• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Well, I missed out on posting again, Cédric. I've been working long hours preparing for an upcoming event here, though.

This landscape is a perfectly stunning setting for Champclause. And you seem to carry on right through it with your exemplary flora-plopping skills. I'm a bit surprised to see you're getting such good results with the Maxis Lot Editor, but by now I guess it's easy for you to use. I'm surprised there's no PhotoShopping either. Is there anything you don't know about SC4!

Once again, my apologies for not posting. Just remember, when I don't it means I was occupied elsewhere, and you know by now I'm not one to make a non-detailed post. I would rather say nothing.

-Joan

canyonjumper

What camera are you using Cédric? :P Seriously though, amazing stuff here! You nearly knocked me out of my chair with some of the stuff you've been showing off ;D

Your friend,
                         Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Ol.S / Benoit

Very inspiring as always :)

Le gouffre est superbe, mais je dois rejoindre supremec sur le fait que ça manque d'une texture en HD pour le "rock mod" (zoom 6 surtout).
Sinon tout ces détails... Même le petit parking est parfait :) Et le fait qu'il n'y ai quasiment pas de retouche rend le tout encore plus incroyable.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Yan077

hmmm....  :-\

I delete my actual desktop for a new "Champclause" one... just perfect, only miss a dedication by the team....  :D

Yann  :thumbsup:

carlfatal

Like Robin said: no words! My eyes popped out, more i can´t say...  &apls &apls &apls
Greetz, Carl

Framly

Brilliant work, Cédric  :thumbsup:

Your "Champclause" looks so realistic and detailed - what a nice idea with the wind turbines :)

Keep it up! ;)

I am a little sad of the agricultural Props - they looks awesome :P

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

skyscraper

grandiose  :o :o The Best CJ i've ever seen! That's really amazing  "$Deal"$ "$Deal"$ "$Deal"$
sky's Sim City Venus - Project (Start: 2013)

Only on Sim City (2013)

Current Progress: Planning

Orange_o_

But where have you been looking for your wind this up??

Friends builders, before you embark on the construction of new BAT, first ask if Cedric does not exist!  :D

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Badsim

The world of MMPs is a lot more complex than I thought when I started to play with , a year ago ... and , have to say , a lot more promising than I thought too !  $%Grinno$%

Thanks to lowkee33's  Modding work (and Brian AKA C.P. who has been surely among the very firsts to work about Flora Modding ) , Orange_o_'s help and my own experiments , it appears that so far I've neglected the role of the 14 rep of the kSC4FloraParametersProperty ... they're interactive and if several ones are still mysterious to me , I've found how to set up several ones to get better results concerning the plopped items density ( such better result that that I can now drag an item with the physical fluidity of a paintbrush ! ) and no limits about  slope gradient  to plop them . Two major improvements !

First examples , about density ;

Last year , wanting to represent a scree with Orange_o_'s Pierres de l'Aubrac , the use of his MMP was totally unfit to do it , so I've had to create 2 LOTs ( one hour or two ...) to get that result :

Re-building his MMP with a new items stages order and kSC4FloraParametersProperties , it took me exactly 5 seconds to create this new scree ...

... can't believe it !  $%Grinno$%

Another example with my MJB LilacPurple version , used as Epilobium evrywhere at AntigOne :

That's now a true « Epilobium paintbrush » !

Well , the « perfect » 14 rep of the kSC4FloraParametersProperty to get such result are :

That's valid mostly for small flora or non flora items , trees obviously don't need to be planted so densely ...

Now , about the slope gradient limits , the 8th rep has to be set up like that ( 10000000.000000 = no limits ) :

Chrisadams'WeedsB having now this property :

If I had had these knowledge a few weeks ago , most of the MMPs from the VIP Rural Pack would have been reworked before their upload on the STEX ... I don't know if we'll upload an improved version like I'm working on currently for my own use , so I thought that I had to communicate here these informations to all the VIP RuralPack users and more generally all landscaping lovers with MMPs ...

At least those of you having basic Modding notions  can easily rework them themselves  , simply applying these new values with ILive Reader . And those having no basic Modding notions should take that occasion to start , instead of waiting for months some stuff that may never be released , like my personal version of Chrisadams'WeedsB , resized and then mixed with Vnaoned's winter ferns to finally get a new seasonal MMP .... and for Champclause , a fully seasonal flora : 

I've got now in my hands the most complete and adaptable seasonal flora of the entire SC4 community , no less , no more ...  ;D

But this work is far to be finished .  $%Grinno$%  Time to present you my personal Dead Trees MMP :

On that first picture you can see those I've selected and , most of the time, resized with SC4MT to get something coherent , notably with Pegasus'ones , Sorchin's ones and C.P. Burnt Lodgepoles ... and then I've built my own MMP as following :

First result with it , the reproduction of a scene we all know ; burnt areas along roads , due to a badly switched off cigarette thrown by a car window ...

Unfortunately it happens very often around me in my mediterranean & dry country ( and , as smoker myself , I take care of my cigarettes butts .)

Thanks for your comments , no individual replies that time but I read them all carefully as they keep my motivation alive for that endless work ...  :-[

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Orange_o_

Warning Cedric, when Plopper on steep slopes, a bug shadow may appear as shown on your image.

Be careful also to the propriety "oriente to slope" that can fundamentally change the look of your creation.  :P

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

skyscraper

absolut grandiose  :o

I love your pics with seasonal flora, thats amazing  :thumbsup:
sky's Sim City Venus - Project (Start: 2013)

Only on Sim City (2013)

Current Progress: Planning

FrankU

This is fantastic!

Is it posible that this information is being put into some kind of "How do I make an MMP" tutorial? It is stuff that I am not very familiar with.

Orange_o_

Quote from: FrankU on October 31, 2011, 06:01:18 AM
This is fantastic!

Is it posible that this information is being put into some kind of "How do I make an MMP" tutorial? It is stuff that I am not very familiar with.

You can start making MMP with very detailed tutorial dedgren : the plopperizer
It starts at the last post on this page

Badsim

That's all for today ...  :P ... just enjoy these pictures ( without any photoshop effect ) , the « making of » will be the subject of my next post there .  ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

art128

I hate when woods are burning.. Remind me of the very warm summer there was in Portugal some years ago, when a big portion of our forest burned. (Lodgepole I think it was).. But anyway it is really well made in the game. And with no photoshop effect, it's really incredible. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mave94

Ol.S / Benoit

Great work again, really amazing...
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Girafe

without photoshop effect, that's the point  &apls &apls

looks really good as always  ;)

Who threw his cigarette??  &sly my meal went up in smoke  :'(
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Yan077

No! forest fires are ravaging so fabulous landscapes, it's a shame  :'(

I can't believe there is no photoshop effect  ???
Pure awesomeness, another brilliant demonstration of your unlimited talent !  &apls &apls &apls

Yann :thumbsup:

carlfatal

Oh no! I love trees...  :'(
awesome work, this second series of a fire in the woods, although it is horrible to see...  ()sad()
I´m a cigarette smoker too, but why can´t people stop smoking as long as they walk in a forest? Trees are so majestic, and to see them dieing in fire - no, no, no!
But i will look to the next update as well, i´m here for learning and You always are a great teacher sharing all Your knowledge with us...
Although much more i like Your peaceful pictures of living nature.  ;)
Greetz, Carl