• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your redevelopment

Started by Floydian, March 09, 2009, 06:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floydian

One of the things in real life that has always astounded me, is seeing before and after pictures of cities. Before pictures from the 40's or earlier and after pictures in the 60s or later (Or just two pictures seperated by a decade or two) that show the change from one time to another.

So show us redevlopment in your cities. Whether its from farmland to subdivisions, road re-alignments... Just anything that you change after you've built it already.

For my first example, an avenue that previously did not cross my highway was extended to meet an avenue on the other side. The original devlopment avoided destruction, but left the avenue with some sharp turns that looked rather wonky. I realigned the avenue with minimal damage to the surrounding structures.

Here is the First shot. The red line shows the even older road alignment, with the blue avenue ending at the red road and not going over the rural highway in the background. As you can see now, the avenue has been continued across the highway (This change was made by only removing 4 houses, some parks, and moving the school over 1 tile). However, the result is kind of an eyesore, and I decided to further redevelop it to straighten the avenue.

The first step was to remove the smaller businesses surrounding the avenue.

Followed by removing the mis-aligned avenue and extending the road south a tile or two.

The new straightened avenue was then constructed.

And finally, new business was zoned.

The final result (From the opposite side). The road that crosses the highway at the left of the image is where the avenue previously ended before pushing through the park and across the highway to the other side.

TheTeaCat

Nice job done in the realignment. :thumbsup:

Nicely displayed too. Good work &apls &apls

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Terring7

Resurrection ;D

Hope-1 in the beginning

Hope-1 now

More in my M.D. :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.