• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

tooheys

Very nice Dan, 2 great pics. Particularily like the wall texture, haven't seen that before, looks good  :thumbsup:

Great choice of lots and I really enjoy a built up area with some green in between.

Your signature road/ave sidewalk textures look supurb as always  :)

A pleasure to visit

Dave

Sheep49

Another mosaics, another source of happiness for us!

Mosaic 1:
The first thing that I see, and that I love here, is the park with all those 'broken' paths. I think that's my favourite part of the picture. &apls I like the use of the SAM too, but it's one of your 'worse' mosaics in my humble opinion. Maybe some more canal showcased? Great mosaic after all, but still, you can do better IMO. ;)

Mosaic 2:
That mosaic is just AWESOME! The streets are really alive, and everything is really great showcased. To be honest, I don't have a real complaints about that one, but: What are those trees without leafs doing in the middle of your city in summer? ;D

Nice job, overall great update. Not so great as the last one IMO, but still nice :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work! &apls
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

dsrwhat316

Full Overviews
Some people have been asking for it, so I finally gave in and shot a couple overview pics. Be warned; these pics will show how "much" of this large city tile is actually filled  ::)

I'm trying to get an update prepared sometime soon. Please bear with me; I am working on it  ;)!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Sheep49

Well, to be honest, I've got a lot of inspiration from this update! ;) There's nothing wrong with the fact that your city is a bit underdeveloped. It's better to build slowly with details, than fast and don't look at any minuses of your work :) Especially suburbs look great in overview. The only complaint I have is that windy viduct over Jeronij's canals in the 2nd picture. I wouldn't like to drive it really, and in my opinion it doesn't look realistic.

Keep up the great work! &apls
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

JoeST

and that shows how good your city building is, you have 10 pages out of that much city, means lots more pages to come XD :)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Grneyes

Yay! Thank you!!! With the amount of detail and the time it takes to get it how you want, I'm not surprised at all. I noticed a difference in water color from one canal to another...are you using two different sets? Can you show a detail of the transition from one to the other? Everything looks fabulous!!!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls

MaryBeth

art128

Well, Dan, this first(?) overview is really splendid  &apls
in these shots, we can see all your work at the LE  &apls :thumbsup:
it's just awesome !
I think, this overview inspire me for the rest of my city  $%Grinno$%
I have no word to describe that your city is stunning  &apls
really splendid again !
Keep up on this good goooood work Dan ,
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

CasperVg

Well, Dan, you are certainly not doing any half-par work. The city is looking splendid, and, while it's easy to see with the overview how much of the tile is not filled in, it does help in getting an... well... overview of how all these brilliant pictures fit together.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

frdrcklim

So that's what it looks like from a far. To think that this MD is great, it still has a lot of room to grow. I can see the potential. It's not great... It's grande  ::).

We should see another overview picture next time when it's finally filled with all the great things you put there.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

CraigKingOfIreland

The region looks amazing Dan, I'm glad to finally see it from above...well, more above...you know what I mean  :D

metarvo

Keep it going, Dan.   :)  If this is any indication of how this tile will look when it is finished, you can believe that I won't miss it for anything.  Good work, Dan.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Simpson

Wow my friend, this is absolutely splendid
The first general picture is superb and so realistic. Fantastic work on the LE

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

kbieniu7

Yes, very impressive. You have exellent chosed buildings and made from them nice district.  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

bat

It's a very beautiful city there! Fantastic overviews of it!!! :thumbsup:

bluesinjid

Wow this is a really great region here even though its not fully developed!I really like how u  take ur time to make the perfect touches! &apls

dsrwhat316

papab2000: Thanks much!
Simpson: I'm partial to that pic, as well. Thanks, friend!
sithlrd98: To have LE skills, you need patience, IMO. Thanks for dropping by, Jayson!
art128: Thank you, Arthur!
Grneyes: Thanks, Mary Beth! The overviews (as you already know) have been provided...
metarvo: Breaking the grid has always been one of my top priorities. No photoshopping done here; just some fairly simple LEing to deceive the eyes. Thanks for your nice comment!
bat: Thanks, my friend! Unfortunately where I live, "Local Summer" has ended and we actually had our first snow (a rarity in October here).
M4346: I second that  ;) Thanks!
tooheys: Just trying to mix things up a bit; it gets monotonous when the same textures are used. Thanks for the comment, Dave!
Sheep49: I like the park, as well. It's simple, but brings a focal point to the pic. I'll try to bring the next update up to standards, Piotr  ;)!
Sheep49: Heh, what'd I tell ya  ;D? I wouldn't consider this an update; just a couple overviews of progress so far. The "windy" bridge is something I created on a whim; just a temporary fix until I can find a better solution. I enjoyed reading your honest comments, my friend!
JoeST: I'm taking a page out of Badsim's book; focusing on one city tile at a time with small, fine details. Glad you approve, and there will be many more pages to come!
Grneyes: You're quite welcome! I was somewhat tentative to show overviews because of all the unfinished areas, but people have taken to it. The canal set running through the city is jeronij's Urban Canal Set and the other on the outskirts is the River Kit by MAS71. I have a shot of the transition back on page 2. Thanks for commenting!
art128: Yes this is the first overview I've provided. It seems that the name of this MD is apt; providing a "Source" of inspiration. Glad I could help, Arthur!
caspervg: This is about three months worth of playing. I'd say another four months and I should have this tile finished. Thanks for dropping by!
frdrcklim: Yes, there is plenty of stretching room here. A final overview shot as a comparison is a good idea, but that won't be for quite awhile  ;).
CraigKingOfIreland: It's not actually a region shot, just a large city tile. But you are right in some aspect; this is the only part of the region that is actually being worked on!
metarvo: Although I might not update for a while, you can rest assured that this MD will continue. I look forward to your ongoing support!
Simpson: Thanks again, my friend!
kbieniu7: Always a key to a good MD; have an eye for interesting and great BATs. Thanks for the comment!
bat: Thank you! Maybe I should provide overviews more often, eh?
bluesinjid: Nice to see you here on SC4D, my friend! Glad you're enjoying things here.

Teaser
A small teaser today, to end OSITM for me. Thanks to all for your generous support and one day we'll be in the Classics! Until then, let's enjoy the teaser:

An unfinished area, as you can tell; not enough lots  :P

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

art128

great work Dan on your city  :thumbsup:  this area look really cool my friend  :thumbsup:
but with some trees i the park that will be better  ;)
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Pat

Hey dan great last update there and also you had a great run in OSITM!!!  &apls &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie