• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Well I thought I would never ever be writing this post here in Waterfalls... A MD by Pat, its been a great 3 yrs and I am crying as I write this as this is the hardest thing to write... I am not foreseeing any updates of Waterfalls anytime soon as I am having technical issues now upon other issues that Ive been having...

For those who are not my friends on facebook and don't know what has happend my marriage has ended... I should have seen that part coming when my wife would spend more time with the roommate then me... But anyways I am trying to get a spot where I can hook up my computer where I can at least re start the podcast I miss doing those and so loved working them...

Whats even sadder my health overall has improved since being out of the stress I was in since October and overall my friends Im staying with my blood sugars for my Diabetes has gone down to almost a normal level!!!  Why? Because they have been feeding me real food lol and not boxed meals or fast food and my friends actually care about my overall health to a point where I am also losing weight too!!!

I know this is a lot of personal information about me and Ive always shared whats been happening... Its about time to catch everyone up on me and let you all know Im still here and to say that Waterfalls may not be coming back again and why... I hate doing this and this is the hardest decision to do but with the game not playing I just don't know what do and I don't have the money to buy another disk and nor any more money to buy a LEX disk's...

Again I love you all and I will still be in and out of here when I am at work or as soon as can set up my computer at my friends house...

Patrick Allen McMahon

AkA

patfirefghtr

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Oh man!!  :'(

I don't know what to say, Pat.  I'm so sorry to hear about the potential end of Waterfalls, and I'm even more sorry to hear about the bad hand RL has dealt you.  On the bright side, at least your health is better, and I hope to still see you around here from time to time.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

catty

Hi Pat

I'm sorry to hear what's been happening in your life, at least its good news about your health and while I can't do anything about your LEX disks, if you would like a USA version of Simcity 4 Deluxe then PM me and I'll send you one of my spare copies (its already registered at EA Games, so you will have to get the updates here at SC4D).

Take care of yourself   :thumbsup:

Cathy
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

rooker1

Hey Pat,
Sorry to hear about your marriage, but it sounds to me like maybe it was a good thing....your life and health are the most important.  I'm sure you'll be okay with all your friends looking out for you and helping you out. 
Good luck and I hope to see you around here working on the podcast......and your MD. ;)

Take care of yourself first though.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

ecoba

I'm sorry to hear this news, Pat, however I agree with Robin in that maybe it could be a good thing. I'm very glad to hear that your health has and is improving greatly.

I'm sorry to hear that Waterfalls has been indefinitely put on hold. You certainly had a beautiful MD that lasted a wonderful three years. I hope that you can get everything sorted out soon, and hopefully you will be able to return to MDing soon.

Ethan :)

tooheys

Hi mate

Sorry to hear about the problems at home, but it's so great to learn your health is on the improve. You have some great friends helping you by the sounds of it.  :)

Waterfalls maybe be on hold, but it will always be there, waiting for you to wipe off the dust if the opportunity arises.

Look after yourself, and hope to see you around now and again.

Dave

CrossSide

Dear Pat,

Good that you dare to write about your problems on the internet. In my opinion I thinks it is the best for your that you quit SimCity for a while and get your life back in shape and pay attention to your friends who seem to really want to help you! I think that is the most important part of all. Do some activities and hang out with your friends and I think you will recover in no time!

Good luck and we hope to see you back!

Schulmanator

Pat, I am so sorry to hear about all you are going through. I am glad to hear though that your health is improving. You have been and will continue to be a valued member of the SC4 community and, when you can, we would love to see more of your inspiring work. Remember that when you are here, you are among friends.

Bruce
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

FrankU

Hi Pat,

A long time ago, when he was noy yet as famous as he is now, Bruce Willis made a record: "If it doesn't kill you it just makes you stronger". That title could be your motto for these hard days.
Being left by your wife is one of the greatest shocks. But did I hear some criticism about her in your remarks on healthy food you eat these days after all these years with quick meals?

I wish you strength and some good luck and when you find the time you can always return with some new waterfalls.  :thumbsup:

Tomas Neto

Hi Pat, sorry to read about your problems, my friend!!! Good luck and I hope to see you back too!!!

