• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

So, while it's my understanding that Thanksgiving [linkie] is pretty much a North American tradition (and north of the Rio Grande [linkie] at that)

Happy Thanksgiving to all, wherever you are!  My killjoy Canadian daughter Stephanie tells me I'm only about a month late [linkie] in saying that.

We will be out with friends during the day today and then cabining tonight through Sunday.  I have a "status of stuff" post in the works for tonight and a bunch of projects that should be able to be brought to completion as we relax over the long weekend.  In other words, lots of 3RR ahead, thanks for your continued interest.

There've been lots of nice comments and PMs about my decision to move on from the administrator position here.  It had been a great (just short of) two years, and I know that the site remains in very, very capable hands.  I'll continue to be an advisor to jeronij and the staff, which is why I still show up as an admin in the staff list.  My undivided attention, though, can now be given to 3RR, and to the great things that are soon to come.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

rooker1

I'm going to say, Congrats on your change in positions.  If anyone deserves a break it's you.  Now maybe the rust can sleep, at least for some short periods here and there.

Robin  :)
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Hey now speaking of the rust situation I got something that might look a little intresting here

So yes a litte WD 40 or in this case some good rest this weekend David is well needed!!! Have a Happy ThanksGiving my Alaskin Friend!!!!

EDITYeah, Pat, but is winding up with Dick Nixon [linkie] on your tractor worth getting rid of a little rust? -DE

OP EDIT:  LoL David you got me there I didnt even realize when I was hunting for a pic of a tractor that matched the tractor that was rusted that Mr Nixon was sitting there whoopsie hehehehe.... OK no matter how much WD 40 would cure that man lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, David!

Enjoy the holiday, my friend!

Dustin

metarvo

Happy Thanksgiving, David.  I hope you and your family have a good one, with plenty to eat.  Keep up the good work. :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Darmok

Happy Thanksgiving David, relax and take care of yourself this coming weekend.
I'm pretty sure that you wont have frozen turkey on the weekend, unless that is, if you leave your plate on the patio!  ;)

As for your killjoy (so you say, and then I really don't believe you...) daughter, I concur with her on the fact that you are a month or so, late hehehe...
I have to defend my fellow canadian from her "sasquatch" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot (linkie)" from the north of a father (this being said with all the respect I have for you my friend...)

So, to sum it up:
1. relax
2. eat turkey
3. have a great time
4. call your daughter and tell her she's right
5. come back to us rested and ready to rumble.

bye for now

-John
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

wes.janson

First off, thank you for the birthday wishes. Though belated, they were nonetheless very much appreciated.

I shall return the sentiment and wish you a Happy Thanksgiving (Though I must concur with your daughter that Thanksgiving was, in fact, last month). We may have funny colour money here in Canada, but Europeans hit our shores first. (WE WIN!)

But, in all seriousness, I wish you and yours a happy holiday.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

threestooges

A month ago or today, either way Happy Thanksgiving David. I hope it was a relaxing time for all involved and that the food was exceptional and plentiful. I'm going to wrap up the bridges tomorrow if all goes well. Talk to you later.
-Matt

dedgren

How about rural roads with a gravel shoulder and dashed lines?

This may be Wide Curves/FAR II you're looking at here.

Isn't that what a road through the countryside is supposed to look like?

Here it is next to a "game" road.

These won't come with those darn sidewalks when you plop a rural lot next to them- like a farm.  Who ever heard of a sidewalk in front of a farm?

These are concept stage- but I'm thinking really hard about them.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

callagrafx

Don't forget to add in the roadkill.... :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

FrankU

Looks good David, but how on this planet do you think to implement all your projects?

No, I hardly ever see sidewalks along farm entrances. Just in very rare occasions, but then it is definitely not the same sidewalk that I see in my city centre.

I am, like a lot of friends around here, eager to use the fabulous stuff that you show us on 3RR. But when you start a new project before the former has ended, I fear that nothing will leave the test stage and that we, simple users of the game, will stay with the Maxis railways and roads.... (and fences...)

This was not meant as a negative criticism.... Sorry if you read it that way.

You have a great talent of inventing new stuff. Everything is great. But somehow it would be nice to make it useable in game, and I fear that that part of the projects is left behind. Hopefully I am not correct.
And another thing: if I had time to help you I would do it, but my hours for SC4 are really scarce and if I want to play the actual game, there is no time left to do a part of the finishing instead of asking for it. I am really sorry.

Darmok

Now you're touching a sore spot!  ;)

Yep, this is definitely a step in the right direction, although it's in beta stage and I know that you'll improve it a lot before completion, may I suggest a more "brownish" going on tan color for the shoulder. This grey, while true to the 0.3/4" gravel color looks a lot like cement and have a "linear" look that still reminds of sidewalks. Perhaps a more "dirty" and "earthy" color would blend better with the rural environment and even if linear would look more "random" and less "structured" if you get my drift... (sometimes I really don't find the good words.... ask my wife!  ::) )
Is this Chris flora near the shoulder or do you plan to have those brown weeds come automatically with the road itself?

Anyhow, I know you know how much this particular project pleases me!  Not enough superlatives in the dictionary to express my joy.

Again have a great weekend and relax!

-John
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

JoeST

that is seriously ace, is it SAM-like? and what about the puzzle pieces, would it be possible to make them be over-ridden or something?
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

metarvo

It's good to see that you've decided to come back to 3RR, David.  I was genuinely worried for a little while.  I do admit that seeing this new road style has helped me to feel better about things, though.  If there is ever a set of different road styles, what will it be called?  RAM was already used up (Railroad Addon Mod).  So, what else is left?  The ROAM (Road Addon Mod)?  Wide Curves/FAR II describes it, but I hope it's not the end of Wide Curves/FAR I.  Anyway, this is amazing, David, but that is really no surprise.  This is 3RR, after all.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

deathtopumpkins

Well David, how on earth did you do that?  ()what()

That is amazing.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Pat

David simply amazing!!! I agree with Lee now we just got to have some road kill and the whole country feel will be completed hehehehee

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

wes.janson

FAR/FARR/STR and now rural roads!

I am sure glad my mother taught me patience because these teasers are driving me slightly crazy.

You continue to blow my mind on a regular basis.

Keep up the good work  &apls

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Geronimo

Weee! Amazing stuff, those roads are smashing!

Cant wait to see more of your stunning creations, its so fascinating!  :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work!    :)

pvarcoe

That gravel shoulder road is exactly what is found in most of rural Canada.
I would agree with John that the gravel might be a little browner.

CaptCity

Beautiful... amazing...

Watching David work is sooooo nostalgic. Now, what about potholes and cracks in the asphalt (OK... I'm just being picky  ;) ) Makes me wish there was a game game without all the 'citified' stuff that just uses David's creations. Can't wait to see more...  :thumbsup: