• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Wiimeiser: About that, some of that already is becoming a reality, in a sense, anyway. There are avenue to MIS pieces getting worked on, so I guess this is almost longer slip lanes longer in the sense, if you connect an avenue MIS to a corresponding avenue MIS, that could work as a longer slip lane, but really, anyone could actually do a diamond avenue interchange with MIS. So yeah, it almost looks like the next big finish, you could actually pull off a MIS diamond without the RHW straight aways, when using avenue to MIS ramps, but again, you need longer space to do so, where as avenue slip lane TuLEPs, not so much. As for the roads, there had been right turn lane Tuleps with ends that transition to regular slip lanes, as an alternative to the later advanced Tulep of having the right turn lane just end into the intersection, which a lot of people also may use. It just will be some time though.

Ramona Brie

Quote from: j-dub on February 24, 2011, 09:19:54 PM
Wiimeiser: About that, some of that already is becoming a reality, in a sense, anyway. There are avenue to MIS pieces getting worked on, so I guess this is almost longer slip lanes longer in the sense, if you connect an avenue MIS to a corresponding avenue MIS, that could work as a longer slip lane, but really, anyone could actually do a diamond avenue interchange with MIS. So yeah, it almost looks like the next big finish, you could actually pull off a MIS diamond without the RHW straight aways, when using avenue to MIS ramps, but again, you need longer space to do so, where as avenue slip lane TuLEPs, not so much. As for the roads, there had been right turn lane Tuleps with ends that transition to regular slip lanes, as an alternative to the later advanced Tulep of having the right turn lane just end into the intersection, which a lot of people also may use. It just will be some time though.

riiga offers a taste of the new avenue MIS exit pieces:

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww55/anonymson/avenykors.jpg (originally posted in "Show us your intersections")

MandelSoft

And I can confirm that. I've developed it a few months ago, as well as a B-style and E-style ramp:

Also, some other pieces in the following picture are included in the new RHW version:

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Ramona Brie

By the way, what types of pieces will be available for the new RHW-3?

I DO like what I see...

riiga

Well, I've been working on this...  ;)

It won't be in the next release though, at least not as of now.

strucka

Wow! That is an awesome intersection! &apls

How many pieces are this?
Is it 2X Left turning piece on 6-7 tiles, T-intersection tile and the other side of the turn lane piece, or is the lane in 1 tile pieces?

noahclem

jdenm8

Hm...
I think there are a few new pieces there... I think most of it uses RHW-3 and a special RHW-2 for the most part...

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

riiga

Thanks for your kind comments!

There's five different pieces in that picture, plus the RHW-2 to WRHW-2 piece.

MandelSoft

Erm... Felix, I believe most people here don't know what WRHW-2 is. Let met explain: the WRHW-2 stands for Wide Real HighWay-2, which is used for RHW-2-to-RHW-3 Transitions or RHW-3 Lane switches (where the center lane changes direction).

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

io_bg

Quote from: mrtnrln on February 26, 2011, 05:00:14 AMthe WRHW-2 stands for Wide Real HighWay-2
Wasn't that hard for me to guess :P
Anyway, it looks great, however I find the inside corners quite sharp &mmm
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Girafe

I really like the external dotted line, it looks much much better  &apls &apls

good job  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

riiga

Quote from: io_bg on February 26, 2011, 05:31:06 AM
Wasn't that hard for me to guess :P
Anyway, it looks great, however I find the inside corners quite sharp &mmm
They had to be made that way since the lanes would be too narrow otherwise.

Quote from: Girafe on February 26, 2011, 05:45:48 AM
I really like the external dotted line, it looks much much better  &apls &apls

good job  ;)
Well, the reason started working on these texture in the first place was just that - I wanted dashed lines, since that's what used here in Sweden and if I'm not mistaken France as well.

samerton

Wow.. some great updates for this thread. This is looking amazing! Great!  &apls

mave94

Great work guys!
In the Netherlands we have those turning lanes, too. I've always wanted that things.
One quick question, though, if I want to install a new NAM or RHW version, I just have to delete the files of the other version?

-Matthijs

Mithokey

Quote from: MrMAvE94 on March 03, 2011, 12:32:16 AM
Great work guys!
In the Netherlands we have those turning lanes, too. I've always wanted that things.
One quick question, though, if I want to install a new NAM or RHW version, I just have to delete the files of the other version?

-Matthijs

Yep. If you want to install the latest version of NAM, take the old version out of your plugins and install the new version into it. This will not affect your Sim City 4 game.

simcity4ever

I like the WRHW-2 and RHW TuLEPs! &apls

One question though: Are there american textures for these? ()what()

jdenm8

At the moment, there are no dedicated American textures.

This however is using plain WRHW-2 and RHW-3 as TuLEPs in a + configuration (using a Road + TuLEP intersection piece) which also works.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

samerton

Hey,

I was adding a TuLEP junction, and I noticed that the Road-Avenue T piece was missing paths.

I was wondering if I am missing a patch, or if there is another piece that I need to add.

Sam =)