• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problems with textures

Started by socomseal45, February 24, 2007, 09:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socomseal45

I am not sure that this is where it is supposed to go, but it is related to the LE.
I have made a Lot that uses the Palace of Fine Arts pond and has a lot of SG's props. When I plop it in the game, the texture seems to go through the pond. Anyone know the solution?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into 
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.

jeronij

A picture of the problem would help to understand it  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

geoffhaw

As Jeronij says, a picture would help.  However, have you tried adjusting the elevation of the prop on the lot?  Try the ctrl+up/down arrow to do this.  If the surface of the prop is at the same level as the ground texture it can cause graphics problems.  By raising the prop a fraction, these usually go away.

socomseal45

Raising it helped, but now the swimmers won't show, so I have to fix that.
(\__/)

jeronij

then raise the swimmers a bit...maybe  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Badsim

Hi ,

Just have had a look on Palace of Fine Art ... The original elevation of the pond props is 0.3 to avoid interference with ground textures
I advice you to raise your swimmers in the pond 0.2 more than the pond . If you keep the props named Effect_sparkle of purification ,( which gives water move & sun refraction on water illusion ) don't forget to raise them 0.2 more than the pond too . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

socomseal45

Now I have another problem. My swimmers and keep away kids only come out at night when the lights come on. In the day, the kids fighting in the water are the only ones in the day. Anyone know how I can fix this problem, because I really want all of them in the water at all times.
(\__/)

jeronij

It requires you to modify the animation prop exemplar, which definies the time of the day/night that the animation will show on  (ResourceKeyType4)  ::)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary