• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

100000 - what a number to hit... who could have thought that  :thumbsup:

Congratulations David, quite an achievement, even if you seem to do as if MD'ing is as natural for you as breathing is for most of us!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Nice new picture there on the previous page!
And looking forward to that add-on set!

And again congrats on more than 100 000 views and on 209 pages! &apls

dedgren

We got back late last night from a couple of wi-fi free days at

I'll do a separate post with the best of the pics we took- that's pretty hard, because the scenery almost guarantees a good shot wherever you point your camera.

It was our first "away from campus" trip with Josh in the almost year he's been here.  Yesterday he had a good time being a cowboy.

I think he's got it pretty much down except for the hat part.  Anyway, more Glacier later.

As promised, I spent time playing around with Chris's (Chrisadams3997) fences on some of the custom textures created earlier this spring.  Here's some shots of that same oak-lined country lane incorporating some quick and dirty lots.

My plan with all this stuff is to bundle it up and offer it to Chris and the NUTS (Nobody Under Thirty Squad) first to see if there's any interest in releasing any of it as a set.  If there isn't, then I'll throw the textures open to everyone and you can do with them what you would.

We'll see if we can do another post or two before we're out of here and on the way back to Alaska on Saturday.

Take care.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

MandelSoft

I hope you and your family had a good time there  ;)! Nice rural pics, Dedgren.

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

deathtopumpkins

Nice fences! And I'm itching to get my hands on the textures between fields!
:thumbsup:
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Ryan B.

I'm glad y'all have had such a good time.  Safe travels back to Alaska!

Haljackey

I have seen some stunning photos from Glacier National park.  I've always wanted to go there.  I am glad to hear you had a great time! 

If you ever get a chance when you get back, I would love to see some more photos! 

Best,
-Haljackey

dedgren

My gosh, I'd forgotten about these...

Some thoughts on power/telephone poles later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

bat

That is looking really beautiful, David!

And the power/ telephone poles are looking wonderful, too!

Looking forward to more...

Andreas

I do recognize those rural power lines. ;)

As much as I adore your screenshots, I'm sad that one thing is missing: The incredible clear blue sky like the one you showed on the pic with the mountain. That's really something you rarely see in any developed area. Boy, I do envy you for those wonderful starry nights out there...
Andreas

deathtopumpkins

Are those power lines SFBT? Anybody have a link?
Do they replace the game defaults?

They look great in 3RR, David.

EDITHey, my friend, I knew I shouldn't have held off 'til later.  Thanks for the kind words.  SFBT's Spocky created the power/telephone pole set a couple of years ago and Andreas uploaded them to the STEX here [linkie].  Not to let any cats out of the bag, but I have some very specific suggestions as to enhancing them- they do look good, though, as is, and are an essential piece of "scenic furniture" in rural North America. -DE

OP EDIT: Thanks for the link David. I'm sure you have suggestions for improving them. Is there anything you don't?  ;) :D -DTP

Chrisadams3997

All looks great David.  I really do like those dirt shoulders for the fields.  Of course the way my mind works is to ask next about diagonals for them ;).  You could make such a texture as an overlay, then you'd need separate lots for each field texture unfortunately.  I'd showed a picture some time ago where I started to do this with just a dirt texture(plus curves), but it's the same idea.

I've already got some of the infrastructure(lot icon setups/alpha maps/etc.), and could make the textures if you or someone else could do lots.  If you're interested I can pull out my old notes on it and we can discuss it further.

Chris

deathtopumpkins

Hey David! You alive up there?

3 days with nothing...  :shocked2:

Chris: Nice!... Those curved textures are sorely needed.

newsimaddict

if one was to add chris' curved fence to the curved field texture, it would be truly throwing gridwork out the window! great stuff. looking to see how this artwork develops.

Ryan B.

I can only echo what's been said in here.  Chrisadams' stuff is just great.  I'm looking forward to finding uses for it in my MD.

Also, David - I hope y'all are well, and that you had a safe trip back to Alaska.

thundercrack83

Power lines--boy, David, you do think of everything--I mean everything! And that's a good thing!

Oh, and Chris, those dirt-curve shoulders look fantastic, too! I'd love to see them on the same angle as the FAR pieces...

Dustin

bat

Yes, that looks really nice there, Chris! ;) :thumbsup:

And looking forward to more, David... ;)

pilotdaryl

Happy anniversary and congratulations on 100,000 views!  Those in-between field lots look just awesome!  Gimme some! ;D

Pat

David looking real good around here and I can't wait to see what you do next!!!  It certianly seems you had a blast with Heather and the Boys, aint it great to get unplugged for a few days and enjoy nature... Catch you soon - pat

103627 (btw welcome to page 210)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Looks like you folks have everything under control here.

Later (today?).

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...