• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seto; Let the Games Begin!

Started by iamgoingtoeatyou, May 02, 2009, 09:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielcote

This is Great news I hope Britain, Germany, France, Japan, Russia, Austria, Canada, United States and italy win a medal!  ;D

art128

Excellent news for Seto Daniel, congrats on the Simlympics ! Also, the last update is truly excellent, your photoshopping job always amaze me !
Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

iamgoingtoeatyou

As Hinawa got word that it would host the 2009 July Simlympics, city officials quickly got to work on updating the city to host the new visitors, athletes, and media coming for the events. These upgrades range from new ferry lines, subway expansions, more security & information booths, airport upgrades, and general enhancement of the city; many which you will see here.

Hinawa International Airport's old Terminal 1 (above) was quickly falling to the pressures from new passengers and outdated technology. To welcome new visitors from the region, the terminal received a massive upgrade to help balance traffic in the airport. It now handles regional and domestic travel, while the newer Terminal 2 (below) handles international flights. Microbuses, taxis, city buses, and a subway line allow passengers to get to the Sports Village very efficiently.

One of the bridges that connects the airport to the city was renovated to speed up traffic and commutes.

After a discussion with ISC members, it was decided the SR Arena would be replaced with a new plaza that will hold the Simlympic torch. Along with the equestrian track, the new plaza will be a revamping of an existing venue. It should also help spread out the arenas and give visitors a place to relax.

Right next door is a new arena. It can help host the numerous indoor venues as it's next to the Samsung Center. The transport station across the street will help visitors get to the area.

News outlets covering the games are starting to move into the Samsung Tower; BBC, NBC and Seto's SBN (Seto Broadcasting Network) are all setting up there.

Located right off the Sports Village is Park Center, the soon-to-be home for the athletes. It's located in a part of the bay that contains many islands, including a vacant one across the bridge. The city officials decided to use the vacant island for a new training center.

The Athletics Center was quickly constructed; a large building with a modern globe in the center. There are tennis courts, swimming pools, gyms, cafes and green spaces for the athletes.

On another nearby island, the HSBC Arena has opened featuring a velodrome inside and an area for BMX events. It's another good example of the renovation on the old industrial islands.

Banners have been put up along Hinawa's major avenues announcing the 10th Simlympic Games. A new amphitheatre has been built nearby to hold plays and shows.

The median that leads to the central station has been revamped with new banners, trees, and walkways for pedestrians.

The Mizamotto Convention Center has finally opened for business; it has a grand food hall with gourmet pork products.

In the Luijnu District, the old arena was renovated to help with more indoor events planned for the games.

Several new stores and shops have also opened up in the city, including several new hotels near the Gujihaya area. Although the official torch relay route hasn't been released yet, many speculate the torch will pass through this busy area of Hinawa.

One of the new hotels includes this one: The Cobb Imperial Gardens. It's in the northern section of the Gujihaya across the street from the park.

Finally, over at the Hinawa Dome, there has been a stealthy buzz in the area. Many workers have been seen leaving the site late into the foggy night... What are they up to?

Thanks for stopping by, hope you follow the developments!

JoeST

Awesome update. Some really interesting stuff going on :) I like all the redevelopment.

Also, have you thought about using FAR in the last pic instead of the weaving road pieces?

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Connor

Wow, great work here. Very good stuff in the lot editor and wonderful choice of BATs.

calibanX

Very nice update. The city pics and the venue shots are very artistic. You've picked some great buildings that show well at night too. I can't wait to see what you've got in store for the simlympics.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

art128

A lot of nice installations Daniel, great choice of BATs and good work on the Lots. I really love the island with these threes towers, it looks good to me.
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Luke09

nice pics!Where can i found that beauty stadium?And nice "olympic village"
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

iamgoingtoeatyou

http://simsports.darkbb.com/july-simlympics-f131/

The July 2009 Simlympic Games have officially started! Make sure to visit the above link for daily results on competitions and events :)

JoeST: I haven't thought about using FAR yet, I only used those pieces in the city because they came with sidewalks to blend in the urban environment, but I've been wanting to experiment with FAR in my rural areas ;D

Connor: Thank you!

calibanX: I'm glad you like it, hope you enjoy the July games!

art128: Thank you Arthur!

Luke09: The stadium is a Japanese BAT, but I downloaded it here: http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=505 :)

Sciurus

Woaw just beautiful, I love that &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

eugenelavery

What a great MD. Seto has given me many inspirations.  Is there any chance of seeing pictures of the whole area to get some perspective of the layout and where things are in relation to each other?