• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

@Dino007, bear with me, since I did not want to leave you with nothing, it looks like your using Jeronji's retexture? There are a few things here; if you want to really get rid of the red brick texture, the fastest way is to pull that whole mod out, but you default back to Maxis. Another option is much more advanced, but is possible by adjusting the dat file of that mod in ireader and replace the red brick texture with something else. I would of explained this more, but I have not looked into that particular mod. I don't remember how that mod installs, and if the red brick can be omited upon installing. I am pretty sure the red brick texture is in the same dat file as the other wealth textures. Aside from that, IDK what to tell you.

Augmentationist

Quote from: Tarkus on August 30, 2011, 07:47:33 PM
-Does the RHW-6S Neighbor Connector work?

RHW-6S doesn't work either, I can't help but to think that i'm missing something super obvious that I should already know.

Quote from: Tarkus on August 30, 2011, 07:47:33 PM
Otherwise, I'd continue using workarounds and just wait for RHW Version 5.0 to come out, then try again after that.

What are some of the workarounds for this problem, using the Maxis freeways?

sepen77

Not a problem really but more of like a question/request.

For certain FAR there is draggable capability. Were these meant to be included? Or are they bugs? Because if I lay 2 roads like this:
RRR
RRRR
Then drag from the bottom one, I get a FAR -> Orthogonal road.
Similarly with 3 roads:
RR
RRR
RRR
Then drag from the bottom one and I get a FAR -> Orthogonal Long curve.
This works for many instances, infact it even works with rail! The only problem is it cant drag a normal 3x2 FAR. Normal FARail can be draggable but not normal FAR. And none of the FARHW are draggable.

So my question/request then will be: Are these meant to be included or are they just bugs? And if they are meant to be included, will more draggable FAR be introduced into version 30 of the NAM? And if this is a meant feature, will it be included in the readme of NAM 30?

~ Sepen77

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: sepen77 on September 03, 2011, 03:47:35 PM
So my question/request then will be: Are these meant to be included or are they just bugs? And if they are meant to be included, will more draggable FAR be introduced into version 30 of the NAM? And if this is a meant feature, will it be included in the readme of NAM 30?

These are actual features, but the draggable FA Road has been removed (probably as early as NAM 29) since they cause problems with certain TE-lots (The ferry terminals are the biggies).

As of the draggable RAM items,... http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10864.0 "$Deal"$

Also, see what happens when you click on a stretch of road using Elevated Rail. ::)

EDIT: Additionally, the only network that should have draggable FA pieces is Rail. None of the FARHW items have this feature due to possible RUL conflicts.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

sepen77

~ Sepen77

Swordmaster

Hi folks, I hope I'm in the right thread here. It's not really a problem, just a question. I was wondering whether I'm just blind or is this kind of puzzle piece just not there yet? I mean the one to connect a road/street perpendicular to a tram-in-avenue T-intersection (see red circle).

I've been going through the puzzle pieces a couple of times and can't seem to find it.

Dexter

Actually I was wondering, would it be possible to move the EL rail tool so it's located with all the GLR buttons?  At the moment, the EL rail is at the top of the transit menu, whilst the GLR related ones are somewhere in the middle, making it quite annoying to build draggable GLR.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

j-dub

While it would be better if someone could mod the El-rail icon and Tram/GLR icons all next to each other, instead of such a long gap; at the moment Dex, your stuck using the 2 finger salute, Control-T for Elevated Rail, instead of going into the icon menu, navigating station after station of misc transit. As for high-elevated rail, thats even more the reason they should be modded closer together.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Dexter on September 07, 2011, 03:23:15 PM
Actually I was wondering, would it be possible to move the EL rail tool so it's located with all the GLR buttons?  At the moment, the EL rail is at the top of the transit menu, whilst the GLR related ones are somewhere in the middle, making it quite annoying to build draggable GLR.

Or just follow what j-dub said: CTRL-T. Much faster that way.

