• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nexis4Jersey

Its a shame my SC4 just died i'll have to wait till my Birthday..... :'(

j-dub

Nexis4Jersey: I hope your only talking about the game on disc, and not your machine, otherwise all hope is Not lost, in case the disc is not available at stores, or if your B-day is too far, just this summer, they now sell SC4D digitally, you don't even need the disc, you just need an account, an ez to remember password, not to mention a $ card or something to replace it. All you need to do then is move your plugins folder to wherever the new SC4 is installed on your machine. It still is 19.99 though, but that is with Deluxe, otherwise they still sell regular SC4 without the D at stores for 9.99 However not needing the disc, you could potentially play SC4 on a whole new computer, its just you have to worry about plugins, they come, they get made and potentially, they go. If I can remember the URL, I talked about this on another section of the forum, where you can find more detail.
(someone feel free to edit if I can't)

Best of all; NAM, RHW, NWM, they all still work!

TJ1

Will there ever be flexfly pieces for elevated RHW-4 and other future elevated RHW networks ? ;)

Kitsune

Quote from: j-dub on August 16, 2010, 05:06:25 PM
Nexis4Jersey: I hope your only talking about the game on disc, and not your machine, otherwise all hope is Not lost, in case the disc is not available at stores, or if your B-day is too far, just this summer, they now sell SC4D digitally, you don't even need the disc, you just need an account, an ez to remember password, not to mention a $ card or something to replace it. All you need to do then is move your plugins folder to wherever the new SC4 is installed on your machine. It still is 19.99 though, but that is with Deluxe, otherwise they still sell regular SC4 without the D at stores for 9.99 However not needing the disc, you could potentially play SC4 on a whole new computer, its just you have to worry about plugins, they come, they get made and potentially, they go. If I can remember the URL, I talked about this on another section of the forum, where you can find more detail.
(someone feel free to edit if I can't)

Best of all; NAM, RHW, NWM, they all still work!

ta da.... http://www.direct2drive.com/9665/product/Buy-SimCity-4-Deluxe-Edition-Download

About time too.
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Quote from: TJ1 on August 16, 2010, 05:10:45 PM
Will there ever be flexfly pieces for elevated RHW-4 and other future elevated RHW networks ? ;)

RHW-4 ones are planned to the best of my knowledge--Vince could probably give you a more definitive answer, though.  Wider ones are unknown--it's usually pretty rare to see a flyover wider than that from what I've seen.

Quote from: Kitsune on August 16, 2010, 05:54:32 PM
ta da.... http://www.direct2drive.com/9665/product/Buy-SimCity-4-Deluxe-Edition-Download

About time too.

It's on Steam as well.

-Alex

Blue Lightning

I've got RHW-4 planned for FLEXFly, in fact I was figuring out how I was going to chop things and decided to play with the models a bit:

But I have other things up my sleeve...
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

riponite

Nice.  I'll be looking forward to that.   :)

Rionescu

That looks great. I agree that wider fly-overs are probably unnecessary considering how rarely you could use it. In reality I only know of one 3-lane flyover, and driving on that was really weird because you don't encounter it terribly often. Regardless, I can't wait to see what else you gus come up with. Keep up the good work.

Highrise99

I'm just wondering: what was the "side by side" method in 2007?

travismking

back in the old days when you had to walk uphill both ways in 3 feet of snow to school, the RHW was much like the NWM and the dual tile networks are now. They could not be seperated easily. Is this what you mean?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Highrise99 on August 17, 2010, 04:49:08 AM
I'm just wondering: what was the "side by side" method in 2007?

Here's what I'm thinking, based on a lot of lurking:

Back then, RHW only went up to RHW-4 and there were no starter pieces for it and you had to draw TWO stretches of RHW-2 next to each other (Hence, side-by-side) to make it into RHW-4.

I believe that was version 0.13 or 0.12 or something...? Whatever it was, I found it in one of Haljackey's threads (Simcity 4 Archives), and was actually up for download (Look here -> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4575.msg163353#msg163353). A little side note: The (primitive) textures made it feel like slabs of burnt rubber... And that it took forever to cure... (Lag...)  :P

Quote from: travismking on August 17, 2010, 04:54:24 AM
[T]he RHW was much like the NWM and the dual tile networks are now. They could not be seperated easily.

Wait, what...? ()what()
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

samerton

I've encountered a problem with the RHW in one of my older cities. I started the city in November last year, and I built a RHW as the main transport system. It was RHW 3.0. When I now load the city, it is RHW 4.1, but my European RHW textures for 4.0/4.1 aren't showing completely as there are patches of both standard and the European ones. The textures work fine in my newer cities. The textures were fine, however, in RHW 4.0.
When I bulldoze all of the RHW and rebuild it completely, the textures are still dodgy - some pieces are the RHW standard, but others are the European textures. The game seems to remember that there was a stretch of the RHW with original textures there. Should I change the road to Maxis Highway? I wouldn't like to, but the city is going to be included in my MD..

Hope that made sense....

I will get screenies if you want them.

Edit : forgot to mention that I have deleted all of the RHW 4.0 files... and totally re-installed 4.1. I also uninstalled the May 2010 release of the NAM, and re-installed v29.

MandelSoft

Well, here are some things that cause the problems you're experiencing:

- The Draggable Ramp Interfaces (DRI) do not have Euro Textures yet. (Have to re-texture those)
- The Euro TRM for V3.0 is not compatible with the RHW 4.x series.
- The RHW-2 intersections and diagonals are still somewhat buggy and incomplete. (Have to rework those textures)
- Make sure the textures load AFTER the RHW Mod.
- Check if there are any duplicates or other conflicting plugins.
- If it still shows buggy, delete the Euro Texture Mod, because even the standard RHW textures look better than the Maxis Highway.

Maybe some screenies will be helpful.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

samerton

Sorry.. the screenies are quite big!Here are some screenies.

I have got the Euro TRM for 4.x... and all of the fixes you listed are already in place.

Here are some screenies.

There are lots of patches like that

When I drag the RHW, the preview is with the European textures.

This is when I actually release the mouse button and the RHW is built....

As I said before... the problem didn't occur with RHW 4.0, just 4.1.

Thanks

Blue Lightning

Well, if this helps any, it looks like the issue is with wealthing.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tarkus

Judging by how they're showing up, it almost looks like you have pieces of an old 3.x series RHW release sitting in there in addition to some old Euro textures.

-Alex

MandelSoft

Ah, I see the problem: you build RHW in the middle of Medium and High Density zones. I noticed that the Euro TRM doesn't seem to handle that well. Try to avoid this from happening by leaving room on either side of the RHW. This also leaves room for:
- Signage
- Lights
- Noise barriers
- Future expansions for your RHW

Jerommeke1701

Well, to add my $0.02 worth on the Flyover discussion:

I agree a three-lane flyover is rare: (especially in combination with all the other flyovers in this one)
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&ll=51.874663,4.570742&spn=0.00463,0.010697&t=k&z=17

But a two-lane flyover is much more common:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&t=k&&ll=52.062056,4.376024&spn=0.004611,0.010697&z=17
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&t=k&&ll=50.923036,7.061323&spn=0.004727,0.010697&z=17

So I am all for creating a 2-lane FlexFly (But realistically, it should probably have a wider radius)

MandelSoft

Hey, that's Knooppunt Ridderkerk-Noord at the first picture. A three-lane flyover is indeed uncommon. In fact, that flyover is probably even the widest in Europe!