• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Finally , I'm less stupid than I thought ...  $%Grinno$% at the first try , following Jeroni's tutorial http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=185.0,  my first Mayor Mod ploppable item is working fine !!! I've just now to learn how to create a custom icon ...  ::)

Thanks for the link Bernhard  , I'm visiting threads at simforun.de quite often , but I didn't know that one . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Silur

Jeronij give us some models of transparent water and some Effects - we can create all ...

vester

Quote from: Badsim on January 13, 2011, 08:15:26 AM
I've just now to learn how to create a custom icon ...  ::)

Cédric do you use PhotoShop ? I can send you a template for icons.

Yan077

Les gorges de la Sioule... an unknown place for me, it reminds me a bit of "Les gorges de l'Ardeche"  :thumbsup:

Stunning work my friend, your riverbeds are just perfect ! Thanks for the compliment, but you know Antigone still makes me dream as much &apls  &apls &apls

And what an interesting project ! This mayor mod would be a great improvment for the community and reality of the game !

Yann :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Once again, you have created a beautiful scene like nothing we've seen before. Truly you are a leader, Cédric, a pacesetter when it comes to using the elements we all have access to in unique ways.

Joan

noahclem

Wow, that looks amazing!!  &apls   You're right that new photo-realistic ploppable water, similar to the cal-canals is needed. I agree that Jeronij's has the best look at the moment but it is much more difficult get the desired results from shorelines. Hopefully someone takes this and runs with it!

Girafe

Nothig better for time  &mmm

green:

blue:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Orange_o_

I am sorry cédric but your ground is flat, you should try my river :)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

VeTram

....Cédric....i was happy to read that we had the same concerns lately....just take a look here....http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=12309.0......
...i continue reading Antigone from the first page ....i'm about in page12 now....it's not so easy to pass into the next page ,you know....

Please call me also with my name ( Antoni ) as i already done.. ;)
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

marsh

Very nice work Badsim! That valley is really amazing. One thing, For the water you are working on, you should edit the textures to make them seamless, so theres not any tiling where you can clearly see the edges.

Girrafe: Your water looks nice, however I would make the green water a bit more green. They look very similar right now.

,marsh  :thumbsup:

kelis

Wow my friend again you did a good work ! I like so much this rural ambient in your cities.

Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Badsim

Thank you all for your interest  :thumbsup: , it seems that finally several new types of water are in the pipes and will be released , so , sooner or later , available on your own tap . ;D

Arne , yes I'm using PhotoShop (CS2) and I'm rather used to canvas , duplicate , place and so on but I would be very pleased you send me your icon template  . Thank you ! :thumbsup:

Joan , thank you for these kind words . Indeed , that's like a reflex for me when I'm uploading something to install it first in a virgin plugin folder to study it with LotEditor . So I can see (and write down on a note book ) all what I find inspriring like props , textures , overlays ... isn't it the only way to not be overwhelmed ?  ::)

Antoni , I'm following your posts and questions here & there , I can't help you about people props as I consider Maxis'ones like definately the best ones and so everything else just looks like petrified scarecrows , in my opinion ... Maxis' people props are even the last original material you'll find in my pictures !  ::)

,marsh , I could edit these textures indeed , but it was just a experiment as I don't consider that a set of Lots is the most proper way to « build » rivers  and streams . I'm sure that you gonna be very interested by that update ... ;D

**************************************************************************************

Time to show my current experiment with David's Rapid River Kit :

I was rather septical when I received these props alone ... untill David sent me the .Dat file of them all modded as Mayor Mod ploppaples . The process of plopping is rather touchy ; you should plop them at the interesection of 4 tiles ... Let me say right now that I didn't  follow that rule and have used there my instinct instead of . It can be seen at the closer views ; some tiling borders and superimpositions but I  love the overall , and David , I really would like you to release that Kit . ( The menu icon is the same that your ploppable Aubrac' stones , but I think you know that ... ) . Great work once more David . &apls &apls &apls

Antoine  ;D I would be glad to test your(s) water(s) inspired by Cal's one :

In fact I'm feeling a great potentiality in that one  , but I would like to judge by myself as I'm distracted by what you've plopped around . Moreover , what we plop around and how we  plop it are determinant factors too ... ::)

I have to say that I have a lot of fun with this work , playing with lanscaping tools, terraforming , meandering roads ( roads curves would be better but I prefer the texture of the SAM I'm using ) and tunnels ... No doubt that I'm going to enlarge that scene from it as starting point . ;D

Thanks for your visit . ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Orange_o_

Cédric,
I am delighted that you have to change of apriori on my river. As I said it to you it was never finished because of the problem of waterfalls. 45 ° tiles, better plop mod , as well as details as icones are also missing.

The fact that the use of this set pleases you is encouraging and allows me to envisage its development.  ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

bat

These views of that river are looking really realistiv!
Beautiful shots of your really fantastic work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more... ;)

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

vester

Better stop going to visit this threat.

Keep loosing my breath.

Breathtaking!!!

Connor

Wow, just wow  :o

The river (and the whole area around it) looks fanatastic. Great work as always  :thumbsup:

VeTram

Cédric,....wonderful work as always!.. &apls &apls

-It's nice to read that you are following my various posts (questions , in fact) and thank you for your advice to use mostly Maxis people's props. Your opinion is very important to me..

-I would like to comment a little about your latest work here , but i have one eye in the past ( your past posts) and one eye for the present in your same thread Antigone.. So , there is something i would like to ask you here....would you mind if sometimes ask you for any subject from the past of your thread?.or perhaps make any comment?.... Perhaps that would be a background into the past...not a bad idea?....Actually i found your thread in Simphoni Forums "VirtualEden" and started reading also and if you dont mind i would like to start asking.....i really hope it doesnt get you tired to return for a little in the past....if not it's ok if you dont answer

-So....you wrote in the early beginning of your thread in VirtualEden.....
Quoteso I've used BarbyW mega-lots (totally re-worked) in different sizes(10x10,6x6, 5x10, 6x5 ,ect) to zone them with Ctrl key exactly where I want them grow... If you don't know them , they are named "Quartier Alex " , "Quartier Touraine" "Place des Alpes" . To add variety I use Xannepan and Porkissimo 's Buildings as props , [b]but there are hard to mix because they are not exactly the same scale [/b] . I must prevent ; to do that you'll need ....time and tenacity!

...well as i am also trying to follow Barbyw's MEGA-Lots method , can you please write me what do you exactly mean by writting the underlined words above?...

ok another one , just found for the favour of time....you wrote..
QuoteIt's a that occasion I've learnt an important rule about LotEditor : you can save no more than 250 objects per Lot .... and each Base textures and Overlays are objects as props.
.....are you still sure?....and if yes what about that link?..http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6862.0....which is the truth?

...too many wonderful , fantastic realistic pics are there , but what a pity...some of them missing...... ()sad()

...nice to read we are both  mediterranneans.. Thanks so much for being with us....Antonis
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

noahclem

That looks amazing!!  &apls Great potential in these!

somehow the more I visit this threat the more I feel the need to switch to a girafe train set...

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....