• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinz

how about jeronij's ploppable rocks? maybe that could add variety?

thundercrack83

Those waterfalls look great, Pat! And I love the little town that's built up around the mill. I don't know why you were worrid about "being good" at creating an MD, you're doing a fantastic job! Keep up the good work!

Flipside

Hey, I like your stuff.  ;D You do nature scenes and terraforming really well and I like anybody who enjoys the good ol' Slaytforke mill as much as I do.  ::)

emilin

Wow! What an improvement with the change of water! :thumbsup:

If I may make another suggestion too: you might want to use a little denser forestation along the shoreline, maybe some pines or douglas furs.

This is showing great promise.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jeronij

Hello Pat, this is a good improvement for sure  :thumbsup:

As other has suggested, I would try using less dense plopable stuff on the shores, and maybe a bit more variated items  ;)

Other that this, way to go ¡¡¡¡  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

dedgren

Pat, my friend-

As one who has dabbled a bit in ploppable water techniques myownself, I have to observe that there are no objectively "right" and "wrong" ways to do this.  You need to go with what you think looks right.  My take on doing PW is that, over time, you'll develop a style that will continually refine the best of what you're doing while rejecting the clunkier elements.  Every time I add something new to my own PW palette, like cycledogg's boulders or sorchin's ploppables, I find myself fumbling around for a while until I get the hang.

Your efforts here immediately brought to mind those of our brother member Alek (aleking) over at ST in October, 2005.

That and other examples are found over at ST in a thread [linkie] started by another SC4D friend: Gary (Vandy).  You'll see some other familiar faces there as well.  Sadly, most of the links noted in the thread are broken, but if you have any questions, let me know- I can probably steer you in the right direction.

Keep up the hard work and Good Luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

bat

Pat

Pic 1:  We are seeing a larger scale view of what i had done,  This is a small tributary river flowing off Founders River.

Pic 2:  We see a closer up shot of the mouth of small river.

Pic 3:  We see a small section of the river.

Pic 4:  We see a small water fall flowing pretty smoothly.

Pic 5:  We now see the river flowing away into the next town.

Pic 6:  Here is the Founders Mill revamped a little bit.

I will have comments to the prev. post later but now i have to go for Defib training.   Cleeeeeeeear!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Fred_Ginger

Defib training?  Oh, good, I might need that one day so study hard! 

Your river/stream is looking a lot better - soon you'll be rivaling Jackie and David with your 'natural views'  :thumbsup:
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

Heinz

defib? like, for the heart? hopefully i won't need that. im sooo overweight right now lolz anyway, great improvement my man! incredible what suggestions and citations can do, ya? will be watching your progress. good luck!

thundercrack83

Looking good, my friend! I love what you've done with the coastline and the tributary looks great, too! Keep it up, and good luck at Defib class. Remember...CLEAR!

Pat

Hey everyone thank you for popping in and checking in on me.  I mean it, with all of these
replies this is wanting making me keep going, and regulary updating too!!!  I know I promissed
that i would do my replies after defib training but due to SC4 and now its 2:30 am cst for me and
the fact i got some docs appointments in a few hours sleepy time lol.
SOOOOOOOO what i am gonna due for y'all is give a teaser pic for now of what i've been messing with lol.

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

wouanagaine

The teaser looks nice. Can't wait to see more.
As David said, PW is a matter of developing skills and style, and from what I see in your teaser, you're making of rapids is you''re own style  :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Badsim

Well , you have the spirit to show us there your start and progress , listening at all good advices which can be gave here ... I don't see anything I could add : less stuff on shore and more variety along the river , It has been already said ... I can just advice you to train on another map with little sections of shore/river and test many combinations instead of re-done all that you've already done ... ;)
Keep it up ! :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

nova vesfalo

I'm always impressed by people who play to make natural landscape ! What you've done is great ! And like others, maybe the rocks are not that various (bad english sentence ^^)

bat

thundercrack83

Great teaser, Pat! I can't wait for the next update!

Pat

Ok i know i had promissed a real update the next time around but RL has been a pain
but today i've been feeling better and SC4 mojoe has been there today lol,
but anyways here is anther teaser pic for you all its a Davids special lol,

I know it was suggest that i just start over but its a good idea but i
like to revamp as i learn to keep playing the same area but that is like i
said a David special of land bridging.  as you can also see i've been working
on redoing the river shore.  I promisse for sure that later tonight or tomorrow i will have a full update
till then cheers and take care - pat

dedgren

Now, see?  So there you go.  pat, my guess is that you'll be a dab hand at PW before you know it.  I'll be getting around, btw, to starting a PW discussion thread this week.

Great new pic- I always feel a little proud when I see someone who's started doing "land" bridges.

Fishin' season soon, pat.  Wish I was able to spend a week somewhere in Manitowish Waters [linkie] this summer.  I'd probably catch more fish in Alaska, but you can't beat northern WI for ambience.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

LoL david that is soooo true cant beat the fish here but for sure them alaskin fish are sure better,
IE salmon,  man i would love to catch one of them puppies.  I dont know if you noticed but i made a
booboo there a little take a closer lookies at the pic and tell me whats wrong with the lower elevation?
darn learning curve lol,  but rest assured im gonna get this good and a little ok well major change is
coming to the river area of Founders River and the tributary. update coming soon - pat