• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mana-sama

Hii
this aesthetic detail, I see that it only happens in the European texture, can it be reviewed? the functionality is fine, it is only optical

Tarkus

We're going to be redoing all of the C and F-type ramps once FLEX-based FARHW happens.  As such, the existing puzzle piece ones are effectively "dead feature walking", and any fixes to them would be low priority, unless actual functionality is broken. 

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Is that at L1? Neat. Also, L1 FTLs in development?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on January 25, 2022, 03:23:12 PM
Is that at L1? Neat. Also, L1 FTLs in development?

It is indeed L1, and the plan is to add at least enough of a stub of elevated FTLs in order to better connect interchange setups such as the SPUI.

-Alex

roadgeek

Quote from: Tarkus on January 17, 2022, 10:45:11 PMWe're going to be redoing all of the C and F-type ramps once FLEX-based FARHW happens.  As such, the existing puzzle piece ones are effectively "dead feature walking", and any fixes to them would be low priority, unless actual functionality is broken. 

-Alex
I get excited every time I see FARHW mentioned. I remember back when the first FARHW came out (NAM-30 I think), and how exciting it was to have realistic looking highways. As you can see, I utilized some of them in my Stack interchanges.

LucarioBoricua

Up next: orthogonal S-curves for the MIS!

roadgeek

So, just connect an L0, L1, L2, L3 or L4 MIS to a Flex S-Curve?

Gugu3

This stuff is very exciting! Been away a while...

Haljackey

Thought I may as well share a couple new creations that show off NAM 44 content for the RHW network.

1- tighter loop ramps. The 3x3 curve gives you this:

2- RHW-2 turn lanes on this 'almost trumpet' design:

Haljackey

I don't want to turn this into a 'show us your' thread, but I did want to showcase a new video that displays various new RHW components from the more recent versions. Took many months to create this.

roadgeek

Looks like some of the waterways are interfering with taking a straight path on one of your highways, Hal.

roadgeek

Wondering if NAM45 will have MIS basketweaves....or perhaps a Flex-basketweave.

Tarkus

Quote from: roadgeek on June 09, 2022, 09:16:50 PMWondering if NAM45 will have MIS basketweaves....or perhaps a Flex-basketweave.
The basketweave technically already is FLEX in its implementation (we haven't added a traditional puzzle piece since 2015), it's just that there's not really overrides built into it, aside from what's needed for the current default L0/L1 RHW-4 setup. 

Expansion of that functionality is planned, but I'm not sure when that will happen.  I'll note, NAM 45 technically hasn't even entered development yet, as we've been immersed in a large-scale file cleanup/bugfixing project.  A few members have done some preliminary things in the background, but I personally haven't made anything new since NAM 44's release, as I've been especially involved with the cleanup.  I do already have a very clear idea of what I will be doing for NAM 45, though.

-Alex

roadgeek

I am always glad to see more progress on this.

Ulisse Wolf

Network Addon Mod 46 - Double Deck Revamp (DDR)

Warning: the image shows a content under development. The final version may be different

AsimPika3172

Oh yeah! Double Decker highway improvement!!!  :bnn: I will waiting!  :popcorn:
Meanwhile, my country Malaysia will ready for double decker which almost completed!

Keep moving forward!  :thumbsup:
I loves Sim City forever!