• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuewr665

Really late, but it's good to see more turning lane pieces created for NWM networks! I use these pieces in every major intersection, but I do not use NWM networks very often as I would like because they do not have turning lane pieces.

Meeston

that's good. but i'm selected in the NAM installation is "Standard Installation". i'm not selected "Custom Installation". because i'm want the "Road Turning Lanes". i'm gonna reinstall the NAM. but i can't reinstall the NAM. that's my mistake. now i can't install the "Road Turning Lanes". help me on this!!!  :'(
this is Meeston. the best SimCity gamer.

Kuewr665

You could not delete the Network Addon Mod folder and z_nam folder?

I do not know if that is a good way to uninstall though.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Kuewr665 on November 04, 2013, 03:46:40 PM
You could not delete the Network Addon Mod folder and z_nam folder?

I do not know if that is a good way to uninstall though.

It isn't. The best way to uninstall the NAM is to use the uninstaller, and this is because the installer makes other changes to your machine (leaving flags in the registry, for example) that can't be undone by just removing the two main NAM folders.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

epicblunder

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 04, 2013, 04:17:23 PM
(leaving flags in the registry, for example)

Whoa, wait.  Are these for gameplay oriented plugins and whatnot or are they for stuff like the traffic/simulator config tool?

Curious because I have several Plugin folders that i use depending on what region i'm playing on and swap them out by renaming the folders.  Some of these have different NAM setups, so i'm wondering if those registry flags point to anything in /Plugins and get broken when i shuffle folders (which likely means my reg cleaner will sweep them later) or whether they're even relevant to gameplay plugins.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: epicblunder on November 04, 2013, 04:32:24 PM
Whoa, wait.  Are these for gameplay oriented plugins and whatnot or are they for stuff like the traffic/simulator config tool?

I think it's for telling the Installer if the 4GB patch is already installed, because that's actually one of the recommended/mandatory-ish patches the NAM recommends/requires, but I can't remember. Z knows.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Kuewr665

Geometry123

Quote from: Meeston on November 04, 2013, 03:53:43 AM
that's good. but i'm selected in the NAM installation is "Standard Installation". i'm not selected "Custom Installation". because i'm want the "Road Turning Lanes". i'm gonna reinstall the NAM. but i can't reinstall the NAM. that's my mistake. now i can't install the "Road Turning Lanes". help me on this!!!  :'(

Well, first off, you're posting it on the TuLEP thread, which is exclusively for the developement of the TuLEP system. Starting a new topic or posting in the NAM bugs thread wouldn't hurt. ;)

Second, try to be more detailed on your problem. What was the error message that popped up when you were installing the NAM? Are you sure your game is 1.1.638 or 1.1.640? ::)
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Meeston

Quote from: Geometry123 on November 04, 2013, 08:47:02 PM
Quote from: Meeston on November 04, 2013, 03:53:43 AM

Well, first off, you're posting it on the TuLEP thread, which is exclusively for the developement of the TuLEP system. Starting a new topic or posting in the NAM bugs thread wouldn't hurt. ;)

Second, try to be more detailed on your problem. What was the error message that popped up when you were installing the NAM? Are you sure your game is 1.1.638 or 1.1.640? ::)
my game is in 1.1 638. but i can't install the latest NAM!

epicblunder

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 04, 2013, 05:07:10 PM
I think it's for telling the Installer if the 4GB patch is already installed, because that's actually one of the recommended/mandatory-ish patches the NAM recommends/requires, but I can't remember. Z knows.

Ok, thanks for the info.  I figured it was probably something along those lines but i wanted to confirmation.  Thanks again.

Meeston

Quote from: epicblunder on November 05, 2013, 11:41:36 AM
Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 04, 2013, 05:07:10 PM

Ok, thanks for the info.  I figured it was probably something along those lines but i wanted to confirmation.  Thanks again.
okay. good luck!  ;)

Tarkus

Just to apprise everyone, TuLEP expansion will not be part of the NAM 32 release.  The main reason is that the transition pieces have not been made, and there are also stop point issues to contend with on the new intersections.  We're also again re-evaluating the implementation method.

-Alex

Kuewr665

Tarkus

Quote from: Kuewr665 on December 06, 2013, 08:56:10 PM
Eh? What is meant by reevaluating?

It means we're looking at the current implementation and comparing it to other possibilities.  As there's still some experimentation involved, to be undertaken post-NAM 32, I can't go into detail . . . yet.

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on December 06, 2013, 09:09:38 PM
Quote from: Kuewr665 on December 06, 2013, 08:56:10 PM
Eh? What is meant by reevaluating?

It means we're looking at the current implementation and comparing it to other possibilities.  As there's still some experimentation involved, to be undertaken post-NAM 32, I can't go into detail . . . yet.

-Alex

Dying with intrigue wrt the detail!

roadgeek

Durfsurn

Well I was bored so I tried my hand at some TuLEP textures. Now I'm not sure if the NAM team even needs these anymore (e.g. If they have been done) but I did them anyway. They might not even be up to the mighty standards of the NAM team. Also someone might wanna give them a touch up before a final release. These are just .jpg's not .dat's or anything so they aren't modded at all.

http://www.dropbox.com/sh/3bto9zl45zgor2n/AACt9hwhwyUPeg45T4yt7-LLa

EDIT:
I went back a few pages and saw someone wanted something along the lines of this:

MandelSoft

Actually, the arrow textures are now model-based, IIRC, so you don't need specific arrow textures for that.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Durfsurn

Quote from: MandelSoft on June 30, 2014, 01:03:40 AM
Actually, the arrow textures are now model-based, IIRC, so you don't need specific arrow textures for that.

Not quite sure what you mean here Maarten. So these textures are obsolete because they now come in models?   ???

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Durfsurn on June 30, 2014, 01:10:06 AM
Not quite sure what you mean here Maarten. So these textures are obsolete because they now come in models?

They've always been unnecessary because the individual arrows are overlayed on top of the texture.
<INACTIVE>
-----