• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mallorca

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2008, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

This is unbelievably realistic, Jeroni. I feel as though I could visit the real Port de Soller and know my way around town.

I did some research on Mallorca today and must say that it certainly looks like an interesting place to visit and live-I can't wait to see your total recreation!

Cheers,
Kevin

Quesh

Superb this update, congratulations  &apls
You takes a great importance to the details and that's what makes the beauty of this city ;)

Simpson

Hello Jeronij,

I love your new update &apls
It's very realistic  :thumbsup:
I would like to see more  :D
;)

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Pat

Jeroni simply breathtaking update and I love the ammo dump area!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

paroch

Hi Jeronij,

Another stunning update.  My favourite is the apartments at night - so many night lights, but not too many.  It really does look magnificent. And at that time of night I can imagine the noise, as all of the families will be gathering together for their dinner, with much chatting and laughing.  Spannish towns (and I mean the not too touristy ones) by the sea really do have a special feel in the evening.  In fact, I think I can see myself sitting in that bar as well, with a nice large glass of cold Cruzcampo.

And your custom BATs and lots just add to the uniqueness here.

I look forward to more.

Paul

Ennedi

Hola Jeronij,

It's a real pleasure to look at your updates, so much interesting details and great views  :)
I'm glad my waves look good in your harbour! I want to make a few things more with terrain, rocks etc. but I would like to have more free time  ;D

Both custom lots and other details are fantastic, but I must say I'm really impressed of the city general view - as you said it slowly takes shape, but at this moment we can see that it will be one of the most realistic and beautiful SC4 cities!
I'm very curious how will look the military base, I like amunition silos very much! But people living in all these buildings close to them can have unusual attractions from time to time  :D

Adam

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

nerdly_dood

This is positively brilliant!  I really like...well...all of it! &apls

Now, what interests me is the sidewalk texture on some of your streets, but not all.  The sidewalks I am talking about are where they are very narrow, andright up against the street, lacking the usual grass separation that the game uses as default in industrial and low-density areas, which I notice that you have also, in different places.  I would really like to know about that.  Specifically, it's the street in the bottom left curving up the hill in the image below.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dedgren

Best. Med. Sea. Village. Ever.

Ever ever!

This pic of Port de Soller is my new desktop background.  It replaces a pic from Simtropia, which has been up for almost two years.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

CasperVg

Lovely! I really like those seawalls aswell. I like the way how you create custom bats to go in your cities.  :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

TheTeaCat

Astounding attention to the smallest detail  &apls

Superb just superb. I dunno what else to say  :D :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

ussagus

Beautiful job Jeronij !!! Excelente...!!  &apls &apls

Saludos

art128

muy buen trabajo bravo hermoso MD :thumbsup:
--------------------------
very good job bravo beautiful MD ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

penguin007

Awesome MD here you've got jeronji. Although youve worked on such a small area all it looks amazing with great docks

Will

vester

Adept2Rock

I look after your city JRJ and i love it!So beautiful! &apls :thumbsup:
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

GrindPepper

I found a beautiful image of Port de Soller on wikipedia - you really know what you're doing! Great work.

allan_kuan1992

inactive...? =O

- Allan Kuan

Fatsuhono

Oh Jeronij it is beautiful! :) :thumbsup:

XoX

C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40

jeronij

Hello to all again....  ::)

After some time I have the opportunity to develop my cities a little bit more, so I have continued to work a bit more with my beloved city Port de Soller  ;D

Because my lack of time, I will probably create less custom models, and I will use other creator's ones... for special cases I will make my own of course. Now I will start to post some old pictures, August 2008 aprox., which will give you an overall idea about the situation at that time. After some updates, you will see me using more "standard" custom content, but I am sure the result will be equally good, if not better  :D :D

I also hope to be able to accomplish the MD section rules, and keep this one alive and post at least once per month  :thumbsup:

Now lets start with the pictures:

First a view on the old town center:

As you may notice, the old road system needs some improvement.... more on this shortly...  ;)

I also made some changes in the fishing area. I demolished the old houses, and placed some modern market facilities, which will be more helpful for the city's budget  ;D

Next step was the military base Officces and guard guard corps. I made the building with the MAX, and I made a first lot using the surrounding seawalls models.... I was not really satisfied with the look of it, nor with the props layout...

So I made a new seawalls version for this area of Port de Soller, and I worked a little more the lot pros placement...

This time it was looking better...  ::)

But the pier was still empty.... more buildings were needed....

So I made another set of buildings to fill that area...

This time are dorms for the marines....

Now the area starts to look much closer to the wanted result...  ;D

Finally, to end with this update, some distant views on the currently worked area...

In the next update, Mayor jeronij will finish this first pier, and start working with the second one....  ;)

I have totally updated my plugins folder this year. I have the whole SC4D LEX DVD installed, plus some extra GB collected here and there, until the incredible amount of +4GB in my plugins folder...  ??? ... I am amazed that this old game still works with all that load  ::)  :D :D ... but this gives me much much more flexibity and potentiall to create beautiful cities with less effort. I will probably sacrifice some realism in the incoming updates, but I'll try to keep everything solid and consistent as much as I can.

I hope you like the new pictures  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary