• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Casper's Portfolio - Reading - 2016 Update 1 - Hornet (Regional Airport)

Started by CasperVg, May 31, 2008, 10:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhythmandjays

Beautiful nature shots. The crater pic is very creative and I like the foggy beach effect..seems mysterious and dark for some reason. keep up the great updates  ;D

warszawa

I love how the snow appears suddenly for the winter, realistic stuff you have produced.

The last shot is amazing, as if it is taken from the top of the Volcano down to the motorway.

Alex :)
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

CasperVg

HandsOn: Thanks, those fences are from Chrisadam's Rural Renewal Project (Beta). Although the building is situated in the middle of the pacific ocean, it lies directly in a coldwater stream, making the climate rather cold.
jjune4991: Thank you, the snow is indeed very cool   :)
rythmandjays: Thanks alot! Be sure to jump in again.
Warszama: Thanks, that was exactly the way I wanted to picture it  %wrd

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but it's yet another nature scene, with preliminary lay-out features in it. I've prepared a building site here tho.

Apple Groves was the last city to be founded on Pitcairn Island, and, as it is a township in the middle of the island, on the other side of the volcanic crater (cfr. update 3), it is the only city that does not have the IRW or the IRW-S10 (IRW Spur 10) running through it.
As people would still need to access this township, the MR10 (Minor Road 10) was constructed. It has been under discussion to lay down the IRW-S20 on it's site though.
The township is mainly known for it's steep hills and rural paths, that lead up to a nice walking path.

Overview picture, showing the MR10 and, the rural roadway and the village situation.

The end of the walking trail, it is under discussion to place a camping ground here
(N.B.: Anyone knows if such set exists?)

There aren't many resident suburb-engineers in Pitcairn, so this rather dull setup was thought about by the chief highway engineer...

The MR10 going uphill...

The first bear on the island was spotted two days ago, a helicopter picture taken by the mayor.

Nota Bene:To celebrate passing the mark of twenty replies, I've added some graphics to this update, and will continue to add them.  :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

jjune4991

nice nature...now where is the development???  ()what() ()what() ()what()...i'm just playing. very nice nature. what did you use for the trails? is it the same thing that you said before?
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

rhythmandjays

Subtle use of roadgeekery + good storyline + nice nature pics = excellent update :thumbsup:

I can't help but think that the bear pic is the best one to me. The bear is a nice focal point. Nice new graphics too

threestooges

Well, you certainly haven't disappointed me. I like a good nature scene, and I can just picture the development that is to come. As far as campground lots, I know PEG has a fair selection of them at his site, though I just can't remember where. Looking forward to new updates, or nature or not.
-Matt

CasperVg

Small Update: I've found some nice (plopable) buildings to start the first steps of development with... Tip: it's not modern  :)

Request: The person who comes up with the best solution to the IRW-S20 Idea gets the city in the next update named to his/hers.

HandsOn

Am not sure about the camping, but I would pay a visit to ToutSimCity (French) & Capital Sim (in Spanish) - it's where I found a ski resort (surprisingly with all year lifts, thus for all terrains but desert.

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

rhythmandjays

I would like to take up on your request, caspervg

The engineers of the Peroacia Confederation would like to submit a blueprint of plans to build an interchange that will consist of a second spur (IRW-S20) off of the IRW. (I hope I'm basing this on the right picture)

Of course there's a lot of changes that can be made, but this is the general setup. I hope you like the plans.

-rhythmandjays

mightygoose

well would have the southern part of the the IRW raise up using the long ground highway to elevated highway transition piece, before having the elevated > close OWR ramps running to all four points of an avenue roundabout under elevated highway, i would then use the elevated highway onslope piece on the other side after the remaining two ramps(the entire area seems to be on a slope), from the avenue roundabout i would slope the avenue up the hill and convert to highway to connect the western section of the IRW.

This leaves no pesky little deadends like rhythmandjays effort, although if not for those dead ends i would have gone with his proposal.

anyway i hope my vision is clear to you.

