• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Shultzy's Showcase - Riverholm

Started by ShultzCity, January 03, 2010, 04:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShultzCity

Hello, and welcome to my first MD!

This MD is a showcase of my endeavours in Riverholm. The pictures will follow no real story line, more of a showcase of what I have been working on. I'll start off with four pictures, just to give you a feel for my style.

I'd love to hear opinions, critisicm, etc.   :)

Cheers, Jacob (ShultzCity)
I'd love it if you could check out my photography! Click on of the links below:
http://www.jacobshultz.com.au
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jshultzphotography/

Jmouse

Nice work, Jacob! You definitely have a unique and captivating style. I'm glad you decided to share some photos with us. It would be interesting to know more about the inspiration behind the playing style, though. Many MDers draw ideas from the environment in which they live, used to live or would like to live. A few are just fortunate enough to have a vivid imagination.

I really like
the way you've finished off your shorelines. I enjoy doing them, too, but yours have a softer, more subtle look I've never been able to achieve.

Best of luck with Riverholm.
I like what I see here, and I plan to be a regular visitor. :)

Later...

Joan

sumwonyuno

Oh, wow!  Those pictures are absolutely beautiful!    &apls

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Silur

Really attractive pictures. I like second one.  :thumbsup:

thingfishs

your 2nd and 4th pictures are truly awesome &apls

What's this bush?

Connor

Beautiful pictures, looking forward to seeing some more.  :thumbsup:

io_bg

Great start! All those pics are wonderfully detailed and photoshoped! Looking forward to more! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Nardo69

Nice start! I love your coast lines!

However these pure nature pictures are very dark on my CRT. Could you brighten these pictures up a bit in the future?

Take care

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Hey Jacob,
It is great to see that you have decided to share with us. 
These pictures are great!  Can't wait to see what you have for us next.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

That's an amazing looking coastline!  Beautiful details, I really like the wide riparian shore, it's very well done and realistic!

clearlypowa

Very nice and original start. I like natural pics, and yours are well done. Great detail on your coast line.

I'm going to follow your update step by step.

Keep going and good luck  :thumbsup:

ShultzCity

Replies:

Jmouse  -  Thanks a lot Joan, it is much appreciated :)   I will provide a few explanations in the coming updates  ;)
sumwonyuno - Thanks mate :)
Silur - Thanks, I think the 2nd is probably my favourite as well...
thingfishs - Cheers mate, much appreciated :)  The shrubs are called Peg Pond Cattails, and they can be found in the main peg pond kit.
Connor - Thanks Connor  :)
io_bg - Cheers :)
Nardo69 - Thanks!  Sorry about the darkness, unfortunately CRT monitors display colours much darker. I'll try and keep away from dark images in the future ;)
rooker1 - Thanks a lot :)
Battlecat - Cheers, thanks for the encouragement :)
clearlypowa - Thanks heaps mate :)

Today's update is just a few more pics from the coastal sorrounds of Troffin National Park. The next few updates should include some background information on the region of Riverholm, and how I go about making my landscapes.

Have a good one, Jacob.

Jmouse

Another excellent batch of photos, Jacob! Your rural scenes are among the best I've seen, and your attention to detail is awesome! It's interesting to note that, while all your photos reflect your personal style, they don't all look identical. There are a lot of subtle differences in the way you "decorate" the various shorelines, including the kind of rocks and vegetation you use.

You do a good job of placing trees, too.
The third photo looks especially good. The tree placement looks very natural - not too crowded and not too sparse. You're TPW looks good, too. I like the way the grass seems to be showing through the water in the upper right corner of the second photo.

If I might make one small suggestion,
it would be helpful if you would number the pictures to make it easier for us to comment on them individually. One system which seems to work well for MD authors is to use the update number followed by the picture number. For example, the first photo in the first update would be 1.1, followed by 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4 in your MD. Just an idea!  :)

Good work here...
Joan

sumwonyuno

&apls &apls &apls

That latest batch is simply wonderful.  ;D
I'm getting an itch to do some flora experimentation in my region!

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Ennedi

Great picture SchultzCity, I especially like the first and last one in the first update and the last one in the second update  :thumbsup:
I'm going to work now (we have 08:27 AM here in Poland), but I will try to prepare a few tips for you when I will come back. You have definitely a painting talent, you harmonize various textures very well just in the painting manner  :) &apls. I will try to help you to make your picture even better, and I see I will learn something from you too  :)

Adam  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

thingfishs

beautiful work Jacob, especially the last shot &apls
I completely agree with ennedi's comment, do you happen to paint in RL? Your coastline work is impeccable.
FWIW I'm not a fan of the round farms people create, I've never seen round farms, all our farms in Australia have rectangular fences.

ShultzCity

I am honoured Joan ;) Thanks for all your encouragement. I'll start numbering the pictures from the next update - thanks for the tip :)
Thanks sumwonyuno, good luck with your floral endeavours!
Thanks so much Adam, it is appreciated :)  Can't wait for the tips!  (we are about 10 hours apart, assuming you are on GMT time?)
Thanks thingfishs :) Definitely not a painter in RL, but I love graphic / web design, and hope to train in the web design field when I am older - so digital artist, I guess ;)    I agree with you on the rectangular fences, and I did try this in the first place, but ended up bulldozing the lot, because it looked extremely out of place in comparison to the non griddy, rural sorrounds. If I start to move into some suburbs at some stage, I will definitely go rectangular.

Fabian93

All I can say is: WOW :o &apls &apls
I know that it has already been said, but I've got to agree: Your rural landscapes are definitively one of the best ever seen...
I even saved those pictures on my computer... and I don't do this that often :thumbsup:

Keep up the fantastic work,
Fabian :)

gottago

These are really exceptional landscapes, wonderful work &apls &apls &apls

The wealth of color and ground textures is very realistic and impressive. Looking forward to seeing much more :thumbsup:

Rady

These landscapes are mervellous ... I wonder what plugins you're using to achieve that variety? I have the pasture flora from the Rural Renewal Project, but you seem to have some more .. maybe you can direct me towards them? I searched the LEX and STEX quite often, but didn't find anything beyond the RRP Pasture Flora ...
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps