• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK w2w Copenhagen Court House

Started by vester, November 12, 2008, 01:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Thank you, riiga.

Here is an update:

EDIT:

Done a mirrored version of it as well:

TheTeaCat

Now this in one classy looking BAT.  &apls

I really like this - the colours and the details are just superb :thumbsup:

The Blue one reminds me of some buildings in Ireland and I think you got the tone of it just right- looks amazing :D :D

You are certainly mking a nice collection here - I have got to get 'em all :D :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

CabraBuitre

Very nice!  I especially like the blue one!!

Check out Abelfarei!

vester

Thanks for your comments.

Been playing around with differents add:

Have been desaturating the blue a bit:

Hope you still like it.

Working a new one:

This time the front is more or less a copy of the real life house and the back, is inspired of what I can see from some aerial photos.
This house was build around 1729-32 after the great fire in 1728, that took out a third of the city.

Gilikov1994

Woow, finaly some good Scandinavian stuff :D.., realy like it :)
btw, 14th of June: Netherlands - Denmark  :thumbsup:

Giel :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

manchou

My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

Ciuu96

What's up with this project? I just discovered this and it looks very, very nice!  :) &apls I could really use some more W2W:s and it's also nice to have some scandinavian stuff too! Waiting for this!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

vester

Have been working on a few other projecs: Eastgate Station / Østerport Station
and Freeport Station / Frihavnen Station

Haven't given up on it, but will make a few more buildings first.

simbourgeois

Wonderful buildings, indeed! It's so nice to see these buildings which will add a nice touch of Scandinavian architecture to our cities   ()stsfd()

Best regards,
Simbourgeois
Mayor of Belleville

vester

Started to bat some w2w building. This one is a bit bigger than what you have see so far:

For those how what to see some pictures of the RL building, you can use the words on the top to find some pictures.

Unfortunately I lost the better of two days work on it, when the computer desided to freeze an by tha corrupt the latest fine. 

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

turtle

Very nice recreation. It's lovely to see more new classicist styled buildings from Copenhagen. Can't wait to see it finished  &apls
By any chance, do you intend to recreate more of C.F. Hansen's buildings? I've always loved his buildings.
My name is Thomas...

vester

Have already done one: Christiansborg Slotskirke. Check my showcase, link in my sig.

Might do a few more. At least I borrow a couple of books about his works. (by Hakon Lund)

Any in particular you would like ?

kwakelaar

Some really lovely buildings there Arne, the Tinghus? is a gem, but your corner buildings looks great as well. Especially like the blue colour there.

turtle

Quote from: vester on September 21, 2010, 06:19:15 AM
Have already done one: Christiansborg Slotskirke. Check my showcase, link in my sig.

Might do a few more. At least I borrow a couple of books about his works. (by Hakon Lund)

Any in particular you would like ?

oh, that's embarrassing - I forgot about the church, though I actually have it.

If you want to continue on the same track, I'd like to see the church of Our Lady. Actually, I really like buildings in the area as well: the university, the law school, the old library etc. Alas, you're only one man ;)
My name is Thomas...

vester

Quote from: kwakelaar on September 21, 2010, 12:36:16 PM
the Tinghus?
Yes it's a Tinghus / Domhus / Courthouse: Copenhagen Court House

Turtle: He did Vor Frue Kirke and the old Metropolitanskolen at the back of the chuch (corner of Fiolstrædet and Store Kannikestræde).
He have also done the building between the chuch and Skindergade, towards Fiolstrædet.

Most of his works was builded in what now is Schleswig-Holstein, a lot in the city Altona.

Here is new rendering, this time of the alley on the left side:

marsh

Wow, the building looks very nice Vester!  &apls

,marsh :thumbsup:

vester

Thank you, marsh.

Walking a few steps further a long:

This house was housing holding cells. Now its housing for court rooms. Its called the Court House Annex.

Girafe

really good job &apls &apls

it couldbe a video game like assassin screed or whatever
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vester

Thanks Girafe.

An update:

Still no windows or doors in the inner-yards. A lot of corrections, here and there.

A lot of works on the annex to the left, especially at the back: