• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Joelyboy's Downunder Stuff - Air NZ Engineering Services

Started by joelyboy911, November 09, 2009, 10:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelyboy911

Thanks Nate. When you say stage 5, I actually don't know what the appropriate stage to set this at is. Does PIM-X assign that? If it means anything, I'm currently unable to use Lot Editor-X. I get some kind of error scripts... I need to ask wouanagaine about that...

Thanks for the important info. I'm sure you'll be among the first to know when I send my things in for scrutineering (to you perhaps?).
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

xxdita

PIMX will assign the Stage, according to the size of the lot.

Quote from: joelyboy911 on December 03, 2009, 10:48:18 PM
I'm sure you'll be among the first to know when I send my things in for scrutineering (to you perhaps?).
Looking forward to it.  ;)

Diggis

Joel,  Give the gmax file the name you want it to have ie JLY_ANZ_BANK.

When you render the model it will generat the SC4 File with that name.  Then let PIM-X assign all the information in the front.  I think it automatically adds the information to it for the exemplars. 

joelyboy911

Thats very clever, it is. I wish I could figure out why I'm getting error scripts on it though. I think that'll be tomorrow's concern...

Thanks.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

xxdita

I've also had problems running LE-X on my deskktop, due to an Intel graphics chip. Not sure if this is why you're having a problem, but Wou's trying to find a fix.

joelyboy911

Yeah, I do have an Intel as well. I may just try it on my brothers computer, since I've finished school, but he hasn't I could give it a go... Gotta love the longer summer holiday when you're in High School... Then again, his could be an intel as well, for all I know. Well, I hope a fix can be found. Until then, I'll always be stuck in the past...  :D
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

pilotdaryl

Wow, you never told me about doing automata mods $%Grinno$%
I have some experience in that, though I haven't done any automata modding in awhile... considering the models of planes you can do though, nice work :D
Also, since it appears LE-X has problems with Intel graphics... why not buy a better video card then? :P

joelyboy911

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Gilikov1994

woohoo! Man, this is great..
I very like the detail in the Hangar, what kind of plane is that in the Hangar? ( I guess an B777?)
nicely done Joel &apls
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

joelyboy911

@Gilikov, Thank you! Yes, the plane inside is a B777-200ER.

Now, the details. This building is based on (basically its a replica of) the Air New Zealand main large maintenance hangar at Auckland Airport. The building is used for servicing of Air New Zealand's fleet of long-haul widebody aircraft.

Here is a picture of the real life building.
Warning, high-res photo.

It is my intention to lot this as a ploppable industrial lot, though I'm not sure if it should come under Manufacturing or High-Tech. I also need some help/pointers on how to make it so that the model with the doors shut appears at night, and the one with the plane, during the day.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

dobdriver

Mmm.. I'd go with high tech, If wiltons widgets can be, so could boeings planes I reckon.

superhands

QuoteI also need some help/pointers on how to make it so that the model with the doors shut appears at night, and the one with the plane, during the day.

What is involved is two exports. -I think this is how it's done &Thk/(

export two different models making sure they have the same ID assignment. (maybe import/merge the night model so that it replaces the day one- so that max gives the same Id's)
so you should end up with two s3d model files.
copy one of these files preferably the day version.  (this will be the working file)
now what you want from the night file is the FSH files (Lods have to be the same between both n/d models)
copy the fshs' and replace the day version's night fshs'.

alternately maybe a prop set up could be of benefit so that you have closed/open at night or day.-no to sure on how you would go about that.

-Dave  

ecoba

Some lovely hangars you've created here, Joel. Hope that they can be released soon.

Ethan

joelyboy911

@Dobdriver, Yes, I agree, that should be fine.

@Dave, Thanks, I'll give that a go. I'll also lot an Eye-Candy version, using the doors closed model.

@Ethan, Yes, I think I can get them out very soon. I'm rendering it right now!

I've been thinking of how I'm going to lot this, and decided on ploppable I-HT. However, there is one problem. Industrial lots in-game produce an output of freight. I don't think that the Engineering Centre produces any goods that need to be shipped out, so for maximum realism in-game, I think I should make it (if possible) so that no freight is sent out of the lot. Also, I'll need some more opinions on what the filling degree would be for this building. It only has one floor for most of the building, and I imagine that the person-distribution is quite sparse.

Any thoughts are welcome.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

thingfishs

looks great Joel, excellent idea :thumbsup:

Couldn't you just make them both timed props, one for day one for night (with an inconsequential/invisible object as the building)

manchou

My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

joelyboy911

More SCAG/aerospace stuff from me, but still distinctly New Zealand themed. Following on from my last work shown here, I have a similar hangar on a smaller scale. Didn't want to start a new thread, so take a look:

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Aldini10

Those are some mighty fine hangars you got there. This is what you've been doing all these months? Well, you have created very awesome BATs, it's nice to see some development after some time, I would like to see some more screenies!

Thanks and have a great day. &hlp

joelyboy911

I haven't been doing this for the entire time  :D

Actually, I've been quite busy with school and life. I started this just the other night, in fact.

I'll get some more pictures to show off everything this lot can do. You see that the hangar, like my original ANZ Engineering Centre, closes up at night, and this time a plane appears outside the hangar. The plane inside the hangar and the one on the tarmac in front are both in families that contain Air New Zealand link BAe-146, ATR-72 and DHC-8-300.

I will soon have another project to show that I was working on a while ago as well. 
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Aldini10

Wow, you are very fast at creating hangars. It looks like you spent tons of time on it, but you are a master compared to me. I go to an academy now, so the staff expects every student to be extremely prepared.

Anywho, great to see you actively creative. Your next update sounds promising, but it is a shame I am not able to play the game until later.

Well done! :)