• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adventures in Auria

Started by Spore415, July 08, 2009, 06:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spore415

Hello! this is my first time posting a mayor diary here on SC4D... this is mainly a continuation of my CJ over on ST which can be found http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=36&threadid=107160&enterthread=y but when i get caugt up on the updates (4) i will start posting new ones... i hope you all enjoy!

An Introduction to some of...

Aurias' Movers and Shakers

Mire is one of the many Municipalities in the Nation of Auria, a North American Nation Somewhere between the United States and Virgin Shores. as with all cities, it has its set of people that pass legislature, give donations, make appearences and get on the public's nerves. here is an introduction to three of the Men and Women that make Mire Move! more will be introduced as this CJ is continued

STEVEN FULWORTH:
Steve Fulworth is the PRESIDENT of the Republic of Auria. Steve is currently serving his 1st term as president and is 3 years into his 4 year term. He  enjoys a 62% approval rating among voters and is a member of the PUBLICAN PARTY having mainly moderate right winged veiws. He is the Grandson of Aurian Billionaire John D. Fulworth, Son of Billionare John. D. Fulworth Jr. and brother of Charles Fulworth. Steve has a Net Worth of around 314 Million Aurs (Aurian Currency) making him the wealthiest president of the nation ever. the majority of his wealth was accumlated from inheritance from his Grandfather. Steve was offered the position of Co Chair of the board and CFO of his family corporation, Fulworth Financial, but turned it down in pursuit of a career in polytics. However, Steven holds a 15% stake in the company and therefor retains a seat on the board.

CHARLES FULWORTH:
Charles Fulworth is the older brother of President Steven Fulworth. Charles Enjoys a life of Luxury as CEO and President of the Board of Fulworth Financial, an international financial insitution founded by his Grandfather many decades ago. Charles has an Estimated net worth of 1.018 billion Aurs, a little over 3 times that of his brother, Steven. the majority of his wealth comes from a trust set up by his grandfather (to the first son of his first son) that will mature on the 60th birthday. Subtract the funds from the trust and Charles is worth 418 million dollars, which he either earned as CEO or invested in companies from the inheritance his grandfather left him. Charles is an active member of the comunity and philanthropist who sponsors many local events and charities. like his brother, he has moderate right wing veiws and is a member of the Publican Party. He owns 22% of the company Fulworth Financial and 51% of the Insurance Agency InsuredLife.

MARGARET NEWMAN:
Margaret is the local represenative to the Aurian Assembly from the 2nd district, which encompasses half of the city of MIRE. If there is a ribbon that needs cut or a building that need dedicated, no doubt this junior represenative will be there to lend a helping hand. She has represenated Mire in the assembly for the past 6 years and chairs the AC (assembly commision) for Domestic Policy. Mrs. Newman has a net worth of about 2.1 million and earns annually 125,000 Aurs.

AND NOW...... a breif pictoral Intorduction to the City of Mire, please enjoy, I normally include captions, but this is just to get everyone aquainted with MIRE. i will explain all the buildings and roads and so forth in the next update

the CBD in all its glory. note this is a very old photo and i have changed a bit here and there. the CBD is one of the main "skyscraper districts" in the Mire Metro Area and is home to the headquarters of many international corporations. but don't really worry about it..... as you will find out later, the dcity of MIRE doesn't really play a big part in this Diary's story. i tried to create the downtown as a mix of Times Square and a european/british city, did i suceed or fail epically???

tcx

;D

I like your pics od downtown, it goes well from low-rise to mid-rise.  :thumbsup:

peter007

Good pictures Spore
Nice buildings especially those in the CBD
Do you have any ondergrounds,trams or El. rail ?

mvg me

Nexis4Jersey

Cool Downtown , I like the different Building styles  &apls

Strategist01

Great downtown pics! I see you have Tower 42  :thumbsup:! Nice...

Tomas Neto

Nice start!!! You have a great city!!!

shaylan221

Nice start on ur MD. Margaret Newman resembles Sarah Palin ;)
Come check out my new exciting MD:

"The Life of a Tour Guide"

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11351.0

Strategist01

Quote from: shaylan221 on July 13, 2009, 01:25:56 PM
Nice start on ur MD. Margaret Newman resembles Sarah Palin ;)

Then she won't last very long in Government then...;)

antimonycat

A nice start, looking forward to seeing more, despite Sarah Palin :)

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Spore415

I had a cool Republic of Auria Replies banner, but for some reason i cant seem to post it... oh well
Thank you all for your kind comments.... and i'll just ignore the anti Palin setiments hahah

