• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

thinking that commonly a 100 yard lead in to a junction on a busy main road, 5-6 tiles of double yellows would be adviseable... but thes UK, where country roads are windier and more often than not junctions are punctuated with old coaching houses or pubs at crossroads...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Ryan B.

Wow, David!  A nearly instantaneous return!  I have to say, it's awesome to have you back.

A signal assembly coming for that intersection later tonight.   ;)

Could you post the intersection texture & the RealRoads solid double centerline texture as well, please?  It helps me get signal spacing correct.  Thank you!

metarvo

This wouldn't be the first time that 3RR's drawn me out of hiding.  I go away for a few days, then I come back and see that our David has returned to us.  It looks like road construction season may be off to an early start this year.  I'm glad to see that you're doing better, David!  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

LordTaalik

Well, having read through all 462 pages of 3RR (though not all of 3RR-ST), I'm still searching for my eyeballs- they popped out of my head at around page 300.

I love the RealRoads- and just about every other project you've started here, but that's another matter. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.
&apls
-Jem (LordTaalik)

EDIT: Jem, welcome to the elite fraternity of 3RR Regulars- folks who have posted at least one time here at 3RR or over at 3RR-ST.  Thanks for reading the whole thing- I'll go back some day and count the posts by folks who have indicated that they have done that.  I'm sure there must be 20-25 over the years.  In any event, great to have you with us- good luck with the eye thing! -DE

dedgren

Incremental progress...

I finally "got" how to do RUL 10000002 overrides today, thanks to a really helpful follow-up PM from Jonathan.  I can now knock these out pretty quickly.

This is what's next.

I may have a texture and override set done within the next two weeks- I'm just going to spend a little time every day, but the RULing breakthrough was huge.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Hey! Congratulations on the RUL breakthrough, David! All you need is a gentle point in the right direction, and there's nothing you can't figure out, my friend!

Can't wait to see what's next!

Dustin

Connor

Nice progress there, everything looks great so far.   ;)

Danthe

I'm very happy seeing You again in good health :) Real Road look delightfully, I can not already wait for final effect. Foresee You some textures of sidewalk from kind of buildings near road?

Battlecat

Wow, this is seriously exciting stuff!

Haljackey

These remind me so much of the NAM turn lanes.  Two tiles before an intersection they generally appear, just like what you're doing here.  Keep it up David!  Its great to see you back!   :)

mightygoose

is that the double lines from the junction extending round the corner or merely double lines on tight radius corners?
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

It's great to see some new stuff here. Great work, David... :thumbsup:

j-dub

This is looking closer to the RHW texture. The curves at the intersections and the dashed lines make me think of that especially, however the texturing is not exactly the same, as the RHW has wider split double yellow lines through rural areas all together instead of dashed lines. This also has a realistic shoulder. What I can see around the bend in the future is, for draggable solid lines in the field, use RHW2, but for draggable dashed lines, use Real Roads. Otherwise your going to have to plop pieces down. My reasoning for saying this  is that both of these networks are going to have real close texture work, this is actually a good thing. The current RHW allows dashed lines through the less inhabited areas, but the Maxis roads have double yellow. For both networks, that is about to change though.

JoeST

its great to see you again david :) and wow at the stuff you brought back :o

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

mayorfabz

Oh my. Can't wait to play with these puppies  &hlp

ldvger

David-

Good to see you back and at play again once more.  Speaking from experience, don't stop being vigilant in watching your health...serious illness takes a while to completely recover from.  Just because you are feeling "back to normal" finally doesn't mean your body has repaired the damage the illness created.  Not trying to be a downer or the voice of gloom and doom, just a well meant reminder to protect yourself from relapse.

I like the new RealRoads and thier striping, but can't help but wonder why (if SC4 was a RL situation) why we need striping at all, given that 1.) Sim vehicles all travel at roughly the same speed and never pass each other and 2.) all Sim Vehicles are on auto-pilot all the time. 

Lora/LD

EDITBut ahhh, Lora... we can dream. -DE

dedgren

I never cared for the game curves...

Too sharp, poorly drawn, just not so great.

I like them better...

...after tonight.

Completely draggable, nothing to monkey with or plop.

I think we're on to something.

Not to step on these, but tomorrow night I think I'll have something to show you that will really blow you away.

We'll see.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

tooheys

First of all, great to see you back on your feet David  :)

And as for the roads, very nice indeed. There's a place in every rural quad for those  :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to what you will have for us tomorrow.

Take care

Dave

nekseb

Hi David, also from me the best wishes and I'm glad to read again from you!

I'm always amazed if I see, what do you conjure next out of your hat. Let's see what tomorrow will bring  &hlp

Take care
Robert
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

xxdita

Quote from: dedgren on January 21, 2010, 11:41:05 PMnothing to monkey with

Must've caught me lurking again.
Great to see you back at it David!