Pat

Hi guys wanna let you all know I havent given up on my disk issue yet nor do I plan to... Its very frustrating to say the most... Thank you soo very much for the support here and I soo do apperciate it very much and this is why I love this community!!! I know I do have to find a way to get my LEX DvD again as well the ex kept it out of spite or something I dunno and I am thinking will have to reinstall Sim City again from scratch... I will have to go Wal Mart and hope to find Sim City or the "Box" there lol...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Pat, I had to buy a new game recently because I lost my key to the old one. I paid $20 at Wal-mart - and it's nice to have a spare copy - but they're available at E-bay for around $10. I would be happy to buy one of those for you and mail it to you if you'll let me - my treat! :)

I'm just guessing, but I suspect that starting up - or starting over on - Waterfalls would bring you a lot of pleasure right now and help relieve some of the stress. So just send me a PM and consider it done, my friend!

Later...
Joan

Pat

History of the Fourth

"WHEN IN THE COURSE OF HUMAN EVENTS..."
Thomas Jefferson's Rough Draft of the Declaration of Independence (Library of Congress)
Thomas Jefferson's Rough Draft of the Declaration of Independence (Library of Congress)

"Taxation without representation!" That was the battle cry of the 13 colonies in America that were forced to pay taxes to England's King George III with no representation in Parliament. As dissatisfaction grew, British troops were sent in to quell any signs of rebellion, and repeated attempts by the colonists to resolve the crisis without war proved fruitless.

On June 11, 1776, the colonies' Second Continental Congress meeting in Philadelphia formed a committee with the express purpose of drafting a document that would formally sever their ties with Great Britain. The committee included Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Roger Sherman and Robert R. Livingston. The document was crafted by Jefferson, who was considered the strongest and most eloquent writer. (Nevertheless, a total of 86 changes were made to his draft.) The final version was officially adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4.

The following day, copies of the Declaration of Independence were distributed and, on July 6, The Pennsylvania Evening Post became the first newspaper to print the extraordinary document.

The Declaration of Independence has since become our nation's most cherished symbol of liberty.
Bonfires and Illuminations

On July 8, 1776, the first public readings of the Declaration were held in Philadelphia's Independence Square to the ringing of bells and band music. One year later, on July 4, 1777, Philadelphia marked Independence Day by adjourning Congress and celebrating with bonfires, bells and fireworks.

The custom eventually spread to other towns, both large and small, where the day was marked with processions, oratory, picnics, contests, games, military displays and fireworks. Observations throughout the nation became even more common at the end of the War of 1812 with Great Britain.

On June 24, 1826, Thomas Jefferson sent a letter to Roger C. Weightman, declining an invitation to come to Washington, D.C., to help celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. It was the last letter that Jefferson, who was gravely ill, ever wrote. In it, Jefferson says of the document:

"May it be to the world, what I believe it will be ... the signal of arousing men to burst the chains ... and to assume the blessings and security of self-government. That form, which we have substituted, restores the free right to the unbounded exercise of reason and freedom of opinion. All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. ... For ourselves, let the annual return of this day forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."

Congress established Independence Day as a holiday in 1870, and in 1938 Congress reaffirmed it as a holiday, but with full pay for federal employees. Today, communities across the nation mark this major midsummer holiday with parades, fireworks, picnics and the playing of the "Star Spangled Banner" and marches by John Philip Sousa.

History continued

"Thus may the 4th of July, that glorious and ever memorable day, be celebrated through America, by the sons of freedom, from age to age till time shall be no more. Amen and Amen."

Virginia Gazette on July 18th, 1777

Schoolchildren in America learn the basic history of the events surrounding the Fourth of July, but the details of this monumental occasion in American history somehow fall through the cracks.

Although July 4th is celebrated as America's official split from Britain's rule and the beginning of the American Revolution, the actual series of events show that the process took far longer than a single day.

Taxation without representation! That was the battle cry of the 13 colonies in America who were forced to pay taxes to England's King George III with no representation in Parliament. As dissatisfaction grew, British troops were sent in to quell any signs of rebellion, and repeated attempts by the colonists to resolve the crisis without war proved fruitless.

The original resolution was introduced by Richard Henry Lee of Virginia on June 7, 1776, and called for the Continental Congress to declare the United States free from British rule.

On June 11, 1776, the colonies' Second Continental Congress, meeting in Philadelphia, formed a committee with the express purpose of drafting a document that would formally sever their ties with Great Britain. The committee included Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, Roger Sherman and Robert R. Livingston. The document was crafted by Jefferson, who was considered the strongest and most eloquent writer (nevertheless, a total of 86 changes were made to his draft!) The final version, the document that we know as the Declaration of Independence was officially adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, although the resolution that led to the writing of the Declaration was actually approved two days earlier.

