• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Welsh Province of New Rhodesia - Trixie Winning CJ

Started by 6underground, August 15, 2008, 09:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6underground

The Province of New Rhodesia, is a CJ that was founded in November 2004. After 958 comments and 28409 views on Simtropolis, I thought it was time to join the SC4 ranks. New Rhodesia has won 2 trixies, 3 golds and 2 silvers from SC4 sites across the world. I thank all those that took their free time to vote for it.

***Note***

Some images of this CJ may not show up if you are using Internet Explorer, as they do not display .png's correctly at all.

Additional Data:
New Rhodesia Wiki | New Rhodesia International Airport | New Rhodesia Airways |

"Amazing" - Yoder7652 | "your citybuilding is outstanding" - Sebes | | "Absolutely Fabulous" - M4346 | "Wonderful" - threeswept | "Excellent" - Kimcar | "A treat" - dedgren | "A great source of inspiration" - mbsimcity | "Very Impressive" - Paroch | "Mindblowing" - metasmurf | "Fantastic" - bat | "truly deserved the Trixie Awards" - Sheep49... So, why not visit?!

6underground

Update: Bute Palace, Museum Mile and Consulate Row (16th August 2008)

"Amazing" - Yoder7652 | "your citybuilding is outstanding" - Sebes | | "Absolutely Fabulous" - M4346 | "Wonderful" - threeswept | "Excellent" - Kimcar | "A treat" - dedgren | "A great source of inspiration" - mbsimcity | "Very Impressive" - Paroch | "Mindblowing" - metasmurf | "Fantastic" - bat | "truly deserved the Trixie Awards" - Sheep49... So, why not visit?!

Yoder7652

Very nice....I'm glad to see NR have a presence at SC4Devotion! Your new work has been amazing.

Simpson

You make a good work  :thumbsup: your city is looking very good  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

callagrafx

Croeso i SC4Devotion!

I think that's right, my Welsh is non-existent, despite living here for years

Whatever happened to the BATs of the Millennium Stadium and City Hall you did for the Cardiff re-creation?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

sebes

Oh - I am so happy to see your work now also displayed here. The quality if your citybuilding is outstanding. And so are the looks of the royal princes  ;)

Looking forward to more - MUCH more !

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Great start there of the sc4d-version of New Rhodesia!

And you have there a wonderful looking region, too! The maps are looking nice.
Also wonderful first (sc4devotion-) update here... ;)

threeswept

Ah...what to say, but always a wonderful place to visit... &kiss

kimcar

&apls &apls &aplsGreat to see your excellent work again . Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

dedgren

What a treat to see New Rhodesia available here as well as at ST.

Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

mbsimcity

Always a great source of inspiration for Regal cities.

SC4 - Large Airport Builder project

paroch

Very impressive. &apls &apls &apls

It's all put together so very well.  The region view is a delight and the maps you create just add to the overall feel of the city.  Welcome to SC4D.

6underground

Dylan Thomas Botanical Gardens - Western Bute

Named after the world famous Welsh poet, the Dylan Thomas Botanical Gardens is a feast for the senses, with a beautiful array of flowers, trees and herbs to tantalise the senses of smell, sight and touch. It was one of the premier landmarks in New Rhodesia, primarily housed in gorgeous Victorian and Georgian architecture.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on that sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

- Dylan Thomas

Yoder: Thank you so much for your continued praise and consistent visits despite my inconsistent updates! lol

Simpson: Thanks for the positive comment, appreciated.

callagrafx: Hello Matey!! Thanks for the praise, and da iawn for the attempt at Welsh, the only bit you missed was "Croeso i'r SC4D", other than that superb, and thanks for trying tho! Shows you make the extra effort. :) The Millennium Stadium Project, was me and steve working together, he made most of it, I just made the B.T tower. Despite FINISHING the project, in terms of modelling, we couldn't for the life of us export it. Both of us kept getting a "code 6", when trying to export the LOD itself, let alone the model. That was a while ago however, and we've since upgraded our computers alot more. The 3d files are still around, just time. Which leads me to your next question which was Cardiff City hall, I just never got round to finishing it. Sadly, i'm sure you know as a BATter, you get so tempted with other projects, you put others on the "back burner", I have so many projects on the "back burner" it's incredible. Maybe one day :)

sebes: Thank you pal!! Diolch yn Fawr. yeah, those Princes aint half eye-candy ;). I'm glad to be here, responses at Simtrop are few and far between, seems everyone has come here now.

bat: I hope to correct a few mistakes, that my simtropolis version has, mainly the lack of pictures since the site that previously hosted them went under.

threeswept: Also comes in "awesome", "omfg", "pretty sweet" and "I need to leave, this place scares me" varieties! ;)

Yoman: Thankyou Yoman!

Kimcar: I recall your comments in my cj at Simtrop, welcome!!

dedgren: It's great to be here, very friendly! Do come back in again.

art: Thanks matey!

M: M!!! As always, thanks my love! ;p

mbsimcity: well if it inspires anything, it's a good thing! :)

Paroch: Yes, i am particularily pleased with the region view so far. Took 4 attempts to get "right", and so far its working out well for a "planned city". :)

sebes

The Botanical gardens are excellent - what a beauty.  The last picture . witht hat Wintergarden, is absolutely breathtaking.  :satisfied:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

art128

your mosaic is absoluty splendid &apls and the work on the LE for the Dylan Thomas Botanical Gardens is excellent to &apls

good work !!
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Hey 6underground :)
Your new update is wow very good  &apls
I love your garden there are so much détails it's so rélistic, I'm until forward to the next update

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Fantastic work on the Botanical Gardens there! They are looking beautiful!
Wonderful area!
Looking forward to the next update...