• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: MandelSoft on October 19, 2013, 10:05:04 AM
Something like this?

Exactly what I meant!!  &apls &apls
My idea have 4 additional pieces: the slip lanes, the intersection, the RHW-3 w/ slip lane in/out and the WRHW-2 modified piece.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

MandelSoft

And I've got them ready in-game (still needs pathing though)! Watch and drool!

Click to enlarge:

Best,
Maarten

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Kuewr665

These are great!

Now excuse me for a moment, I need to wipe up some drool off the keyboard.

droric

That is indeed freakin awesome!  Those look very much like many rural road intersections I know of.  Fantastic work.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Swordmaster

vinlabsc3k

It's unbelievable!! :o
You are great!! :thumbsup:
It's... it's...
blurb... blurb..

eggman121

Great job Maarten! I have been waiting for these for a while. One question. Will these TuLEPs be ported over to the Rural Roads Plugin or Rural  TuLEPs plugin (if it is to be created)? Or will they be exclusively RHW material? I know many surface roads (Non highway) In Rural Australia (Where I am from) have these type of intersections.

Anyway great work  :thumbsup:

-eggman121 

Wiimeiser

I hope someone noticed my previous post...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Maarten, excellent work--I wouldn't expect any less! :thumbsup:

Quote from: Wiimeiser on October 20, 2013, 06:56:28 PM
I hope someone noticed my previous post...

I did, and I think most others did as well, and consider it taken under advisement.

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: eggman121 on October 20, 2013, 05:34:17 PM
Great job Maarten! I have been waiting for these for a while. One question. Will these TuLEPs be ported over to the Rural Roads Plugin or Rural  TuLEPs plugin (if it is to be created)? Or will they be exclusively RHW material? I know many surface roads (Non highway) In Rural Australia (Where I am from) have these type of intersections.

Anyway great work  :thumbsup:

-eggman121 

Definitely, I would say. I've been dying to have that kind of intersection for regular TuLEPs, but it requires the addition of a few new pieces that aren't currently available ...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Geometry123

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

DJSun1981

This is really  &apls  &apls, but I am missing the acceleration lanes on the last picture on the left side on the road (street from north to south)  &idea  ::)

APSMS

Why does the left side need acceleration lanes? Traffic is originating from the turn lanes, so there's no merging with thru traffic. ()what() Or maybe I'm just not understanding what you mean.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Indiana Joe

Quote from: DJSun1981 on October 20, 2013, 09:03:31 PM
This is really  &apls  &apls, but I am missing the acceleration lanes on the last picture on the left side on the road (street from north to south)  &idea  ::)

Accel lanes are needed for left-turning traffic so that it doesn't have to worry about waiting for a break in both directions.  Since right-turning traffic isn't crossing both lanes, it doesn't need accel lanes.  I hope that makes sense.

APSMS

I see. I was looking at the wrong street. Tarkus' link straightened things out.

Those are some very nice RHW TuLEPs; So tempting that I actually want to try out making a rural stretch of highway in my mountainous region parts just so I can find an excuse to use them (I have a hard time spending time to do stuff like that, so for me it means a lot).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

DJSun1981

Thanks Alex, that is what I mean - rightlane accel lanes

gn_leugim

that is so great!  :o

that last concept (with the side turning lanes) applied to normal roads would be also sooooo awesome!  "$Deal"$ "$Deal"$  :thumbsup:

vinlabsc3k

I hope that the developement of QuickChange ramps don't affect the correction of this bug.

Tarkus

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on October 22, 2013, 01:01:50 AM
I hope that the developement of QuickChange ramps don't affect the correction of this bug.

No.  Completely unrelated developments.  I thought that one had been fixed already (it appears it was in one of Maarten's alternate texture sets), but it is now fixed on my end here and added to our depository.  And since I'm as tired of seeing that pic of the RGBK tiles on the end of those ramps as I'm sure you are, I'll violate my "no patches between releases" rule--see attached.  You should be able to place this wherever you want in your Plugins folder (it's basically adding missing texture IIDs), and can safely delete when NAM 32 is released.

-Alex