• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: Jayster on October 06, 2011, 04:54:49 PM
Is it possible to get a piece that's like the rail crossing but street intersects with it?

Are you referring to one that only allows right-in/right-out (RIRO) with no left turns?

-Alex

Jayster

Quote from: Tarkus on October 06, 2011, 05:08:16 PM

Are you referring to one that only allows right-in/right-out (RIRO) with no left turns?

-Alex

That would work perfectly. I find myself in a lot of those situations when building roads.

Jayster

metarvo

I'm looking forward to the OWR-2 TuLEP, because it will actually allow properly signalized OWR intersections.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

CahosRahneVeloza

I'm not sure if this has been requested before but if it hasn't... here goes nothing :)

How about a Diagonal to orthogonal road (or avenue or even NWM network) slip lane kind of like in this picture?

Oh & yes, that used to be a functional four way intersection up until the passage for the two diagonal avenues were blocked of to improve traffic.

Come to think of it.... I can't even make that intersection with avenues in SC4 so I guess the intersection was indeed a poor plan in real life as well.

Tarkus

More slip lane configurations/orientations are likely going forward.

On another note . . . found this laying around and resuscitated it. 

-Alex

ivo_su

Good job Alex.
I like to see not only arrow left turn. I've always wondered why "+" intersections are not depicted arrows forward and right. Original model of the crossing of AVE-4 where he first introduces additional band left turn is the path to be followed. Are really large volume of work and I am afraid that the pieces will be for TuLEP's times more than those for the RHW, but what do we have to try.

- Ivo

rhwfanatic221

Quote from: Tarkus on October 08, 2011, 01:38:24 PM
More slip lane configurations/orientations are likely going forward.

On another note . . . found this laying around and resuscitated it. 
-Alex

Looks cool, is there going to be a way to have right turn lanes for all four sides of an intersection like that? Also this reminds me of another road right turn lane that was shown in the first few parts of the original pages on this forum. Just curious if this right turn lane will be part of a upcoming Advanced Tuleps set  ()what()

arl85

Sorry for double-posting but maybe this is the correct topic

QuoteI want to signal a small misalligned texture (see attached img)
On higher zoom the texture is correctly alligned

MandelSoft

I believe that isn't a real texture misalignment, but I believe the textures clipping settings on the different S3D-files are set different. It could be that one of them has Clamb/Bilinear clipping (prefered), while the other has the old Nearest/Nearest clipping.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

ivo_su

Some time ago  there was talk of a double  right lane and today I saw these pictures of J-dub. There's more to be desired in terms of aesthetics texture but still a good idea. I hope this will appeal to more people and have a fruitful discussion.

Best,
- Ivo

io_bg

Quote from: ivo_su on November 23, 2011, 11:22:29 AMThere's more to be desired in terms of aesthetics texture but still a good idea.
That's because this is a Photoshop mock-up. And I doubt something like this will be ever made.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

j-dub

Speaking of the slip lane concept though,  I wonder how that would work with the amount of space taken in this setup. Without a slip lane though, it looks like a double right (potentially) turn lane could fit here?

ivo_su

In fact, this model personally  do not like me. Maybe if you consider the extra  right lane in both left turn lanes occupying a space of medians. Something like this as your first picture that  I showed - this will naturally lead to the Inclusion of another tile in the whole puzzle piece. The potential of AVE-4 for this purpose is very limited and it is nice  to think about TuLEPs  pieces AVE-6 / 8 but  as we all know this is a very laborious process.

zulhirosue

may i ask some question.. this mod have a tutorial already?
i cant find it... i really want to learn how to use it..
please give use link how to use this mod effectively to my city..
coz it already have in NAM installer.. so i want to try it
sorry for my bad english

Tarkus

At the moment, they are stalled.  We're still in discussions about nomenclature so we can properly set up Advanced TuLEPs.  That and RL are the big holdups. 

-Alex

Kuewr665

I found a problem with TULEP pieces with a turn lane added on the East border. The direction of the TULEP piece flips and can't be placed in the opposite direction.