• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grneyes

Very nice!!!  &apls :thumbsup: I love the road going down to the highway and the ramps..and the bridge and everything!

Thanx for letting me know where the canal/river transition was!

MaryBeth

paroch

Hello Dan,

Sorry I've not popped in for a while.  Great to see that The Source is still delivering high quality and original works.  It was very interesting to see the overviews.  As someone else said, the amount of detail you have got out of that area just goes to show the quality and detail you put into your city.

All the best,

Paul

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

bat

Nice work on that row houses! And also nice teaser!
Looking forward to more from that area... :thumbsup:

Sheep49

Hehe, 'teasing yet pleasing' :D

I really like that sunken highway. And the rowhomes next to it look great. Since its obviously the unfinished area, I won't complain at the details, as I usually do. ;) There's only one thing I've found pretty irritaiting: two Sims with kites are virtually identical. Are they twins or something? $%Grinno$%

Anyway, good teaser! Can't wait for an update, though. ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

dsrwhat316

art128: Thanks for the suggestion, but for that particular park, I'd rather have some open green space. Thanks again for commenting, Arthur!
papab2000: Thanks!
Pat: Thanks, Pat! Although, I thought I could've done better in OSITM, but due to RL, I didn't have as good a run as I would've hoped.  ;)
Grneyes: No problem, Mary Beth. Glad you like "everything"!  :thumbsup:
paroch: That's quite alright, Paul. Glad I can add you to the list of satisfied viewers of those overviews. Just imagine how far along we'll be when that city is actually completed!  ;D
sciurus54: Thank you!
bat: That area will have to wait, but I hope you like the update!
Sheep49: Nice one! I don't mind one bit any of the critiques you or anyone else has made. Nothing is ever perfect, and I am no different. As for the "twin kite Sims", let's just say they're competing with each other  ;). Enjoy the update, Piotr!
Simpson: Thanks much, my friend!

Update 10- Double Down
We've reached double digits for updates, folks! Let's take a look:

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

metarvo

I haven't been here in a little while.  It's a good thing I decided to visit The Source today, though.  Otherwise, I would have missed this beautiful update.  I have one question, though.  How did you get those diagonal parking fillers, Dan?  Did you make them in the LE yourself, or have you found them somewhere.  Either way, you have placed them well in the second pic (which I believe to be a mosaic).  Those diagonal houses also look great along those streets.  The "Perfect Angle" is right, since there is no noticeable grid to speak of.  Very good, Dan!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Grneyes

Very nice! I love the realism you always seem to show...and the lack of a grid of any kind!

MaryBeth

art128

Yes your are right Dan, It's the perfect angle  &apls Realistic in all the way, I can't find an error !  :thumbsup: Perfect mix of trees and houses, It's very well done my friend  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i like the layout of the roads and streets  :thumbsup:
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dsrwhat316

The BIG One
This is the biggest mosaic I've ever made; it will showcase a lot of the work shown in previous updates. Behold:

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

art128

WOw !! I just realized that this mosaic is enormous !! We can see all your hard work !!  Fantastic as always Dan  &apls :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

That are two really really fantastic updates!!! Awesome picture and superb work there, Dan! :thumbsup:

metarvo

You've done it again, Dan.  Another beautiful update.   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:  I think this one is your best yet, in all actuality, since it showcases so much content.  This time, my favorite parts are the diagonal walkway along the canal and the divided avenue/OWRs.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

CraigKingOfIreland

I'm pretty sure I've don mosaics longer than this, but that one just feels HUGE! Really great job, the city looks amazing  :thumbsup:

sithlrd98

I thought you said this was gonna be big , whats so BIG about it? ;D Its good to see all of the hard work in one shot! Great job on the huge mosaic!

Jayson

Simpson

Hey Dan  ;)
Wow, this is the biggest mosaic I've ever seen, and it's really wonderful and so réalistic. Incredible work on the LE
Looking forward to the next update my friend
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Grneyes

:o  &apls Awesome!!!! This MD keeps getting better and better! I would so want to live there! Looks like a beautiful place to live!

MaryBeth

bluesinjid

Wow the most awesome mosaic im ever seen! Really good job here at sc4! &apls Too bad your ending  this at Simtrop  :'(

FrankU

.....blghrrr......

(trying to find my jaw...it's somewhere on the ground..)

....grrrrhgl...zzzzbbb..vvvggggh.....

(giving up)

just:  &apls