• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 03, 2012, 02:31:24 AM
If we had something to show that wasn't set aside for unveiling closer to release (we want to make sure it it actually works properly first) and therefore drool moppingly awesome, we'd show it pretty quick. We'll have something plain awesome to show off again soon.

Awesome? I like that.

mike3775

If we had something to show that wasn't set aside for unveiling closer to release (we want to make sure it it actually works properly first) and therefore drool moppingly awesome, we'd show it pretty quick. We'll have something plain awesome to show off again soon.

Everything that has been shown already has made me drool, so good luck on topping what has already been shown, which is a good thing  :)

Wiimeiser

What now, FlexDDIs? Extra FlexSPUI and DDI variations? Splitting the SPUI into quadrants? That crossover-turns-only piece I've requested a few times?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on October 04, 2012, 07:42:36 AM
What now, FlexDDIs? Extra FlexSPUI and DDI variations? Splitting the SPUI into quadrants? That crossover-turns-only piece I've requested a few times?

If it is what you think, do you think we'd show them by now? For the record, none of those things even remotely exist. The most recent thing to happen was some model work for the single-tile networks. What's going on now is this: It's a busy week for some of us in RL. Do you expect much to happen if RL strikes?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

dossenaandrea

Hi how do I build 8 or 10 lanes bridges(I mean 4 or 5 lanes per direction)?
Thanks!

MandelSoft

You can't do that at the moment. Currently there are no bridges publicly available capable of doing that.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Haljackey

This is a little off topic but worth noting...

As some of you may or may not know I make some timelapse driving videos every now and then. After recently filming a route, I figured out that just about all of it could be built with the current RHW we have now (with the exception of the 8 lane bridge). This brought me to the realization that this mod has worked its way up to the point that it can rival RL creations. By the time P57 and multiple levels are done, we can use it to practically recreate just about anything we see in the world today. Just think about that!

Here's the video if you want to see it. (I've got other driving timelapses on my Youtube account as well)

http://www.youtube.com/v/s2Xmy6K5wUI
http://youtu.be/s2Xmy6K5wUI

This blew my mind, and perhaps yours as well when you come to think of it. Crazy stuff eh?

Keep up the great work guys!

Tarkus

Quote from: Gugu3 on October 03, 2012, 12:27:25 AM
Something new to shoe Alex? ;Dor anyway is everything proceeding in the right way?

At present, no.  Generally, if I have things to show, unless I have a really good reason for keeping it under wraps, I've been pretty open about sharing it this development cycle.  I've been occupied with draconian uni paperwork so far this week so I could register for dissertation credits, which entailed two days of chasing professors around to get signatures (not easy when they don't have a set schedule).  That's done now, fortunately, and I'm just now getting back into things.

I'm still working on the L1 RHW-2-over-C-type DxD setups, which have proven particularly thorny on the RUL side, and started pathing in the meantime (which isn't that interesting to show).  Once those things are done, then things will get quite interesting, but it'll likely be a few days still before I have anything good to show.

-Alex

jondor

In the land of boring behind-the-scenes-but-essential-to-everything work, I just recently supplied the NAM team with a set of (nearly) complete single tile RHW network models including all overpasses at all heights (aside from a few L0 at grade rail/GLR crossings).  That's MIS + RHW-2, 3, 4, and 6S.

Of course before they can be made useful, the L1-RHW-2 RULs need to be completed and tested, not to mention a boatload of path files.  But it's a big step towards a complete and high quality highway system.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

dragonshardz

Any chance of O-Ave x D-6C making it into the next release?

(Also Road OxD and Oneway OxD for 6C would be awesome too. Diagonal 6C exits as well, since why the heck not?)

Swordmaster

Quote from: Haljackey on October 04, 2012, 12:00:33 PM
This is a little off topic but worth noting...

As some of you may or may not know I make some timelapse driving videos every now and then. After recently filming a route, I figured out that just about all of it could be built with the current RHW we have now (with the exception of the 8 lane bridge). This brought me to the realization that this mod has worked its way up to the point that it can rival RL creations. By the time P57 and multiple levels are done, we can use it to practically recreate just about anything we see in the world today. Just think about that!

Here's the video if you want to see it. (I've got other driving timelapses on my Youtube account as well)

This blew my mind, and perhaps yours as well when you come to think of it. Crazy stuff eh?

Keep up the great work guys!

Cool video, Ryan.

Cheers
Willy

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: dragonshardz on October 05, 2012, 02:57:27 PM
Any chance of O-Ave x D-6C making it into the next release?

Depends on which network is being elevated.

If it's the RHW network being elevated, then every possible crossing is being considered and planned to be added in. If it's the non-RHW network being elevated,... That depends; One of the eventual plans is to make elevated Roads/AVEs/OWRs become all draggable, and seeing how that isn't on the docket right now, that'll depend on whether such pieces can be made, if it's decided to even make them.

Even without, can't you just convert the ortho AVE-4 to RHW-4 (the elevated network)? After all, every possible crossing is being added (or at least coded in), and each and every one is draggable. You don't even need a puzzle piece.
<INACTIVE>
-----

dragonshardz

Avenue over 6C. Does ERHW4 have an ortho over Diag 6C?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: dragonshardz on October 06, 2012, 11:33:27 AM
Avenue over 6C. Does ERHW4 have an ortho over Diag 6C?

Currently, no, and if it did, it would be a puzzle piece.

P57 will have that crossing, but it's completely draggable, but that once again is subject to clarification; There are four different ERHW-4's slated for inclusion: L1, L2, L3, and L4. Just saying "ERHW" will no longer be sufficient in describing the height level of an elevated RHW network, but in any any case, they're all being considered and included. (Yes, we're going all out on almost every possible diag crossing.)
<INACTIVE>
-----

ivo_su

Haljackey

Quote from: ivo_su on October 06, 2012, 03:06:58 PM
1 000 000 views  :thumbsup:  &apls  &apls

Crazy! Never even knew this until now... Quite a popular project I guess :P
-You can add another ~178,000 from the original RHW thread at ST (the one that started it all)

After looking at the forum stats, it won't be long before this thread surpasses 3RR in the view count. That's insane!  :thumbsup:

metarvo

Congratulations on 1,000,000 views, NAM Team!  :thumbsup:  With all of these multiple levels and new overpasses, it won't be too long before some of the monster interchanges in Dallas can be built, such as the High Five.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

ivo_su

Happy Birthday Tarkus (Alex) - I wish you all the great things that can happen to you. I love you and thank you for everything you do for us. I know that Oregon is not yet October 15, but now in Sofia, is  and if you were here now you would be 27 years.

Durfsurn

Yes Happy Birthday! (I had no idea it was ur birthday %grinno%) looking forward to more development. I know you don't do release dates but are we looking at a 2012 release or don't you know?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Durfsurn on October 14, 2012, 10:21:43 PM
I know you don't do release dates but are we looking at a 2012 release or don't you know?

I can give you the release date: The release date is the date that it's released. :P

In all seriousness, though, this is what happens when you do give out a release date and you don't fulfil it. We simply don't know when it's ready for release.

Most of the stuff you've seen has already been put into the recently-distributed fourth alpha build, so there wouldn't be a whole lot of new things to show you or tease about.
<INACTIVE>
-----