• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Arlington Bay - Update:"Along Airport-Expressway"

Started by ManuelR, November 11, 2009, 02:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManuelR

Replies:

GreekMan, bat, kodlovag, peter007, Tomas Neto, tankmank, wwecruz, sc-4, sumwonyuno: Thank you all very much for commenting.:)

cubby420: Thanks. Really? They grow like crazy, when I zone for them. There should be more buildings like them which you can controlling so good in growing them because of the special size.  ;D

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pictures of the "New Memphis Intl." are not totally ready yet, so I just have two teasers for you.  ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

teddyrised

Really amazing view of the airport at night! I can't wait to see a full-fledged update on the New Memphis International Airport.

p/s: Just out of curiousity, what mod are you using to place street lights on the maxis highways?

i_love_lamp

GreekMan

Recreation: San Diego County
Rebuilding America's Finest City!
Visit my MD today!

bat

Two really great pictures of that airport at night!!! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more...

sc-4

Woaw !

This is just awesome & I want more !

Call me Ludo

rooker1

Great teasers.  So far it look great. 
I don't have any patience for making realistic airports.  Too many little lots for me to go through to find the right ones. &mmm But for those with the patience, such as yourself, I love to look at the pics.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

sumwonyuno

Great night shot teaser of the airport!  It looks busy for night time, but not every gate is taken by a plane.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

ManuelR

Replies:

tankmank, i_love_lamp, GreekMan, bat, sc-4, rooker1, sumwonyuno:
Thank you guys all very much for commenting.

teddrised: Thanks. Good question, I found that mod years ago on the STEX.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today we drive from the outskirts to the airport along the airport-expressway.

The outskirts of Charlestown. 

Lets move west in direction to the airport.

A busy intersection. There is alot of traffic on the airport-expressway because there is no actual highway from New Memphis to the suburbs in the very east.  As you can see I tried to bring some smooth curves into the residental street-grid, to make the neighbourhoods out there look more "modern", but I'm not totally satisfied with the result, Simcity is just made to be in a grid system.  ;D

Moving on. First time for me using the sound-walls from the SFBT.

Getting closer to the airport, the airport-expressway widens and a highway from the north approaches aswell.

Alot of commercial and industrial areas around here.

We are now exactly north of the second runway.

Let's turn left an move south to the airport from here.

Alot of hotels and parking space.

We have arrived at the old terminal C. As you will see later in an overview, it's location is not practical (traffic-wise) to a modern airport anymore, so it's already nearly shutdown. Easy-jet is one of the only airlines left here, benefitting from low fees at terminal C.

Terminal C at night.

For the last 3 pictures we drive further in direction New Memphis. The other terminals and runways will be shown in further updates. ;)

Up Charles-Mayer-Avenue and turning left into the airport-expressway again.

Some R$$$ condos.

At Charlestown highschool, on the western end of the map we finish today's tour.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

cubby420

Great stuff Manuel! Your eye for diverse aspects of America gets better and better. That first picture...sometimes it feels like most of the country looks like this.

I'm curious. Have you been stateside before?

noahclem

Great job on the airport here! I like the port areas in the previous update too and think I might try growing that building you guys were talking about.

bat

Fantastic pictures of that expressway! That's a great looking city!
Looking forward to more... :)

rooker1

Awesome update.  
I love the airport, parking lots, avenues and the school.  All perfectly done. &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

nedalezz

Another fantastic update!

You really capture the essence and feel of your typical American airport area. It felt as if I was back in Miami on my way to the airport :)

My favorite picture has to be Picture 13 - the strip mall and the residential compound was perfect!

Girafe

Good update  &apls

this attention to the details is really appreciate and it's a pleasure to come here  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Reikhardt

Great update, I love the small town America feel!

tankmank

Great update, i really like what you've done there with everything

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.