• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the7train

j-dub,
could you explain how you build the rhw 6 90 degree turn using the OWR?  Being that's the only way to get a RHW 6 turn, I'd really appreciate it! 

LE0

A sharp 90 degree turn on a freeway is very dangerous imo &mmm
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Kitsune

Quote from: LE0 on February 27, 2009, 05:45:03 AM
A 90 degree turn on a freeway is very dangerous imo &mmm

If Done Properly its not dangerous at all (wouldnt mind seeing something like this for the RHW 6C actually)

Its the most current image I know of, so just picture it with pavement and lane markings... :)
~ NAM Team Member

the7train

It wouldn't be sharp LEO (definitely not as sharp as Kitsune's picture), it would be a 45 degree turn, followed by some RHW 6 diagonal pieces, and then another 45 degree turn.  So with both 45s its a 90.  Currently, there is a 2x2 tile gap when trying to do this but j-dub has a work around with OWR that'd I'd like to learn how to use.
That would be nice for the RHW 6C Kitsune, but would take a lot of space up

Glazert

My guess is that the layout of the "90 degree" turn that Kitsune showed is to allow for a possible future junction.

Xyloxadoria

I went to the puzzle pieces and tried about 5 diffrent FSH IDs for the various RHW networks, but i cant seem to find which one of thoose are the deafult FSH that you would use to T21 something, becuse there are different variations of each defualt straight tile that all look the same. How do i know which FSH to use and change the last digit on? I think its one of the values that end with 100 but im not sure.

Kitsune

Quote from: Glazert on February 27, 2009, 02:07:07 PM
My guess is that the layout of the "90 degree" turn that Kitsune showed is to allow for a possible future junction.
Nope, its design for a speed of 110 km/h (68 mph), hence its also slightly banked I believe as people tend to speed in Calgary. Theres another one being built just like it on the other end of the highway as well.
~ NAM Team Member

j-dub

The 7 Train, I stink at explaining things. Maybe if I was not H.F. Autistic I could actually explain right here, but because I can't describe well, not even from multiple pictures alone, doing a video demonstration of this was the only way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/NrtTQ6-ZG9g

This only seems to work best with RHW-6.

Tarkus

Quote from: Xyloxadoria on February 27, 2009, 02:42:41 PM
I went to the puzzle pieces and tried about 5 diffrent FSH IDs for the various RHW networks, but i cant seem to find which one of thoose are the deafult FSH that you would use to T21 something, becuse there are different variations of each defualt straight tile that all look the same. How do i know which FSH to use and change the last digit on? I think its one of the values that end with 100 but im not sure.

Some of the extra ones are "darkened" versions for use on puzzle pieces.  The main RHW ground pieces are always in the 100-104 range on the last three digits.

-Alex

Erzei

Hey Tarkus! Thanks for the latest pathfix.

And i hope to use that euro mod soon!  :thumbsup:

Glazert

Thanks for telling be about that turn, Kitsune. The reason I thought that it might be for a future junction is the 90 degree turn at the end of the section of the M80 motorway to the north-east of Glasgow city centre:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?t=h&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF8&ll=55.898609,-4.144421&spn=0.012488,0.038624&z=15

That was left while they were working out the remaining route. When it is finished over the next couple of years the motorway will continue straight ahead, and the present stretch at 90 degrees will become a link road.

dogma555

Some areas of the NJ Turnpike near NYC interchanges have to be close to 24 lanes. 4-5 lanes for trucks.. 10 lanes right there. 3-4 lanes for cars, we're up to 18 lanes and if you include the 2-lane accel/decel ramps you are up to 22 lanes of traffic.

Also I just wanted to thank you guys and just say that you guys have done some absolutely fantastic work with this game. I never thought that I'd still be THRILLED to hear about new content for a game that came out in 2003.. but this "game" has definitely extended itself into a full blown hobby of mine.

My only question is if there is some sort of way to separate trucks and cars, again like the NJ turnpike where all cars are separated from trucks.. and on other highways in NJ like the GS Parkway, no trucks are even allowed. I would really be interested in separating cars/trucks and I've done the best I could to artificially create this effect, but its not perfect.. as I am just routing industrial areas to only have access to 1 of the 2 lanes of the expressway.

Blue Lightning

dogma555: That would only be possible through Transit Enabled lots. A puzzle piece or draggable network cannot differ between a car and a truck. A "car" path is for cars, trucks, tanks, etc.

Hope this helps,
Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Xyloxadoria

Im almost done adding barriers and lights to the other RHW networks.  Here is a pic so far:

I still need to add end barriers, and maybe some more lights to the other side of the 8 and 10.

Im using 4 tile spacing on all of them right now, with defualt maxis light props. If that looks too spaced out i could reduce the spacing some.

Oh and i need to remove that lightpole on the 6C.

rushman5

xylo, could we have the barriers show up the same way grass textures do: only when another lot is placed next to it?  That would let everyone who doesn't want them in rural areas to not have them. 

I think that 4 tile spacing is absolutely perfect, and the lights are just the right size for the highways.

-sean

Haljackey

Quote from: rushman5 on February 28, 2009, 01:48:14 PM
xylo, could we have the barriers show up the same way grass textures do: only when another lot is placed next to it? 

That would delete its entire purpose.  Xylo is putting barriers on them so we can have a RHW-6C styled barrier on other RHWs that do not have a 1 tile+ median. 

I hope this makes sense to you! 

Best,
-Haljackey

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

deathtopumpkins

Xylox, I think the spacing's too far apart. Look at it at night so you can see the lightcones, you'll see that there would be large gaps between lights. I'd go with every other tile like on the Maxis roads.
And both barriers and lights at the same time is possible, right?
Also, I want the barriers always there. Around here any time there are more than 2 lanes together, there's a barrier in the median. rushman5, if people don't want the barriers then, umm, they should maybe not download them&mmm
Oh and xylox, are you going to do each network in a separate dat? So we can, for example, remove the RHW-4 one?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Xyloxadoria

DTP: Yes both barriers and lights at the same time is possible. (It needs some extra editing so i haven't finished it yet) When i finsh there will be three versions you can download:

-Just Lights
-Just Barriers
-Lights and Barriers

I should be done soon, and ill open a beta test thread or something when i am.

girlfromverona

Good job, Xyloxadoria! I will definitely be using these.  :thumbsup: