• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrwhat316

Teaser
Told ya I was still in the game  :P I've been coming up with loads of new ideas and I decided to revisit an area from the early stages of Francis Harbor (FH):

That's how Pier 4 looked previously. If you look closely at the LE shot, you can see I've added some props here and there to make it have more depth. I am now currently working on the fifth and final main pier for FH:

And a few shots of the rough sketches of the lots for pier 5 in the Lot Editor:

These are just two of the three lots I plan to use to make Pier 5. I still need another piece 19x16 tiles, so this will be a huge project just by itself. There's still much more left to do, but you can expect more pics soon of the progress (not all of it, of course; it is after all a "teaser"!).

Later on...

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Earth quake

Excellent teaser and work at the lot dsrwhat316. :thumbsup:
The pier 4 is splendid.

kwakelaar

Excellent work in the LE, if I may suggest something it would be to make the market part a little more crowded, now it does not seem like a very popular place to be.
The skybridge and the parking garage is a very nice looking combination.

ecoba

Oh, such a nice update, Dan. I don't remember seeing this previously before, maybe I missed that update while I was still lurking and never went back to it, I'll look around.

Hope to see more of this area, as it seems very interesting.

Ethan

Battlecat

Love the looks of this lot, you really do great custom work! 

dsrwhat316

Teaser
Just a short progress update for now. Sorry, no personal replies for now, but I'll get to them as soon as possible. Here's a shot from the previous teaser shot:

Here's what the area looks like now, after a session in the Lot Editor. Still more details need to be attended to here, but that'll come in due time  ;):

Note the rather plain-looking bus station in the pic. Then note the construction work in the bottom-left of the same pic. Hmmm... (We'll never see a fully-constructed building here, as the construction site is made in the LE). And since this is a teaser, I didn't show the rest of the construction site. I wonder what that crane is helping to build...

~ Dan

EDIT: 500 posts for me! Not bad after 2+ years here  ::)

Battlecat

Very cool.  Nice construction scene.  The details are coming together great!

ecoba

That is a quite nice construction lot, Dan. Maybe a new, fancier bus terminal?

Can't wait to see more of the Pier 5!

Ethan

Earth quake

Other splendid teaser, Dan.
The construction aera is fantastic.

dsrwhat316

Teaser (Last One... Promise!)
Okay, last teaser before the update... This pier project is one of the largest and most detailed projects I've ever tackled in the lot editor. On top of that, I'm re-doing the other 4 piers in FH to match the detail of Pier 5 (my current project). Here's the pic:

Still haven't added people props and other small details yet, but I believe I should have the update by the end of the week. I'll be upgrading my computer from Windows XP to Windows 7 as soon as it arrives, so the update may be pushed back a day or two. Don't worry; my SC4 files are backed up and current as of today...

~ Dan

Tomas Neto

Battlecat

Nice teaser!  Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

BarbarossaS

Nice work! I'm waiting impatiently to see the whole pier  :P

-Stijn-

dsrwhat316

BarbarossaS: Glad you enjoyed the cathedral update, Stijn! Luckily for you (and everyone else) the next update is now and not next month  ;)
frdrcklim: Always good to see you, my friend. Happy to hear you enjoyed the update!
ecoba: Yes, my wrists are much better now thanks to physical therapy sessions. I hope your head and jaw feel better now  $%Grinno$% Enjoy the update, Ethan!
Earth quake: Nice to know you like those lots. Thanks, my friend!
Tomas Neto: Thank you, my friend!
Battlecat: Thanks, my friend! Glad you appreciate the lots; they take forever  ::)
Earth quake: Thanks again! And you may call me Dan  :thumbsup:
kwakelaar: Thanks for the tip! I have added more props to Pier 4 and made sure that Pier 5 (shown in this update) has plenty of people roaming about. Thanks for dropping by!
ecoba: Thanks for commenting, Ethan! Yes, the pier was featured quite a ways back; I believe it was towards the beginning of this year $%Grinno$%
Tomas Neto: Thanks!
Battlecat: Well, as always, there will be lots more uh... lots in this update!
Battlecat: Thanks for commenting!
ecoba: You are correct, Ethan! It will be a new bus terminal, but it will never be seen finished, since the construction lot is static  :thumbsup:
Earth quake: Glad you liked the teaser; thanks!
Tomas Neto: I thank you again, my friend!
Tomas Neto: Another thanks from me to you!
Battlecat: The finished product has just come off the line; hope you like it!
BarbarossaS: Well, the wait is over Stijn! Enjoy the Pier 5 update!

Update 21- A Site for Sore Eyes
Well, the update is here! A lot of work was done in the Lot Editor to accomplish these lots. Let me know if anything is off or needs correction; these lots are so large that some of the details were hard to line up:

Unfortunately, no props can be added to the white area of large building in the middle of this mosaic. It is integrated into the model, so anything placed on it won't show... But it still is a great building to use!

This has become one of my favorite pics. Hope you like it as well!

Now for the grand finale: a panoramic shot of Pier 5.

Click on the above pic for the full-size shot. (Warning: Nearly 3 MB!) Enjoy!

~ Dan

ecoba

Yay! It's finished, in all it's glory.

Such a wonderful project for you to have completed! The amazing amount of detail put into the lots that you placed on this pier are wonderful, Dan. Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of going to a pier where there is commercial activity, and recreation, similar to yours above, but yours would have to be a model of any one that I would like to visit.

Ethan

BarbarossaS

Incredible! Really great work in the LE, no need for any corrections imo, it looks fantastic the way it is!  &apls &apls

-Stijn-

Earth quake

Fantastic Update. &apls
These pictures are just impressive.
Your work at the lot is just......  &apls

Battlecat

Amazing indeed!  Pier 5 is an amazing piece of work as always here!  You said in your last reply to me that those lots take you a lot of time to build.  Well it shows in that high resolution panorama.  It looks superb, and I can't wait to see what you've got coming next!