• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

dobdriver's maps

Started by dobdriver, November 16, 2009, 05:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobdriver

Hi, I'm dobdriver.

I don't often post a lot on forums, but recently I began to make maps for sc4 and upload them to the stex. Joel pm'd me enquiring as to whether I would consider joining the fledgling team which I might add, I duly jumped at.

I make real world maps and mostly they're of Aus and NZ but I'll look at at PNG and India as they're on our plate.

I've sort of started a series of big maps of Aus capitals beginning with Brisbane, but I'll expand this to include NZ and maybe Port Moresby. these really aren't for the faint hearted as they are and will be in the 80 to 100km range. get your fast puters going and thank god for wouanagaine's mapper.

take it easy
dobdriver

thingfishs

Looking forward to more. Your maps look excellent, if a little intimidating size wise! Love the idea of doing the capitals...

(btw what ARE you doing in your avatar?!? :))

adroman

Welcome aboard dob!

Can't wait to see your progress here!  :thumbsup:

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

joelyboy911

Good to see you posting here Dobdriver, and I very much look forward to seeing your maps here, and on the LEX :)
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

dobdriver

thanks gents

i gotta few ideas kicking around

things, thats a 20" telescope i built over a couple of years. the lazy susan type setup to move it around the sky is known as a dobsonian mount, hence my nick.

take it easy

dobdriver

G'day gang,

Well Melbourne is finally done!!!

and I got 2 extra freeby maps out of it, so I'll release them tomorrow probably

anyhow ttfn

take it easy
dobdriver

thingfishs

Looks great mate, top work with these. what does ttfn mean? (I've got a theory but I'll wait for you to say it)

Oh & congratulations on your first official TD release! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

adroman

I believe that ttfn means "ta ta for now"...  ;)

Excellent work here Dob, these are superb maps...

Phillip Island sounds like a nice place for a drive, doesn't it?  :P

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

dobdriver

G'Day again,

Thanks thingfishs, like the little banner, I thought I'd save it more for a biggish map. Seems like the rest of the world doesn't want to build on outback icons. Everyone wants to come to Australia and climb Ayers Rock, but when one can have it in one's own back yard, hmpt not interested, strange.

Ah things ttfn = ta ta for now. And glad you like the telescope, hmm and let me see ah yes I got me some plans and another big chunk of glass coming.....

Also back to a more serious note, well not really. anyhow I've released Phillip Is on the stex (1 of the freebies) and will release the other tomorrow.

So now I'll make a start on Wellington

take it easy
dobdriver

while I was typing you were posting :D

joelyboy911

Awesome, Wellington (presuming you mean Wellington, NZ) would be an awesome place to build a region. Lots of interesting terrain, some flat, lots of hills. I'd actually love to do a recreation of there someday...
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

dobdriver

G'Day just letting everyone and I mean everyone know that I've posted the Geelong piece on the stex.

Will it be Wellington next week? find out tomorrow, same bat time same bat channel

ttfn

take it easy

dobdriver

I think I'm allowed to dp here,

anyhow Wellington, Mt Augustus and Wollongong have been released.

Take it easy
dobdriver

blade2k5

These are some nice maps, great job on them and I have some questions that I sent you via PM. :thumbsup:  Again, nice work on these.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

joelyboy911

I think these maps are absolutely amazing. Maybe you should show some pictures here, and link to the STEX?

Great job!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

thingfishs

agreed that should put pictures and links here, I think that Wellington map is probably the single most impressive map I've seen, 10/10

dobdriver

Thanks Blade

I think as I get more used to producing these sorts of maps and with experience I will produce better maps. But I do enjoy making them and as there are not a lot of Australian maps around, there is a lot of Australia to map.

Joel and things,

Thanks gents for the the compliments, I will post some pics and links but probably not until next week. I'm sort of caught up trying to work through this stretching of the maps stuff.

take it easy
dobdriver

joelyboy911

Don't stress, do it when you want. Do it if you want.  :D
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

dobdriver

G'Day All and Sundry,

Just to let everyone who comes to visit this page know, the latest map Hunza Valley has been uploaded to the stex.

Check it out and my other maps at drunks maps

ttfn

take it easy
dobdriver

dobdriver

Happy New Year everyone.

also Broome is now posted on the stex.

ttfn

dobdriver

G'day today

Updated to say Alice Springs and Atherton are available on the Stex.

*edit* Oops, wrong way round

Streuth, I may as well be selling ice to the eskimos!

I might have to get out of maps and into bats, at least they're good sellers!