mentioned in Update 5, Uhodal III. planted the fist vineyards and the local monastery is running the winery down to the present day.

13.4 The oldest parts of the vast vineyard property is situated directly beneath the ancient walls, just a short walk form the monastery. The grid brings out the height differences much better.

13.5 In the very beginning I meant to directly lay down the rows of vines for a smooth transition between the vine and the surrounding landscape but I didn't manage to change the slope tolerance of the seasonal vines at hand. Finally...

13.6 ... I decided to use the older but very flexible version from the SFBT team.

13.7 It gives a very good effect of extensive vineyards and clear transitions in rectangular situations...

13.8 ...but I still have to figure out how to make smooth irregular transitions.

Any feedback and suggestion is highly appreciated!

Enjoy, have fun and take care!
Ulrich

Ralfger

Update 14: A New Airport

Let's jump right into the start of a new project in the development scheme of Windwatt: Fuerstenberg International (FUB).
After the old airport bursts at the seams, the last members of the Rodrigen Dynasty decided to erect a new one right at the gates of the city. The hitherto tranquil country life between hills and rivers must make way for a new international hub.

14.1. The complex of runways and taxiways expands over three tiles.

Three runways will assure that the airport can handle over one million passengers and 1,5 million tons of cargo a year. With a length of between 2.5 and 3.2 km, the two east-west runways and one northeast-southwest runway can accommodate the largest aircraft. Windwatt´s modern hub expands over three city tiles and will extend into a fourth tile directly to the south.

14.2. Western part of the parallel runways. In the upper part you can already see the frist tracks of a new regional and freight rail.

14.3 Diagonal runway - the elaborated system of taxiways allowes access to both the cargo hub (located in the northern part of the airport) and the futere passenger terminals southwards.

14.4 Lucky to spot the overlay textures of the reworked taxiway crossing in the right order taking a picture of the DME.

With the runway system in place it's time to fire up the LOTing machine...

14.5 First draft of a part of the cargo area.

14.6 As long as I didn't master how to make textures I have to live with some imperfections and limitations realizing my ideas...

Stay tuned, enjoy and have fun!

kelis

Wow, this is beautiful !! I like all the pictures if I have to be honest. Can't wait to see more about that airport
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Nice start!
I might steal the idea of the fence around the VORDME. Speaking of which, which fences are those? Never seen them before.

Looking forward to more of this airport.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Quote from: art128 on February 04, 2021, 08:12:09 AM
Nice start!
I might steal the idea of the fence around the VORDME. Speaking of which, which fences are those? Never seen them before.

I think I will steal the idea too  ;D :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Ralfger

Quick replies and spoiler

Replies:
@Kelis:
Quote from: kelis on February 05, 2021, 04:12:40 AM
Nice start!

I think I will steal the idea too  ;D :thumbsup:

Thanks Kelis and feel free to "steal" whatever idea you like. But be aware - I will do the same  ;D

@art128:
Nice start!

Thank you art128! The fences are made by DocRorlach - the ethanol prop pack. I am not sure in which Megapack they can be found as I still use the singel prop packs - maybe in the second volume. If not feel free to pm me and I will send you the original dat.

Spoiler
A quick glance at a first lot for the cargo hub of FUB International

14.rs1: Start of a busy cargo hub

14.rs2: No need for the second crew...

AsimPika3172

Best airports ever!  :thumbsup: &apls  :bnn:
I loves Sim City forever!

Ralfger

Update 15: FUB Cargo Hub

Replies:
@AsimPika3172: Thank you - enjoy the update!

Today, I want to give you a first insight in the development of Fuerstenberg International's new cargo hub, which extends to the north between the runway and hills. 300 meters wide and nearly one kilometer long, the airfield can accommodate 30 aircrafts.

15.1 Under construction - the apron of the cargo hub (right click for large view)

15.2 Bustling with activity

15.5 Remediation work next to loading work....

15.6 A fast mail plane is loaded.

Enjoy, have fun and take care!

Ralfger

Dogged by bad luck
Dear all,
I would have loved to show you the pictures of the new vast cargo airport. But unfortunately, the mainboard of my gaming PC has gone bye-bye. Unfortunately, it does not look like I can save anything.