• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The January '09 NAM Release

Started by dedgren, January 14, 2009, 05:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisnhl

Ive been watching these threads for quite some time now but I dont write to much on them but Im always so amazed by how much everyone is willing to help out all the time! Unbelievable!

taksan

i really can't wait for single track rail! this is awesome guys! keep up the good work!

LE0

Are diagonal onslope pieces for road, avenue, owr included in the new NAM?
i would have downloaded but im on RL from sc4 game.
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Swamper77

Sorry, there aren't diagonal onslopes for any networks except for Ground Highway and Rail. No one has made the models or puzzle pieces yet for the rest of the networks.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

smoncrie

Uh, actually I made and tested a diagonal road OnSlope to get a handle on diagonal OnSlopes before I made the diagonal ground highway OnSlope.   As I recall, I never finished it (it had wealth textures, but no T21s).   Just another thing on the backburner.

shadd0w09

iv got a bug with Single Track Rail Beta and the NEW nam the trumpet interchanges do not apear if got STR beta installed  :-[ :angrymore: %bur2$

BigSlark

Quote from: shadd0w09 on January 28, 2009, 10:40:25 PM
iv got a bug with Single Track Rail Beta and the NEW nam the trumpet interchanges do not apear if got STR beta installed  :-[ :angrymore: %bur2$

That's an issue with the STR Beta NAM Controller. Try using the NAM Controller.dat that's included with the January '09 update, that should solve your problem.

Cheers,
Kevin

jaatt

Just saw the release thank you  &apls so much. Everytime I start to get distracted by something else that's shiny, the new NAM comes out to ignite that spark I need to keep building, tanx team. I have a question for you regarding the different rail systems. I never have been able to play extensively to get beyond the passenger train but are the T RAM, GLR, and the EL all exclusive to themselves? or are they an interchangable system? Like does running the GLR replace the other two or one or not at all? When the GLR first came out many moons ago I assume it was just the EL running on the street level, or are they (I hope) all different networks running independantly in one city, that would be soooooooooo cool. jaatt.

Tarkus

jaatt, thanks for the kind words!  I'm glad you're enjoying it.  As far as the various rail systems, none of them replace one another.  GLR, while it is based on the Elevated Rail Network, doesn't replace it.  Rather, you just use special starter pieces, drag Elevated Rail from them and they instantly turn into GLR.  We've been able to make extensive use of that technology to essentially create "new" networks in a way.  They all use the same path type, though, so you can have the same train go from an Elevated Rail section to a GLR onto a T-RAM or GLR-in-AVE setup. 

Hope that answers your question.

-Alex (Tarkus)

jaatt

YEEEHAAAAAW! Thanks Tarkus I was hoping for that answer. My rail folder in the plugins is about to expannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, ha ha sweet. $%Grinno$%

Rady

Hi folks, first of all - thanks to everyone who has his share in creating wonderful things like the NAM. Simcity would not be interesting without all these addons.

Acutaly, I read about (ans saw pictures, of course) the Single Track Rail. However, I cannot find the download souce. Is this still under developement? Or is it just that I repeatedly missed it somwhere on the LEX?

cheers,

Rady
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Andreas

Yes, STR is still under development, but the release is imminent. ;)
Andreas

A200

Omg that word is back "imminent"  :o

carkid1998

:angrymore:  :bomb: %bur2$

gaaaaaahhhhh i heard it enough with rhw 3 noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Is it really necessary to use so many angry smileys? ;-) -Alex/Tarkus, Admin

Edit: sorry I got carried away!!
Sendona... Coming soon!

choco

relax folks......

good thing come to those who wait..... ;)

WalkingSnake

I don't  have SC4 installed on this computer, has anyone been posting screenshots of the new pieces, features, etc? I wanna see! :P

Thanks, and happy for the release!

BombINdyBoy

bearyn