• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Arlington Bay - Update:"Along Airport-Expressway"

Started by ManuelR, November 11, 2009, 02:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solsystem

Amazing update! This lake with park and plazas around is so beautiful. Really amazing &apls  &apls

ManuelR

Replies:

noahclem, bat, peter007, solsystem: Thank you all very much for commenting! :)

Today we're gonna pay a visit to Elmont, a very urban part of New Memphis' metropolitan area.

First of all an overview. You can see the western parts of downtown New Memphis on the right, going over into Elmont on the left.

South of Elmont are parts of New Memphis' huge container port. Also you can see the New Memphis turnpike going underneath Elmont.

As you can see, Park Ave. marks a very abrupt ending of the downtown area going over into apartment buildings. The New Memphis turnpike was built right underneath Elmont and the Freedom Park. It makes the neighbourhood much more livable and attractiv. Even with 3 big arteries from west to east (Lauretton Pkwy., BAy Ave., Elmont Blvd.)

Just a random close up, of how the people in Elmont live.

On the top you can see the old townhall of Elmont, once also used as townhall for New Memphis. Elmont is going through a real boom in the last few years, mostly because young people wanting to live in an urban and living city.

And finally the Freedom Park. The park was build just a couple of years ago, to give some more greenery to the city and make it more livable. A couple of old aprtment buildings had to be demolished, in order to give Elmont some diversity.

GreekMan

Seems like a nice place to live! Awesome stuff u have here. Very realistic!
Recreation: San Diego County
Rebuilding America's Finest City!
Visit my MD today!

noahclem

Nice update! I like your coastline and NWM use  :thumbsup:

Air6

I like your overviews, we can see the amount of work that you've done. Thanks for this update.

peter007

Very beautiful. I really like the statue of liberty. But isn't it in a wrong place  ;D

RickD

I love the street layout. You put much thought into it.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

penguin007

Nice update I love all the brown stone buildings you have and interesting to see them on a large scale which you don't usually see in any MDs

Will

ManuelR

Replies:

GreekMan, noahclem, Air6, peter07, RickD, penguin007: Thank you guys all very much for commenting my work :).

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today we will visit the "dirty" part of New Memphis. To be more specific the port and industrial areas in the west. As you have already seen New Memphis has a new and huge container port. You will only see some close-ups here, maybe I have an overview of the whole area for you later (it's enormous and includes more maps). There are also lots of big industrial areas in New Memphis, most of them near the port area of course. I used Diamonds 9x8 lots often, they just look great and way better than alot of smaller lots could look.

One of several terminals along the port.

Same terminal, just a little bit higher view.

Lots of warehouses next to the port.

The before mentioned industrial areas (Diamonds lots) along an avenue.

More of those dirty areas :).

Distribution centers behind the last row of apartments. We are here at the western end of Elmont.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GreekMan

The thing that I could never do: build such a realistic port....Great work!
Recreation: San Diego County
Rebuilding America's Finest City!
Visit my MD today!

Jayster

Very nice update! Where can I find the distribution center in picture 8?

Jayster

bat

This is looking so nice!
Wonderful work on these new pictures.

cubby420

Cool port area Manuel. Diamonds lots really are fantastic, though I can't seem to grow them all that often  &mmm

kodlovag

Nice port and industrial area.
Keep up the good work.
Visit my MD, welcome to Archipelago

peter007

Very nice work, I like your way of taking pictures. Somehow it's different and therefore better

Tomas Neto

Fanstastic update!!! Really very nice city!!!

tankmank

What an amazing MD, I have taken a lot of inspiration for my CJ from your MD  &apls

wwecruz

Wow, the last two updates were great! I love the uniform look of all your sidewalk/park textures. Very, very nice.

sc-4

WoaW , I didn't come here for a long time and what I See now it's Just amazing !

Call me Ludo

sumwonyuno

The port is awesome!  Looks just like an aerial shot of a real port.   :thumbsup:

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!