Quote from: Swordmaster on September 07, 2011, 03:14:50 PM
I was wondering whether I'm just blind or is this kind of puzzle piece just not there yet?

That piece doesn't exist.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Swordmaster

Dexter

TBH I never really thought of using the keyboard shortcuts for the EL rail, will have to remember that for the future!
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

j-dub

Hope others remember that too! Its great they eventually sold SC4 as a STEAM download, but the only disadvantage is not getting the free brochure that rests in your hand, with all the commands, and other advice.

shinkansen1

I have run into a snag with installing new bridges. I have asked around another site, but was directed here after no solution could be found.

After several attempts to install Choco's Elevated Rail, Monorail, and HSR bridge packs and replacing the bridge plugin controller dat file with the newest version I could find, the bridges still do not appear in the selection menu.

Everything has been installed as followed by the instructions. All of the bridge files are installed in the "additional bridges" sub folder in the main NAM folder, and the bridge plugin controller has been replaced with one that I have recently installed from the latest version of the NAM essentials I could find.

To make sure this didn't happen with all bridges, I tried installing the old road bridge the same way I did with the others, and found that it had installed correctly. Does this mean that Choco's rail bridges require a special procedure to have them correctly installed?

Tarkus

If they're not showing up, it's quite possible you may have an outdated Bridge Controller file laying around.  If you're using any of fukuda's bridges off the STEX, they include a Bridge Controller file from 2006 that will prevent any bridges made since then from working. 

-Alex

shinkansen1

Then is it required that all of his bridge files are deleted? From him I have installed the Akashi Kaikyo, steel arch rail, and metal pylon rail bridges.

Are the same bridges from the LEX any safer to use?

Tarkus

Quote from: shinkansen1 on September 10, 2011, 01:41:45 PM
Then is it required that all of his bridge files are deleted? From him I have installed the Akashi Kaikyo, steel arch rail, and metal pylon rail bridges.

Are the same bridges from the LEX any safer to use?

If you downloaded the versions from the STEX, then yes, delete them, and download the versions off the LEX.  The versions on the LEX were uploaded after the unified NAM Bridge Controller package was introduced in June 2007, and as such, they don't include their own conflicting Bridge Controller file and play nice with the NAM and newer bridges.

-Alex

shinkansen1

Well, I have replaced all of the DAT files that came with Fukuda's bridges with the ones from the LEX, but the bridges still do not appear in the menu. Is there more that can be done? Are there other files that may have to be replaced?

IonCannon

First of all great work on the new version of the NAM, lots of lovely features alot of which I'm still looking through, however I seem to have run across an issue.

Several of my cities use roundabouts extensively, and at times I had up to 25k vehicles going through one roundabout, however after installing the new NAM this number has decreased significantly, so that the car traffic in one city plunged from 160k>100k. This has resulted in widespread abandonment, sims that previously crossed a roundabout and over a bridge to get to jobs no longer do so.  I tried bulldozing the bridge, relaying the avenue, I even moved the jobs a bit closer but still they stayed at home instead of getting jobs, some traffic was still using the roundabout - about 3k, but this was down from 23k. I noticed a similar situation on all my roundabouts, I also replopped all the roundabouts and had the exact same issue.

I wondered first if it was my custom controller, so I backed mine up and used the default one, it was even worse. I did find a solution, though traffic still wasn't as high as it was previously and it's more of a workaround. I bulldozed all the roundabouts and replaced them with intersections, the abandonments stopped and the traffic numbers returned to a somewhat more normal level, I also tested cities with no roundabouts or at least very few and this issue did not occur.

I read all the documentation but apart from making them all FLUP starting was anything else changed? I prefer most of the time if I can to use a roundabout, so this is very annoying.

Oh, I'm also using the LHD Uk option, if you need other information I'll be happy to supply it.

Thanks for your time :)

joshua43214

Try using the DrawPaths code in the cheat box and make sure your round a bouts go in the correct direction.

Kitsune

umm, I love the viaducts... but all of a sudden my euro textures dont work... are there an updated mod in the works?
~ NAM Team Member