TCX: thank you very much, i'm glad you like it, however i hope you don't like it that much because you won't really be seeing anymore of it hahahah
Peter: thanks, i tried to pick the right combination so i got a city that felt like a mix of London and Times Square. also, i was expirmenting with el. Rail and GLR but i decided to go against using it in THIS city since it won't play a big part in my Mayor Diary's plot, but you will see ALOT of GLR and Trams in the updates to come!
Nexis4Jersey: thanks i'm glad you like them!
TomasNeto: I like to think that too, thank you for stopping by, I hope to see you again
Shaylan221: does she now.... i hadn't noticed that hahaha, as you will see in updates to come, i have a little thing for sarah
Strategist: don't come back... no i'm just kidding haha, let's hope that Margaret Newman (or Sarah Palin for that matter) lasts for a decent amount of time, we need strong and Smart women in the Aurian government!
Antimonycat: I'm looking forward to see more too, but you will also be seeing more Sarah. don't worry, i will include both sides of the Aisle as you will also be seeing Nancy Pelosi appear later on.
Sciurus: por favor senor

Also, if anyone would like an Embassy, please leave a comment letting me know and we can get in contact!

WHO WE MEET IN TODAY's UPDATE!

Jim Shaw, Chairman of the Mire City Council and Local Businessman

Chuck Norris, enough said

In the Office of President Steven Fulworth, Mayor Chuck Norris along with president of City Council and local architect Jim Shaw, sit down to talk with Steven...

Steven: I hope I havn't bothered either of you two fine men

Chuck: of course not Mr. President

Steven: how many times do I need to tell you Chuck, just call me Steve; we've known each other long enough after all!

Jim: thank you for having us Steve

Steven: who said you could call me Steve!?!

Jim: *blank stare*

Steven: I'm just kidding Jim... I do apologize; I should conduct myself little more formally. *straightens tie*

Chuck: well let's get down to business shall we, what do you need us for Steve?

Steven: well, I've been thinking, Auria has been a member of the AFDES for the past few years now, and it has only helped us grow and develop. However, with its small offices within Mire, I feel that we are not benefitting to the extent that we could.

Jim: so you want to expand the offices... I suppose that could be done

Steve: actually Jim, I was thinking along the lines of constructing an all new Auria AFDES Center.

Jim: an all new center... do you know how much that will cost?

Steve: don't worry, the city won't have to pay a dime, it will all be funded with federal subsidizations .

Jim: all the same Steve, I don't think many people are going to agree with the idea. We already have a functioning center, and an upgrade will cost significantly less than an all new building.

Steve: Chuck, what is your take

Chuck: you have my support, I believe a new center will do nothing but help our local economy and provide a city icon for many years to come.

Steve: that was more of a response that I was looking for!

Chuck: where would you want to put this new center.... in the location of the old building I assume.... I've never liked that building, i can just imagine the wrecking ball going thoruhg it now....

Steve: well actually, I was hoping to put it between 3rd Ave. and the Park.

Chuck: oh... you know the zoning laws. Remember the last plan that got shot down to build a children's hospital there.

Steve: yes but....

Chuck: Mr. President, with all due respect, while you still have my support, I think you should pick another location. I know that it is a stupid law, there is no better way to put it, but it is a law for a reason.  It was set up to protect the beauty of our historic city park.

Steve: and you put it well, it is very stupid, and that is why I was hoping that we could repeal the ordinance.

Jim: do you know how many hoops we would have to jump through? We would have to get community approval, get the signatures of at least 50,000 citizens, have the backing of the entire city council, take all kinds of polls and give a rational reason for reversing a City Law. It is a lot of work to drop such a minute ordinance, but that is what the provisions in the City Charter call for.

Steve: do you think we could get it all done... n I don't know, a month or two

Jim: are you nuts? That would be almost...

Chuck: yeah I think we could do that

Jim: Chuck?  Are you serious?

Chuck: of course, I can get anything done.... I'm Chuck Freaking Norris!

Jim: if you take care of all the nitty gritty, you'll have my vote. And if this all works out as easy as you think it will, I'm sure I can convince the other members of city council as well

Steve: alright then, sounds great! Let's get this rolling, we have signatures to collect. Oh and while you guys are at it, you might as well try and abolish the provisions in the Charter that require us to do all this work to drop a simple ordinance. i'll get you all the plans when you have the signitures.

Jim: well, i guess i'm off to the office, i hope this is what you really want Steve *departs*

Chuck: and i will go start the paperwork at city hall. remeber, i got your back! *winks and departs*

Strategist01

hehehe...nice one with the dialogue! I agree put a new building there, the old ones are ugly :P

Tomas Neto