• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korot

From that I conclude that these overpasses haven't been made, yet. As for El-RHW 6,8 or 10: I don't know if they're going to be made, but, as all of these are 2 tiled networks, and only 2 of them have the capacity of 2 RHW-4's, you could just use 2 RHW-4 side by side.

Tarkus

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on May 31, 2009, 12:45:11 PM
Could we have working El RHW over RHW? My network underneath converts to RHW 2 when it passes over. Even if it is only a puzzle piece for he overpass could we still have one?

If you're talking about Orthogonal ERHW-over-RHW, it should be fixed if you've got the March 2009 NAM and RHW 3.2.  If you're referring to any sort of diagonal combination, those haven't been done yet.

That being said, I've considered making puzzle pieces for some of these overpass setups, though, as a "failsafe".

Quote from: CityMaster563 on May 31, 2009, 12:53:19 PM
every time I try to make an elevated RHW 4 over RHW 6 or wider, the highway below becomes 2 RHW 2s.
Also, I really could use Elevated RHW 6,8, and 10. Are there going to be Elevated RHW 6,8, and 10???  ()what()

ERHW-4 over Wider RHWs haven't been created yet.  As I've mentioned at least a few times in the past three pages of the thread, ERHW-6, 8 and 10 are planned, but it might be some time.

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on May 31, 2009, 09:40:05 AM
So, um, when are you going to be releasing these completed pieces?  :P I have some places I could really use them.

They'll be in the next RHW release.

And Maarten, thanks for pointing that glitch out . . . I'll get it fixed.

-Alex

KoV Liberty

Thats what I meant. I need ELRHW-4 over the wider networks.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

io_bg

You can use one-way roads instead of RHW 4 :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

mike3775

Quote from: io_bg on June 02, 2009, 04:15:18 AM
You can use one-way roads instead of RHW 4 :)

Whenever I do that, I always get improper pathing

io_bg

Don't worry, the paths are the same with other pieces of that kind One way over X. This "method" just saves space in the menus because there's no need for two pieces (one in one direction and another in the opposite direction).
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Blue Lightning

That is normal. It saves room in the RUL rings and also reduces the amount of work the user has to do. Traffic will flow.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

mike3775

Quote from: io_bg on June 02, 2009, 05:21:10 AM
Don't worry, the paths are the same with other pieces of that kind One way over X. This "method" just saves space in the menus because there's no need for two pieces (one in one direction and another in the opposite direction).

Quote from: Blue Lightning on June 02, 2009, 12:29:43 PM
That is normal. It saves room in the RUL rings and also reduces the amount of work the user has to do. Traffic will flow.

Thanks for the heads up.  Whenever I build anything involving the RHW, I always use the drawpaths cheat to make sure I did it correct, and always seeing that made me always just use tunnels when intersecting a wider RHW

bob56

Hi,

I keep getting these with diagonal RHW, is this going to be fixed in the next version?

Thanks!

btw sorry about the people, apparently there's a big event :)
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

RebaLynnTS

I have noticed that RHW digs pretty deeply into hills, can you have an optional version that has a bit more slope tolorance?
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Tarkus

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on June 02, 2009, 04:11:28 PM
I have noticed that RHW digs pretty deeply into hills, can you have an optional version that has a bit more slope tolorance?

The RHW mod itself actually doesn't modify the slope of the network in anyway. 

A long time ago, the mod did include a modified Network Tuning Parameters Exemplar, which was designed to speed up network draw before the end stubs had paths on them, but that was taken out in the Version 2.0 release in January 2008. 

Unless you've got a Slope Mod installed, it's going to be using the default Maxis settings from SimCity_1.dat, which are just like the default Maxis settings on other networks--extremely tolerant. 

If it's digging in, you've got a slope mod installed somewhere in your Plugins that modifies the RHW slope.  The best solution would be to experiment with other slope mods until you find one you like.

-Alex

wes.janson

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on June 02, 2009, 04:11:28 PM

Becca: You might want to try out Adam's (Ennedi) slope mods, which are available on the LEX.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

RebaLynnTS

I do have a slope mode (x2), but I think it was made before RHW. I never thought it might be the problem, thanks everyone.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

metalheadfromny

I cant get a screen shot of this, for whatever reason it's not working. However, sometimes when I place a diagonal exit on the RHW4 it digs an infinitely deep hole on one tile. The paths still work properly, it just looks really bad. Any input on this?

deathtopumpkins

It's a known problem. Just plop a road tile next to where you're going to place the ramp then bulldoze the road tile after.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metalheadfromny

debutterfly

So I got back from Europe like a week and a half ago and noticed the traffic lights in Germany, Austria, and Czech Republic signal like old U.S. Trafic lights when going from red to green. Anyway, Alex, I like how you've been up-to-date on bug fixes. Hope this doesn't sidetrack you from other projects.  ::)

-Larry (debutterfly)

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

dragonshardz

More likely than not. It's just a reskin of the ELRHW-4 support pillar models and a new starter piece.