MG
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

rhythmandjays

I completely agree with you mightygoose. The only reason I didn't want to use the elevated highway ramps is because, there isn't any smooth curve pieces for elevated highway and so I didn't know whether or not if I would change that since I want just adding to the original picture.

It took me awhile to visualize your proposal (I'm a visual learner)  ;D, but I think I get with what you're saying. Nice idea tho  &apls &apls

EDIT: I just checked out your Interchanges linky...you are a master at interchanges  ;D

CasperVg

Well, I'm just keeping you teased... Here is a part of the newly-laid IRW-S20
Full update later today, or in the weekend. I will respond to your ideas and replies then  ;)

The crew finished the spurline just in time, a storm arrived...

CasperVg

Double post, hehe. Sorry for showing you yet another teaser; I just haven't got around finishing the new update yet  :P

If you can't see it; click here!

jjune4991

very stormy in both pics. i hope there isnt a  bad storm there. and i see you may have figured what kind of intersection you're putting there...maybe.

rhythmandjays

Double teaser  :D  $%Grinno$% take your time with the update as I awe at your stormy pics and let my imagination get the best of me  ()stsfd()

penguin007

Great teaser pics I love the rain effect all the curves you use are excellent also

Will

CasperVg

Well, it's about time for an update, aye?

jjune4991 (1): I'm working on it. I'm using Chrisadam's wonderful Rural Renewal Project (Beta) for those trails, but I've created some myself aswell  ;)
rhythmandjays (1): Thanks!
threestooges: Thanks for the link! I know they existed, but couldn't really find them. Please check in later  :)
HandsOn: I'll have a look at those ski-resorts. Thank you.
rhythmandjays (2): It was a great idea, but you were indeed focussing on the wrong quad  ::)
mightygoose: Thanks for the idea, but I'd rather not to use elevated highways, altho it wouldn't have been to much of a problem with the onSlopes.
rhythmandjays (3): You really like this MD, eh?  ()stsfd()
jjune4991 (2): There has been a really bad storm indeed. That ship nearly sunk, but was able to escape to a nearby island at last.
rhythmandjays (4): I took my time, and now it's there  :)
penguin007: Thanks for stopping by, I try to use the highway curves as much as possible, but I wasn't always able to use them.

Well, this update will focus on the already existant spurline to the Island Ringway (IRW), namely IRW-S10. You will get to see all the quads the spurline runs by, and the alternative route, through the mountains, on the main Ring. As there's quite a change in the routing of most roads and highways in comparision to the original overview image, I will be posting a normal and a roadmap overview in Update 5b.
I guess we better get started  %wrd

This is where the IRW splits up. If you drive straight on, you stay on the Ringway, if you decide to turn right, you are now heading on the IRW-S10!
A small side is that I've decided to use a slightly less radical slope mod. It becoming clear that the wonderful slopes that Ennendi SM Smooth supplied, were too hard to handle on this kind of hilly/mountainious region.

Zooming out...

This picture should may look familiar. It is a picture from an earlier update, then looking down the Volcanic Crater, and covered in snow. You will arrive here when you decided to drive straight on at the Interchange.

And if you did turn left, you're first sight is this area. You're driving into Plainland, one of the rare plains on the island. It is situated near the sea, and is part of the ORP (Oceanic Restauration Project - more info later  :P).

Still in Plainland, still driving on the spur.

Well, your journey on the spur has ended. You have entered Brick Hedge, where the IRW and its spur meet again. The main IRW is the highway coming from the left, and continues down the picture. Analytic people may also have noticed that the spur should be highway coming from the top.  ::) . Thanks the sea, high minds blow through Brick Hedge, thus the build of that windmill. It actually supplies the whole of Pitcairn with electricity.

The Brick Hedge on-offramp.

Hope you enjoyed update 5.

I'm still having big difficulty with developing the city; so it may take awhile for a new update to come up.

JoeST

this is a very nice MD you have here Casper :)

good update too

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jjune4991

very nice idea with the interstate going through the mountain. i cant wait to see the region view for it. and sweet! wind power for everyone!

Simpson

Wow it's really good and réalistic continu  &apls &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas