• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Ok So I think I have made more realistic USA versions now.

Hopefully these are more realistic.

Keen to hear thoughts about these.

-eggman121

Indiana Joe

Looks pretty good  :thumbsup:

Stop lines need to be thicker and set further back, the dashed lines are too long.  Just some minor stuff.  If you drop some GIMP files in the NAM Dropbox I'd be happy to give 'em a look.

fgossage

Quote from: eggman121 on February 14, 2016, 02:18:37 PM
Ok So I think I have made more realistic USA versions now.

Hopefully these are more realistic.

Keen to hear thoughts about these.

-eggman121

Both the white and yellow cross hatching areas you originally had in your first T-intersection pic, that are no longer in this one, were correct for USA textures (although, the yellow cross hatching is optional but heavily used in a lot of areas, according to the MUTCD).  As far as everything else, the only change you'd need to make to any of these is a thicker stop line and the stop line for each to be set a little further back from the intersection by a small amount, as Indiana Joe stated above.  Otherwise, you absolutely nailed it... especially if somebody (if you're not able to yourself) will use this as a jumping point to make some optional pieces for turn arrows, "STOP" wording, etc...
Fred Gossage
Pell City, Alabama

eggman121

Thanks for the feedback  :thumbsup:

IJ I have put the files in the Drop Box with the Label of Rural Road TuLEPs in the new content section.

Thanks for the feedback from both of you.

Being an Australian I would figure that there are alot of differences between the road marking standards of the roads.

I am still doing this from gut instinct so sorry for the errors that appear. Making something for another country is not easy.

-eggman121

fgossage

Especially being from another country, you certainly got really close with the USA textures on the first try  :)
Fred Gossage
Pell City, Alabama

APSMS

Looks great, with the aforementioned nitpicks. Well, I would add that in CA there isn't usually a dashed line indicating new lanes (they just sort of open up, and when the road is wide enough the new lane markings start), but this is an issue endemic to the NAM (all of the RHW textures, though interestingly not all of the existing TuLEPs), so I can live with it.

Really, awesome work.

And part of my nitpicking may be that I just moved out to the "country", so I've been seeing these roads more often than I would've normally before.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

dyoungyn

Looks FANTASTIC on all front.  Only one nitpick thing, please add a "Stop Sign(s)" on all the after mentioned intersections.  I absolutely love &hlp the slip lanes.

Simcoug

Stupendous work eggman!  The offset intersection is really mesmerizing  :)

eggman121

Thank you for all the kind and helpful comments  $%Grinno$%

Well the plan is too encompass Dual Carriageways as well...

Thanks for all the feedback.  :thumbsup:

They should not be too hard to Path and put in the next NAM edition. No promises however.

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Eggman,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! &apls $%Grinno$%  Now this is something SC4 certainly does not have that I am sure a lot of us have been wanting for YEARS.  GREAT JOB and can't wait for a release.

dyoungyn

Swordmaster

Now that looks good! What happens when a rail line runs parallel with the main road, like in the RL pic above? ;D

Cheers
Willy

Tyberius06

Hi!

Can we have lane reductions after the crossings like on this map link?

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m0!3m2!1shu!2suk!4v1455532357163!6m8!1m7!1sN8VMWo06ZKFDVhQSXJ3JOA!2m2!1d47.34926253478272!2d19.41161292656632!3f276.6559808165616!4f-27.785218212997698!5f0.7820865974627469" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>]<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m0!3m2!1shu!2suk!4v1455532357163!6m8!1m7!1sN8VMWo06ZKFDVhQSXJ3JOA!2m2!1d47.34926253478272!2d19.41161292656632!3f276.6559808165616!4f-27.785218212997698!5f0.7820865974627469" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think with RHW cosmetic pieces we can make such things, but it would be nice for road network aswell, because I saw this type of crossings many times not just in rural areas.

Thank you!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Indiana Joe

Thanks for the textures Stephen  :thumbsup:

Playing around with them.  Here's a possible alternate setup, pretty common in the eastern US:

Forgot to add the rounded-off end to the lane break.  But that's the concept.

eggman121

Quote from: Indiana Joe on February 15, 2016, 05:50:48 PM
Thanks for the textures Stephen  :thumbsup:

Playing around with them.  Here's a possible alternate setup, pretty common in the eastern US:

Forgot to add the rounded-off end to the lane break.  But that's the concept.

Well I would say that you are the master to make the US versions. Good concept  :thumbsup:

To think of it we have the same type of markings in Australia except that they are white and designed for LHD since I am in a LHD country.

Well if you are happy too we can work together on these, (I notice you had to use Lots to show the piece in game)

It would be great if possible to get the textures right and that the code base is already there so we can go from there.

-eggman121

Tarkus

The crosshatches are indeed much more common in the eastern US than in the western states--saw them all over the place when I was in Maryland.  Out here on the west coast, we're increasingly getting crosshatches and chevrons on the white lines when there's space, but the yellow crosshatches are quite uncommon.

Also, Tyberius06, HTML things like iframes won't work unless you're an Admin--fortunately, I am, so here's your link fixed. :)

That appears to be a "seagull" type setup.  They exist out this way, too.

And Stephen, amazing work here as always. :thumbsup:  I'm hoping to post a few more giant intersections here shortly.  Have to wrestle some more gators and crocodiles to get there, though. :D

-Alex

compdude787

Wow, I really like these Rural Roads setups I'm seeing here! The one with the avenue certainly has a potential for lots of use in my region with my divided highways! This stuff is really cool. :D :thumbsup: &apls
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Jimmyson

Quote from: eggman121 on February 14, 2016, 05:37:34 PM
Thank you for all the kind and helpful comments  $%Grinno$%

Well the plan is too encompass Dual Carriageways as well...

Thanks for all the feedback.  :thumbsup:

They should not be too hard to Path and put in the next NAM edition. No promises however.

-eggman121

I'm really digging these intersections eggman121! I hope these can be brought to the RHW project too.
IMHO, these rural road interections that you have showed us work best on back roads between towns.

It would be awesome to see these at-grade Rural road intersection be paired with RHW-2 and RHW-4s (also accomodating for RHW-4s with a one-tile gap).

Keep up the good work!

dyoungyn

Alex,

Sexy and sweet.  Would even be sweeter if we could see TLUPs here.