• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CSGdesign's NATURAL GROWTH

Started by CSGdesign, November 20, 2009, 12:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanami

CSGdesign

Quote from: buncheesy on June 15, 2010, 12:23:22 AM
Ah finally another post ;D

I have been lurking here for a while now.  Your city journal inspired me to restart simcity third time round over all other game choices on my shelf.  So you get my first post to a city journal  ;)

I am a big fan of your natural growth roleplay style.  Dont know about the squigly streets myself but it does create a very realistic look at the regional and larger zoom views which is what hooked me back in.

PS love the new format.  look forward to more updates (especially planning related but heck I even read the human stories in your journal!)
Thankyou buncheesy! That's quite the honour.  :)
I wish that at a street level less griddish curvature was possible but I gotta work with what I got.  :)

Much moar development entries coming.

Quote from: 976 on June 15, 2010, 09:34:47 PM
V2 have more intrest!
:D  Thanks mate!

The Burkestaan's were not a wealthy family, by any means.
So they considered themselves extremely fortunate to find the residence that they did, near the new rail bridge that had extended the Daegon line out across the river to the western suburb of Goldfinch.
Imagine - seeing those huge trains rumble over this awesome bridge RIGHT OUTSIDE THEIR BEDROOM WINDOW (more or less).  A dream come true... only in Simnation!

Such a beautiful place to live.
They even have music every night from their neighbours till 2am... FREE!  What a country.

RickD

Interesting story. I like it.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

buncheesy

AS I was saying.....even the human stories are great in your journal :thumbsup:  Deep in the heart of suburbia...good luck to the Burketaan's &apls

greckman

You always have such nice stories, CSG. The new look looks great and it's nice to see some new updates. It was worth the wait.
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

skitbil

Have you decided where the new HWY is going?

sumwonyuno

It has been a very long time since I've visited, and I am still amazed of the region view, just like when I first saw it!   :thumbsup:

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

io_bg

Great region picture, I also like the rail bridge approach! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Ditro

Always great to read about Bostonv2! I enjoy your dry sense of humor. :D

Nanami

CSGdesign

Quote from: RickD on June 16, 2010, 02:39:50 AM
Interesting story. I like it.
Thanks RickD!

Quote from: buncheesy on June 16, 2010, 03:57:00 AM
AS I was saying.....even the human stories are great in your journal :thumbsup:  Deep in the heart of suburbia...good luck to the Burketaan's &apls
Cheers Buncheesy.  Not all stories are human stories... this one for example is heavily focussed on development, and a major development too.
With the new Multiplayer Region Project we're setting up, it will most likely be heavily moving towards development since that's what the MPR is all about.  Except that readers get on board!
Basically it's like Boston v2 is now YOUR region to play, in any way you want.

Quote from: greckman on June 16, 2010, 04:28:32 AM
You always have such nice stories, CSG. The new look looks great and it's nice to see some new updates. It was worth the wait.
Thankyou Greck!

Quote from: skitbil on June 16, 2010, 11:18:14 AM
Have you decided where the new HWY is going?
That is being done as part of the Multiplayer Region Project.  It will be revealed soon.

Quote from: sumwonyuno on June 18, 2010, 07:58:52 PM
It has been a very long time since I've visited, and I am still amazed of the region view, just like when I first saw it!   :thumbsup:
Thanks sumwonyuno!  Hopefully a lot more new stuff to come.  I'm trying to bring a whole new aspect to the sc4 community with the MPR.
The idea is that if it's a success I'll host other ppl's MPR's too.

Quote from: io_bg on June 18, 2010, 08:23:51 PM
Great region picture, I also like the rail bridge approach! :thumbsup:
Cheers!

Quote from: Ditro on June 30, 2010, 08:28:35 PM
Always great to read about Bostonv2! I enjoy your dry sense of humor. :D
Thanks Ditro!  Look forward to giving you lots moar of it!  :P

Quote from: 976 on July 01, 2010, 10:20:39 PM
Great update! &apls
Swoit!

After the disaster of the 89H air crash, strong political pressure moved Boston v2 in a direction that resulted in drastically upgrading it's international air-traffic abilities.  Ultimately this lead to the submission of several tenders to producing an airport in the region, the contract being won by the Eurasian Multinational Group.

The EMG produced a number of drafted proposals, and began construction on Phase #1 of a multi-phase project that would see the region leapfrog into a national standing with what would ultimately become one of Simnations largest and most renowned airports.

BEFORE DEVELOPMENT

AFTER PHASE#1 COMPLETE

This airport was produced by emgmod (aka "Eurasian Multinational Group") as part of the Multiplayer Region Project on CSGforums.

Luke09

Very nice update  :thumbsup:.But those Industries close to the airport...talking in a realistic way,IMO they should be a little more distant form the airport to prevent serious accidents...but you decides it,and you do very well with being realistic in this game  &apls
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

canyonjumper

Great update CSG! emg did a great job with the airport ;D

Your friend,
                                Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

sumwonyuno

Great job emgmod!   :thumbsup:  Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there should be more runways with that number of terminals and planes.  I'm sure the future phases will address it.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

limeyfox

Quote from: sumwonyuno on July 05, 2010, 09:24:45 PM
Great job emgmod!   :thumbsup:  Maybe it's just me, but it seems like there should be more runways with that number of terminals and planes.  I'm sure the future phases will address it.

It seems about right to me?

metarvo

It's good to see another update, CSG.  This update highlights one of the unfortunate but necessary facts of RL (and sometimes SC4): there's not always undeveloped land to build on.  In this case, the farmers gave up a good amount of land for airport construction.  If they were farming for a living, they might not like it at all that their land was taken away.  On the other hand, if they were doing it for a hobby, they might be more than happy to accept whatever payment they could get from the EMG.  Good work!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MandelSoft

Now the airport is there, you might consider to build an motorway to it (Natural Growth style of course) to handle all traffic from and to the airport. It might become (or maybe it is already) a busy route...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

limeyfox

Quote from: mrtnrln on July 06, 2010, 06:08:34 AM
Now the airport is there, you might consider to build an motorway to it (Natural Growth style of course) to handle all traffic from and to the airport. It might become (or maybe it is already) a busy route...

How do you generate commuter traffic to/from an airport without skewing the jobs/population figures in the area to simulate real-world traffic levels?

marsh

Emgdmod did a great job on the airport. I can wait to see what else happens in Bostonv2!

,marsh :thumbsup:

travismking

Quote from: limeyfox on July 07, 2010, 04:55:46 AM
How do you generate commuter traffic to/from an airport without skewing the jobs/population figures in the area to simulate real-world traffic levels?

only way i can think of is to add civic jobs or soemthing to the airport, which probably wouldnt be a really good idea, might mess with demand, and thats not guaranteeing the jobs will be filled.
Also, great work CSG, awesome :)