• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The January '09 NAM Release

Started by dedgren, January 14, 2009, 05:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMADreamer

Wow I came home from a very long day at the water to see this and it turned my whole day around.  Thanks a bunch NAM team for your hard work, I don't know if you realize how much we all appreciate it. 

bwatterud

Just wondering, are the files included in the NAM Essentials included in the Mac version of the NAM?

Tarkus

Quote from: bwatterud on January 15, 2009, 05:51:00 PM
Just wondering, are the files included in the NAM Essentials included in the Mac version of the NAM?

Yes, they are.  The only reason the NAM Essentials has been mentioned so much is for people who downloaded the main NAM file before we fixed an issue with one of the RUL files.  If you were to go onto the LEX and download the Mac version right now, the files would be updated.

-Alex (Tarkus)

bwatterud

Thanks for the quick reply, and that's what I figured.  I had had the Essentials Filejuiced and installed previously, just in case, but it seemed a bit weird that there would be no zip file upload of the Essentials to go with the Mac version of the NAM. 

Tarkus

Quote from: bwatterud on January 15, 2009, 06:35:59 PM
zip file upload of the Essentials to go with the Mac version of the NAM. 

That's a good idea, in fact. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

Andreas

The NAM Essentials use the Clickteam installer, so you should be able to use FileJuicer. Or is that one of the downloads that doesn't "juice" properly? Then a separate ZIP version could be made.
Andreas

toxicpiano

Someone could always make an osx installer package. I have OSX, so does goaskin and a couple of others. Thing is I don't know if you can have checkbox options like with the click team installer. I think if you couldn't, a zip file would be better than going through file juicer.
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Toichus Maximus

oh man! I'm going to have some fun with this! Excellent work, as usual, guys!  &apls

simmayor68

I clicked on the linkie above and am taken to the page, but I don't see any button or link to download the january nam.
Please help as I am new here please  ()what()

simmayor68

bob56

i'm confused. &mmm..Is the new HSRP part of the NAM, available, or not yet released. If its out, where do you find it?

Thanks in advenced!!

Thanks
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Jonathan

There isn't really a new HSRP, only a updated one of with a maor bug fixed (see HSRP thread) and the HSRP hub that was released alongside the HSRP last year, that will now work.

Jonathan

bwatterud

Quote from: Andreas on January 16, 2009, 01:20:32 AM
The NAM Essentials use the Clickteam installer, so you should be able to use FileJuicer. Or is that one of the downloads that doesn't "juice" properly? Then a separate ZIP version could be made.

It "juices," but not entirely properly.  The dats comes through fine (they work in the game), but all the file names get changed to the name of the installer with a bunch of numbers afterwards, so if there are multiple dats in the installer, it's hard to tell what each individual file does.  The only place where this has been a real issue for me was with the SFBT rail texture mod, where I couldn't tell which files were for dirt, concrete, grass, and just darkening the rail texture (I figured it out through trial and error). 

Andreas

Ah, I see. Well, that's an issue if you're trying to extract a specific file indeed, but for the NAM Essentials, I guess it is sufficient to extract all three files, and compare the filesizes with the controller files (NetworkAddonMod_Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat, NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat, NetworkAddonMod_IndividualNetworkRULs.dat) that come with the NAM - they should be nearly identical if there was an update posted. In any case, if you encounter a NAM or SFBT installer where it doesn't work properly, simpy send me a PM or e-mail, then I'll provide you with a ZIP file. :)
Andreas

skyliner

Thanks for the great release. Any upcoming T-RAM stations? ;D

jpj_starfleet

The new NAM is fantastic! I'm going to rethink an entire city because of the new T-RAM and new GLR Ave grass textures which are the coolest thing yet, also the flexible road tunnel and rail curves basically everything is great! I'd be playing it right now if it wasn't for the Battlestar Galatica marathon and premiere  :D

mrbisonm

May sound stupid..........but I have just one question, maybe I have overlooked it somewhere, but I can't seem to remember seeing it. Do we have to uninstall the older version of the NAM or is this January 09 version only an update or add-on?

mrb

Please don't shoot me now. Thank you.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Swamper77

Mr. Bison,

It would be best to uninstall the older version first to avoid conflicts with the new version. This version is a complete release, not an update or addon. The RHW and SAM V3 mods will still work with the new version of the NAM.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!