• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

There aren't missing paths, but I see that there are redundant paths...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

QuoteAt the moment, there are no dedicated American textures.

After examining everything together, I personally feel that there is enough North American resemblance, especially when you mirror the RHW-3 to right hand drive side, that yellow crosshatch style of lane restricting the center is more common in other parts of the Midwest. As of this development, existing TuLEPs with arrows can be placed right next to RHW-3 filler pieces, including the yellow crosshatch lane restriction

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on March 20, 2011, 05:35:25 AM
At the moment, there are no dedicated American textures.

That's not entirely true anymore.

No idea when these will be done or if they'll be in RHW 4.2, though.

-Alex

jdenm8

There aren't any missing paths, it just looks like there is.

The tile with the Road branching off I think shares paths and textures with the + intersection, the only difference being the outside tile.

EDIT: Dammit... didn't see the new page.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on March 20, 2011, 04:15:09 PM
There aren't any missing paths, it just looks like there is.

The tile with the Road branching off actually shares paths and textures with the + intersection, the only difference being the outside tile.

They were copied directly off the TLA-5 + and Long-T intersections, which have that pathing setup so as to not require additional IIDs--just about all NWM T intersections involving dual-tile NWM networks will have an "orphan path" like that. 

Given that the TuLEPs Ave Type A/Road Type A T-intersection already has separate IIDs from the +-intersection, however, I could probably change that in the next release.

-Alex

samerton

Thanks for the reply, guys.

When trying to drive over in UDI, the session exits and no automata can pass. I have bulldozed the intersection and replaced it with a standard Maxis one with slip lanes, so I'm glad I can still use the TuLep's in that area.

Opkl

How will the pieces for the OWR's look? Are there any new pictures?

jdenm8

Look back at the start of this thread, because that's pretty much how they look. Advanced TuLEPs are not planned for release this cycle as far as I know.
There will be a Basic TuLEPs expansion with the next NWM though to support AVE-6/TLA-7 however.

Tarkus

To further what JD said, the one pic of an OWR TuLEP can be seen here, in my post from August 2009 on Page 2 of this thread.  In the almost 2 years since then, there has been no further development on OWR TuLEPs--aside from the OWR Slip Lane interface in the Basic TuLEPs set, which is already available to the public in the NAM. 

Officially speaking, Advanced TuLEPs development is on hiatus and will not resume until after NAM Version 30 is released.

The only new TuLEPs content currently planned for that release cycle are the additions by jondor as seen on Page 23 of this thread, and the aforementioned NWM TuLEPs for triple-tile networks, which I'm not quite ready to reveal. ;)

-Alex

jdenm8

ivo_su

Only sorrow and sadness have fulfilled my soul. From news to learn recently of the NAM I just despair. I really am interested in the development of daily TuLEP's and NWM (3 tiles networks). I know that RL is first and foremost but I am disappointed that the RHW has priority over other projects. About TuLEP for OWR I think it is absolutely imperative to be carried out. Especially after the emergence of OWR-4 and OWR-5.This stagnation from 2009 to today is far too long  and as far as I remember Alex was told that the implementation of TuLEP's - OWR is not so complicated. To my great regret I still am not able to create single pieces but I can try to create textures such as assistance on my part if this will contribute to the rapid development of the project.

- Ivaylo (Ivo)

MandelSoft

Well, there are more things that have been worked on for the next NAM besides the RHW:

- Some additional TuLEPs, as Alex (Tarkus) said.
- New NWM networks, like the NMAVE-4, AVE-6 and TLA-7
- Diagonal functionality for wider NWM networks.
- New viaduct models.

That is actually quite a lot of stuff. Besides, we are also only human too. We too have some RL priorities and we can't do everything requested.

If you want to create puzzle pieces, I would reccomend you to read my tutorial.

Best,
Maarten

ivo_su

I'm very grateful to Maarten attention that my separation. In fact, that I read your lesson last month. It's really brag that you did it. The problem is that it seems too complicated.  I doubt  that I'll be able  to create his own even one puzzle piece, let alone a whole lot of TuPEP for OWR.

- Ivo

Exla357

Quote from: jdenm8 on March 20, 2011, 05:35:25 AM
At the moment, there are no dedicated American textures.

This however is using plain WRHW-2 and RHW-3 as TuLEPs in a + configuration (using a Road + TuLEP intersection piece) which also works.

Wait, is that ERHW-2? Sweet! Any idea on when this will be out besides, "It'll be done when it's done?"

MandelSoft

Quote from: Exla357 on May 12, 2011, 02:18:45 PM
Wait, is that ERHW-2? Sweet! Any idea on when this will be out besides, "It'll be done when it's done?"
No, we honestly don't know either  ;)

Tarkus

Quote from: Exla357 on May 12, 2011, 02:18:45 PM

While we can't give you a date, we can give you a version number: 4.2 (the next RHW release).

-Alex

Exla357

Thanks lol. One other thing:

Would it be possible to make a TuLEP Road A-1 piece that says "Only?"
A lot of road turn lanes, here in Colorado, especially, are set up like this:

A-1 "Left Arrow"
A-1 "Only"
A-1 "Left arrow"
TLA-3 to A-1 transition
T-End

We have all of these except the "Only." Usually I just substitute a Blank A-1 but it would be nice to have an "Only" piece. I would do it myself but my skills with the reader are, um, marginal, and I don't think I could make a puzzle piece by myself lol.

Just a thought, not needed, not urgent, but if one of the NAM members had an extra 20 minutes...

-Alex

j-dub

Oh, the old ONLY talk, but for 2011. The main problem is the international thing, not everyone speaks English. There have been numerous times the ONLY has been explored, even before TuLEPs when the only turn lanes was just the 2 tile left turn lanes for roads and avenues, the word ONLY never made the cut. While it may not be impossible, it really does not seem like a NAM first priority, but if someone were to make the word ONLY into a T-21 prop, so there would not be multiple (re)textured working to do all over and over again, it could be done. These days, it seems like I have seen the word ONLY being painted a lot less on US turn lanes, and the arrow also not being used as often.

ivo_su

I am totally against this idea to describe bands with the word  "ONLY". This may be very popular in the U.S. but in Europe and other continents is not. Separately if we talk about aesthetics arrow seems a thousand times  more beautiful than the word "Only"

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on May 15, 2011, 09:07:30 PM
I am totally against this idea to describe bands with the word  "ONLY". This may be very popular in the U.S. but in Europe and other continents is not. Separately if we talk about aesthetics arrow seems a thousand times  more beautiful than the word "Only"

And in actuality, it's limited to certain US states.  Oregon generally does not use "Only" pavement markings, and from what I've seen, Washington and California are the same way.  Nevada, however, uses "Onlys" regularly.

-Alex