The following day, copies of the Declaration of Independence were distributed and, on July 6, The Pennsylvania Evening Post became the first newspaper to print the extraordinary document.

On July 8, 1776, the first public readings of the Declaration were held in Philadelphia's Independence Square to the ringing of bells and band music.
All of this had occurred with some of the delegates to the Congress not even present; New York, for example, did not even vote on the resolution until July 9th. (Did you know that that not a single signature was appended to the Declaration on July 4th. While most of the fifty-six names were in place by early August, one signer, Thomas McKean, did not actually sign the Declaration until 1781.)

One year later, on July 4, 1777, Philadelphia marked Independence Day by adjourning Congress and celebrating with bonfires, bells and fireworks.

The custom eventually spread to other towns both large and small, where the day was marked with processions, oratory, picnics, contests, games, military displays and fireworks. Observations throughout the nation became even more common at the end of the War of 1812 with Great Britain.

On June 24, 1826, Thomas Jefferson sent a letter to Roger C. Weightman, declining an invitation to come to Washington, D.C., to help celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. It was the last letter, Jefferson, who was gravely ill, ever wrote. In it, Jefferson says of the document:

May it be to the world, what I believe it will be ... the signal of arousing men to burst the chains ... and to assume the blessings and security of self-government. That form, which we have substituted, restores the free right to the unbounded exercise of reason and freedom of opinion. All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. ... For ourselves, let the annual return of this day forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them.

In 1941, Congress declared July 4 a legal Federal holiday. Today, communities across the nation mark this major midsummer holiday with parades, fireworks, picnics and the playing of the "Star Spangled Banner" and marches by John Philip Sousa.

Special Celebrations

Many Fourth of July customs have not changed since our earliest celebrations. But some communities across the nation have developed their own special traditions:

* Celebrants in Seward, Alaska, take part in a six-mile foot race to the top of Mount Marathon and back. Further north in Kotzebue, Alaska, traditional Inuit contests are held.
    * The citizens of Lititz, Pennsylvania have spent their winters since 1818 making thousands of candles so that the children of the town can light them during a special "Festival of Candles" the night of July 4.
    * And, on the morning of July 4, the community of Tecumseh, Nebraska, raises more than 200 flags around the courthouse as a way of remembering those who have served in our country's armed forces. Each flagpole bears the name of a man or woman from Tecumseh who has served in the United States military.
    * On July 4, 1976 major celebrations throughout the country marked America's 200th birthday. In Washington, D.C., 33 tons of fireworks were exploded in the sky above the Washington Monument, along with Laser beams that spelled out " 1776-1976, Happy Birthday, USA." In New York, a succession of tall sailing ships from all over the world sailed up the Hudson River.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

To everyone who celebrates 4th of July have a safe and happy one... Everyone else I do also hope you have a great day and be safe as well too!! Happy Birthday America!!!

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Pat

Greetings everyone and welcome to Waterfalls... MD by Pat, if this is your first time here welcome and howdy!!! Im Patrick I was know a few years ago as well I will show you what I was know for and I hope you enjoy it! To everyone that is coming back to Waterfalls, HI and its great to see all my friends again, old and new alike!!!  So as I said Waterfalls is coming back and just in time for 5th anniversary of SC4D!! Which congrats to the staff and members!!! This place is truly home!!! So now without further ado im taking a trip threw memory lane........

So that is some small historical pics of Waterfalls earlier years here at SC4D... At the start I remember not really knowing which direction I was gonna take this MD but soon i found out and hopefully those pics I have reposted here today show you an idea, granted this is a small idea but none the less.....

rooker1

Really good to see you back here again Pat.  You have been truly missed. 
I hope everything is going well for you, your health and personel life.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Thank you Robin and im stable, so Im getting on the reins and doing what I loved the best!!!  :thumbsup: Now I just need to get outta this inactive area lol

cheers

patrick

vester

I can only second what Robin says. Good to see you back. :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Oh my dear Pat, welcome back! SC4D could not have received a finer fifth Birthday gift than your return with Waterfalls. We have some wonderful new custom content, including some stunning flora and a lot of other exciting things as well. You're welcome to contact me via PM or MS Live chat, and I'll show you what's new.

Happy MDing, my friend... :)
-Joan

mrbisonm

Geeez Pat, where have you been? Glad to see you back on the trot again. Welcome back ol' Buddy. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)