• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

That's a great database, David! Great work on it!

Looking forward to more...

sebes

Wow David - when you do a project, you DO a project, if you get what I mean. I know what I am talking about because I once tried the same with my imiginairy country in the NY/NJ Area - it took weeks!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

emilin

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

mightygoose

for gads sake man... i think i have actually ran out of words...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

BigSlark

David claims that, "Rust never sleeps and neither do I."

I really think it must be true.

Bravo, sir, on your amazing work on the 3RR Gazetteer.

Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

A short journey off-topic.

...as if we've never been there before...

Yesterday the boys had a "decompress" day, so we were on our own.  Heather and I had never seen Yellowstone in the winter, so...

The drive down from Helena, the state capitol, was about 180 miles/285 kilometers each way.  Pretty much all of it was through fairly mountainous terrain.  There were lots of interesting sights on the way down- it was dark going back.

I would have sworn this was that church where the money was hidden from the end of the movie Thunderbolt and Lightfoot [linkie]

The old entrance arch is just a bit before the sign in the first pic.  "Built to last" comes to mind.

The snow cover was very sparse, making for good driving the entire way.

The snow really accented the scenery.

The destination area in the park for us was Mammoth Hot Springs, which is the only entrance that is open to vehicles in the winter.  I have been to Mammoth several times over the last 30 years, and think that it's one of the best places in the park in any event.

The attraction in this part of the park is the hot springs terraces.  They are wonderful in the summer- I didn't know what to expect, but quickly found out that wintertime here is really special.

What happens to the trees (both alive and dead) is nothing short of amazing.  The steam really makes getting good clear pics a challenge.  Those aren't icicles, by the way, under that ledge- what you see is rock that is formed by the minerals in the water.

I'll close this photo-visit with two shots of classic terrace pools.

If you're ever in the area during the winter months, Yellowstone's a must see in my book.

So, happy Christmas Eve, wherever you are!  Hope you've been good this past year- there just might be a 3RR gift

under your tree tomorrow morning.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

meldolion

David,
I wish you a merry christmas and enjoy touy visit of yellowstone!!! :)

dedgren

Oh, you'd...

...better not pout, you'd better not cry...

...etc., etc... you get the point.

These may be perfect.

We'll see.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Andreas

Ohh, David, how I envy you, having the chance to visit Yellowstone NP. Great pictures, the hot springs look wonderful in the winter landscape. :) The Christmas gift looks very promising - are you going to make some updated Euro textures as well? What you need is basically one solid white line (not dashed) - have a look at the updated Euro Road Textures Mod that I uploaded a while ago. Merry Christmas! :)
Andreas

Ryan B.

David, that looks amazing!  A v2, perchance?   :P

thundercrack83

...better not pout, you'd better not cry...

That better be the Springsteen version...

Just kidding, my friend! The new textures look amazing! Merry Christmas to you and yours, and I hope Yellowstone was wonderful!

Dustin

Jmouse

Gorgeous photos of Yellowstone, David, and I'm glad to see you were able to include a bit of TPW in the pictures!

Until next time...
Joan

threestooges

Yellowstone really is a spectacular park, and your pictures are proof of that. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I'll look forward to talking about the gazetteer entries when you get the time, but until then, enjoy the holidays with your family, and I'll look forward to your next post.
-Matt

Tarkus

David, those are some absolutely stunning pics there--both the Yellowstone pics and the new Road Curve textures.  I've always wanted to go to Yellowstone at some point, and seeing those amazing shots there of it just make me want to go even more. :)

Also, I'd like to wish you and Heather and the boys a truly Merry Christmas.

-Alex

dedgren

OK, so it's Christmas in Montana.

I've been promising to clean these up forever.

Since it was just an extra step, I threw in upgraded Euro textures, too.  I'm hoping these catch someone's eye (hint, hint, Alex and Chrisim) who will slice, dice and skin over the old versions, and wrap these puppies up.  I'll put the uncut textures, which are made up of 128x128 squares, on my ImageShack as .png files in a bit with links from this or the next post.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the wonderful friends out there in this great community.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Silur

Hi, David ...
Merry Christmas to You and Your Family ....
I like all Your works ... 

dedgren

Oh, and here's where the wide road curve textures start in my Imageshack pages [linkie].  For goshsakes, don't wander too far from page 1- there's 326 pages of stuff to get lost in at this point.  You never know what you might find.

You didn't think you would get away without seeing a pic of the fam, didja?

'Awfully proud of those two little guys, and the great lady standing next to the funny looking guy.

Merry Christmas, folks- off to bed, it's after 3:00.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

freedo50

Wahey! Finally we get to see a picture of the great man! Nice to see you David  :D Those curves look great, and that Christmas card up there is just so calming.

Have a great day!

Fred

bat

These curved roads are looking very nice, David! :thumbsup:
Merry Christmas to you, too!