• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seto; Let the Games Begin!

Started by iamgoingtoeatyou, May 02, 2009, 09:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calibanX

Wow, beautiful downtown night shots. I love the detail you're getting into the wiki too. I love the details in your photos. I'd love to see a zoomed-out view of your airport too.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

iamgoingtoeatyou

UPDATE 5: Hinawa - Nujigu Bridge; Bay of Hinawa
(connection between the two cities)

If you're driving into Hinawa from any of Seto's major cities, chances are you'll likely pass over this bridge. Simply referred to as the Hinawa - Nujigu Bridge, it connects Hinawa to the neighboring city of Nujigu. Before the bridge was completed, citizens had to take a 40 minute long ferry across the bay; now that trip is shortened to 5-10 minutes depending on traffic flow. The bridge gets a large amount of traffic because it's the only bridge crossing the Bay of Hinawa and it connects to the Hinawa Metropolitan Expressway, the city's major highway and important artery. In 2005, a cargo ship crashed into the bridge's south tower, therefore water traffic has been rerouted to avoid the bridge altogether.

[ FULL SIZE: http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5458/largem.jpg ]: A panorama showing one of the bridge's tall towers.

The long stretch of the bridge hovering above the Bay of Hinawa.

One of the bridge's 2 towers illuminated at night as commuters rush between cities.

A day shot of one of the two towers.

COMMENTS

BarbarossaS: I'm glad you like the waterfront! The train station serves people from all over the metropolis, so it's very crowded!

sebes : Well you my friend are strange. Just kidding! :P I like the architecture on it too, I would like to sit and enjoy watching the day pass around in this area.

art128: Thank you, I don't usually using plopable canals, but I think these canals looked much better than normal maxis water (and less work!) Glad you like it!

Luke09: Sorry, I don't understand what a drift area is.

Nexis4Jersey: Didn't catch any trains on that mosaic unfortunately :(

calibanX: Thank you! There are a few overviews of the airport in the first page.

Luke09

Nice Update!A drift area is where ppl go to do drift.You Know Fast and Furious 3?If you know it,you will understand what im saying
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

JoeST

Hey, didnt know you had an MD :) its looking fantastic, as it always does with your stuff :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

art128

It's nice to see how a bridge can make an update ! very nice mosaics my friend !
Looking forward to more.

Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Nexis4Jersey

Whoa , impressive bridge!

just_a_guy

Hey great MD here! I've always liked the feel of japanese cities so i've been trying to make similar cities but it isn't easy.

anyway, that's the akashi keikyo bridge isn't? It really is amazing and it's just as amazing here. Keep up the great work!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

iamgoingtoeatyou

Hinawa is the largest city and capital of Seto, an island nation in the Pacific Ocean. The country is a blend of Asian cultures and history that has transformed it from a small outpost to a large nation of millions. Seto has a complex transportation infrastructure and Hinawa is the country's main hub.  All the major companies are headquartered here, and many of the country's important landmarks are found within the city limits. Seto hopes to host the July 2009 Simlympic Games to introduce itself to the international community.

Part 1: Main Sport Venues

The Sports Village is located in the northern section of Hinawa, in a newly developed athletic and sports center. The main arenas are found here, and the Samsung Center is located in the northern edge of the village. It's easily accessible by bus, subway, or car from the nearby Mizamotto District. Shuttles leave the central station every 10 minutes during games and events. It'll be where many of the events of the Simlympics will take place, with secondary venues taking place in nearby areas.

The Hinawa Dome is the largest of the arenas, and the main venue to play athletic games. It will be the site of the opening ceremonies and has a maximum capacity of 70,450 people.

The Motorola Center is the 2nd largest arena, and the field (like all the other arenas) can be converted to play other athletic games. It has a maximum capacity of 53,200 people.

The final arena is Seto Railway Arena, which is also the smallest. It can be used in addition to the other arenas for the main sport venues and has a maximum capacity of 34,900 people.

The Samsung Center is home to the swimming center and the indoor athletics center in the northern part of the village. The Samsung Tower can be used for T.V reporting and office space.

Park Center is an island located right off Sports Village. There are three large towers that can be used for athletic accommodations, all of them with large central lobbies, apartments, and training facilities. There is a bridge connecting it to other satellite islands and a subway connection in the nearby plaza.

Part 2: Secondary Sport Venues

The Imperial Canals located in nearby Mizamotto can be used for canoeing exercises. The long length will give the athletes a tough challenge.

A map of the Mizamotto Financial District showing the location of the canals and surrounding landmarks.

The Imperial Gardens have miles of cycleways for running & biking activities and a large pond that can be used (in addition to the canals) for water activities like rowing and canoeing.

The tennis courts and arenas across the street from the equestrian track.

The track can be easily converted for races with main seating in the western section of the track.

Part 3: Transport

Transportation is an important aspect of the games as visitors and athletes need to get to the correct venues quickly and efficiently.

Hinawa International Airport is the easiest way to arrive in the city from abroad; flights arrive in the airport everyday.

The city's complex railway system is the best way to get around the city; with 300 stations above and below ground, you're never far from your next destination.

The city's skyrail system connects Marina City (above) with the Kubo Financial District.

The Metropolitan Expressway connects all districts of the city with numerous highway systems, bridges, and underground tunnels.

