• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

THE OFFICIAL "Is Simtropolis down?" THREAD

Started by Hahayoudied, May 11, 2008, 08:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandy

Hello, All.

As of 1910 (Eastern Time in North Carolina), Simtropolis is up and running.  However, access is limited to ONLY the forums.  The site does appear to still be running slow but, at the moment, it is running.  As I receive further status, I shall post it here.

Regards,

Gary (Vandy)
Simtropolis Moderator

In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.  © May 29, 1980

Vandy

Hi, All.

SImtropolis is currently down for further maintenance and repair of the vairous databases corrupted from the recent cyber-attack.  As I get further information, I shall post it in this thread.

Regards,

Gary (Vandy)
Simtropolis Moderator

Vandy

Hello, All.

As of 1245 (Eastern Time in North Carolina), Simtropolis is up and running.  However, access is limited to ONLY the forums.  The site does appear to still be running slow but, at the moment, it is running.  As I receive further status, I shall post it here.

Thanks to all who have been posting interim status reports.  I do appreciate your helping out.

Regards,

Gary (Vandy)
Simtropolis Moderator

jeronij

Thanks for keeping the community updated V  :thumbsup: . I hope all those issues can be definitively solved soon.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Vandy

Hey, Folks.

I guess there really isn't much of a point in restating the obvious but Simtropolis will in fact "Be back soon!"  We've had a bit of weather pass through Durham, NC so I've been off-line most of the evening.  Again, as soon as I have further status, I'll post it in this thread.

Y'all have a great night.

Regards,

Gary
Simtropolis Moderator

PS My pleasure, Jeroni.  Thank you for offering a thread in which said status can be posted.

Vandy

Good SUnday Morning (well, it is here, anyway) to All.

Simtropolis is still working towards complete repair and availabilty of all areas.  Currently, the site is up HOWEVER, it would appear the only area that is available is the STEX -- all other areas are seemingly off-line.  As always, when I get further status, I shall post it in this thread.

Regards,

Vandy
Simtropolis Moderator

Vandy

Hello, All.

As of (having just gotten into the office and on the computer) 1135, Simtropolis is up and all sections are available with the exception of the Modds & Downloads section.  As further status becomes available, I shall post it in this thread.

Regards,

Gary
Simtropolis Moderator

Vandy

Hello, All.

I have the following information for you concerning the on-going issues with SImtropolis.

Simtropolis has indeed gotten "hit" mulitple times.  THe Administrators have been cleaning up the databases and removing leftover "residue" from the hacking attack.  Apparently, not only have posts been corrupted and "hit, signatures and the search function have been corrupted.   The best way to "clean out the site is for it be periodically be taken down in order for the hacking "residue" doesn't further multiply and continue to be removed.  Finally, the Administrators are running test to backtrack how the hackers got into the site.

As I receive more status, I shall update this thread.

Regards,

Gary

Vandy

Hello, All.

As of 2215 Eastern Time (in North Carolina), Simtropolis is up and all sections are on-line and available for use.

Regards,

Gary
Simtropolis Moderator

Vandy

Hello, All.

This is probably old news by now but it appears Simtroplis is "off the air" at this time.  I cannot get to the site (from work).  I keep getting a "Connection Refused" message.  I must assume the site is down at this time.  When (if) I get an updated status, I'll post it in this thread.

Regards,

Gary
Simtropolis Moderator

something_started

yeah this time their is absolutly nothing! google is acting like the site doesn't exsist except for in it's cache. that's all i know.

amazing regards
somethingstarted, stard, s_S ect.

Please note that only ST and SC4D staff are allowed to post in this thread, as stated in the initial post in this thread.  Comments such as these are irrelevant and add nothing to the topic, and are grounds for temporary suspension of SC4D membership.  -Alex

daryy

very well

darry,

from the post above this one:

QuotePlease note that only ST and SC4D staff are allowed to post in this thread, as stated in the initial post in this thread.  Comments such as these are irrelevant and add nothing to the topic, and are grounds for temporary suspension of SC4D membership.  -Alex

Please, refrain posting and contact a staff member to solve any issue or misunderstanding it may exist.

Thanks -jeronij-

jigsaw

i think we need a traffic light up in the corner, named the Simtropolis traffic light, where it goes red when its down, and green when its up  ;D

it may stop the questions being repeatedly asked.. "is ST down?" ;D
insert signature here

Diggis

Gking, I would point you to the top 2 posts above.

Tarkus

As folks have been asking about the situation with the outage at Simtropolis today, I figured, in keeping with the purpose of this thread, I would update the situation.

Simtropolis is, as of 9:29pm PST 1/27/2011, back up and running.  As ST Admin Meg referred to here, it is apparently part of an ongoing upgrade process.

Also keeping in this thread, I would ask on behalf of the staff that, unless you are an SC4D or ST staff member, that you would please refrain from further comments/speculation about the upgrades and outages here.  Your post may be subject to moderator action.

-Alex

justinrpg

does anybody know how long the simtropolis upgrade is going to be for... i kept getting a upgrade message for the last few days...

Andreas

Andreas

Gaston

POSTING IN THIS THREAD IS LIMITED TO ST AND SC4D STAFF ONLY

Thanks for your understanding  :thumbsup:  -jeronij -
[/quote]

I understand the above statement very well.  BUT, I don't know any other way of contacting anyone at Simtropolis.   I suddenly have NO access to thier site or Peg's site.   BOTH are saying my IP address has been marked as forbidden to access.   I am not sure what has happened.  I haven't even accessed either site in several weeks.  I have the same IP address I had the last time I went there.  If someone could PM me here or send me an e-mail explaining why I seem to have been banned without any explaination, I would really appreciate it.

Sorry I had to use this thread to contact the folks at Simtropolis and for that matter SimPeg as well.    Hopefully you will understand my predicament and understand.  Thank you Jeronij and the rest of Sim City Devotion for your understanding.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Cali

Please wait a moment...
...as we reticulate some splines.

gonna be waiting a while...lol
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Tarkus

As folks have asked what's currently up with ST, this courtesy of the Official Simtropolis Twitter account

Quote from: @Simtropolis on Twitter
Technicians are working on our server, we should be back later today. Sorry folks.

For future questions regarding Simtropolis' up or downtime, the Simtropolis Twitter account is always your best source.  If you have a Twitter account, Dirk and staff are usually amenable to answering any questions you may have.

As per the official instructions for this thread, it is restricted to SC4D and ST staff posting onlyAny subsequent non-staff posts will be subject to removal and possible disciplinary action.

-Alex (Tarkus)
SC4D Admin