Part 4: Culture

The city also has many landmarks and cultural sites for visitors can enjoy in between venues.

The University of Hinawa is the prime center of education, with 3 different campuses around the city; the main one located in the northern part of the city.

The Emperor's Palace is one of Hinawa's oldest landmarks and the Imperial Gardens are a popular place to relax.

Contrasting to the greenery and serenity in the northern part of the city, the southern section contains dense and urban districts.

Looming in the distance is Mount Nugu towering over the clouds.

Luke09

Beauty!Nice Football arenas!I also liked the tokyo TV(That is tokyo tv right?)
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

iamgoingtoeatyou

UPDATE 6: Marina City
(satellite business district)

Marina City is a relatively new development located several miles east of Kubo in Hinawa Harbour. It was sculpted in the late 1990's to create a satellite business center. The main route that passes the district is called the Hinawa Harbourside Expressway, and it cuts through the center of the island, ending at the edge of Marina City with an underwater tunnel. There is another road connection via the Metropolitan Bridge and a speedy monorail line that runs through the island. It connects Kubo's Skyrail in the lower level truss of the bridge. Marina City holds a number of department headquarters and offices, but it's usually quiet throughout the week.

Hinawa's Metropolitan Bridge, carrying in connecting commuters from Kubo and Marina City. Seto Electric HQ is seen in the bottom. Because it's spring, the cherry blossoms gifted from Seto's neighbor, Japan, are beginning to bloom.

The Hinawa Marina Center, a complex of offices, art sculptures, and a hotel, is a popular place for tourists.

A mosaic of the Hinawa Marina Center during noon. In this mosaic you can see the cycleways, monorail, the numerous parking lots, and the Hinawa Harbourside Expressway.

A midnight downpour by the harbourfront.

Luke09 : Oh, ok, I understand what you mean.

JoeST: I'm glad you like it!

art128: Thanks Arthur, glad you enjoyed the bridge :)

Nexis4Jersey: Thanks..

just_a_guy : Yep, it is! Thank you!

Luke09: Thank you! It is the Fuji T.V building so pretty close :P

Luke09

:P nice pics.Your MD is amazing man!I also love the Oriental Culture,im really a fan of Seto
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

iamgoingtoeatyou

WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY 2009

5 June is World Environment Day; established by the UN to create global awareness about the environment. It also marked the completion of the Imperial Gardens Expansion Project. The main goal of the project was to create new attractions which included the addition of a new natural history exhibit to the Hinawa Museum. A huge fireworks display lit up Mizamotto's canal front, celebrating the completion of the project. About 3,500 trees were also planted in celebration of the event. Residents use the city's largest park as a calm retreat from the dense city.

art128

That picture is wonderful Daniel, the fireworks effect is greatly done. Also, the park is a great touch.
Looking forward to more.

Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swesim

I use to stop by over at the SCJU from time to time, but this is a much more convenient way of following Your City as I find it somewhat difficult to find and read the cityblogs over at SCJU.
It is also nice to read about the treeplanting effort, that will surely compensate for much of the pollution created in/by the city itself.
Did You lot the NAM- and Monorail Yourself? I have been looking for the NAM-pieces in the LE but couldn´t find them so any tips on that would be very much appriecated.

iamgoingtoeatyou

UPDATE 7: Maugana Region
(setonese countryside)

Today we'll be exploring the rural Maugana region. The region is home to numerous farm fields, bullet train lines, wind farms, and small towns.

The S-18 Expressway is an easy way to travel through the region quickly and efficiently. It takes you from Hinawa to the center of Maugana in about 3 hours.

Airstrips dot the region, and are an easy way to reach isolated areas of the country.

Wind farms are very common here; they power many small towns and villages. They are part of an effort by the Setonese government to reduce carbon emissions.

From the wind farms, electricity is transported to power stations like the one above to be sent to homes and businesses.

Mount Tuo, one of the tallest in Seto, is seen above covered by fog. A bullet train line passes right near the mountain, making a long journey quick and enjoyable.

Just a quick update before we arrive in our next destination ;)

@Swesim: Glad you're following! The monorail was actually a mix of using the high monorail pieces (from the NAM I assume) and photoshop to get the concrete under it.

Luke09

Nice pics.Im wondering about how did you make that high bridge over a highway  ()what()
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Nexis4Jersey

Excellent update, i'm wondering how did u get a ground bullet train line , and how did u build that Highway Bridge over Highway  :thumbsup:

Swesim

Nice to see a "quickie" so soon, I wonder if the solarpanels will do much good due to the pollution seemingly put out by the factory next by...

iamgoingtoeatyou

COMMENTS

Luke09: The viaduct is like a bridge,  but in land. I just had to connect it to two high mountains and I got it to work, then I put a ground highway under it and photoshopped it to make it look like it was going under the viaduct.

Nexis4Jersey: Highway bridge ^, ground bullet train line: glitch that made the bullet train pylons disappear, so it looks like it's in the ground :P

Swesim: Ah, don't worry, that is just steam coming from the plant; if it was pollution, you'd see more black and dirty-looking smoke. It's a geothermal plant but I've been using it as a power station to help send electricity out to the region. Thanks for commenting!

calibanX

Congratulations to the sims of Hinawa on their winning bid to host the Simlympics! Looking forward to the opening ceremonies.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together