• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrwhat316

Simpson: I agree: that first pic is my new favorite, too. All the little details (a few that only I can see ;)) really make it special. Thanks, my friend!
sciurus54: If you were really speechless, you would not have made a comment  :P!
art128: No secret really, just that I spend a lot of time looking at a particular Hall of Fame MD for inspiration...
Patricius Maximus: Yep, you can never be afraid to experiment. I've done many things in the Lot Editor that hasn't made it to "the show". And, yes, my park menu is starting to get a little unwieldy. Thanks for the comment!
caspervg: That is one of my peeves; ever since I started using the sandstone sidewalk texture, I have to have all (most) of the lots in my plugins folder match or mesh with it. Thanks for noticing, it makes all the work worthwhile!
Sheep49: Thanks, Piotr; the park in between the buildings actually comes with the lot provided for the BAT, which is SOMY's. I wouldn't mind living there, myself; it definitely seems nicer than my apartment  :P!
Pat: Hey, Pat! Thanks for dropping by!
Simpson: Thanks for your nice comment!
art128: How did you know that was the FARR  $%#Ninj2? I know nothing about that ... $%Grinno$%
squidi: Hey, nice to see you here, Paul! I do plan on making grittier areas soon; I just have to collect some BATs and make some lots for it. I know exactly what to look for, seeing as I have used them in the past. Looking forward to seeing you here again!
CabraBuitre: Thanks very much! I wanted to have barriers to protect the houses from sounds and possible catastrophe, but it would be difficult to get it to conform to the rail line well, due to the angles. Again, thanks for the great comment!
Simpson: Thanks, my friend and enjoy the update!
rooker1: Glad you appreciate the teasers, Robin. True; I do get carried away sometimes using the LE, both with time and imagination. I hope you enjoy the update!
art128: My LE to gameplay ratio is 2 to 1, sometimes more  ::) Thanks!
Emperor Stormont: Thanks, friend!
paroch: This is what I like to read; comments that analyze the pics. The shot of the triple residential towers is one of my favorites and most satisfying, seeing as that particular area has been empty for quite sometime. Elaboration on the botanical garden will have to wait for another update; I kinda ran out of ideas for that area. The rail crossing I based off of a real-life crossing in my town, with the only difference is there is (was) a supermarket just after the crossing. Thanks for your perspective comment; I really enjoyed reading it!

Update 6- Riding the Rails

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

JoeST

Dan:

OMG your rivers are soooo good, thank gawd mr MAS san made them ;D and those rails are just sweeeeeeeeeeeet tho I dont agree with the Marrast underpass. But still WOWOWOWOW

joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Simpson

Wow very fine update here my friend ;) the little village is looking very good and the river is so réalistic
I always so love your CBD  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

Wow, great update! The river looks really good!

And I want to have the FARR on my computer RIGHT NOW! (lol)

But anyways, your suburbs are georgous! They look really realistic. :thumbsup:
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

wes.janson

How dare you flaunt the FARR in our faces.  :D

I must applaud you on your mosiacs. Your pictures are what really got me into re-lotting.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Pat

Dan love the mosaics!!! also the layouts I just see so much wonderful stuff I just cant describe it but other then saying wow!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dsrwhat316

Teaser
No update this weekend; I'll have to hold off until sometime next week. Hopefully this'll suffice:

Thanks for reading!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Sheep49

Great teaser! Can't wait for the update, though. ;)
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Cockatoo-210893

God damn it!  &apls
Such impressive use of content... look at those rivers... you really need to teach me how to do that!
I haven't been really impressed by an MD in a while... you know, got the urge to actually look through the whole thing, but this one really stands out. Well done.

Simpson

Wow my friend this is a really great work, I love this pic  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

paroch

Dan,

I'm really becoming a BIG fan of what you're doing here.  Some MDs have loads of words that describe what's happening and big elaborate story lines (some of which I read ;) ) but here, you just whack the pics down on the page and let them do ALL the talking.  And man, they speak volumes about the time and effort that you're putting in here.

The extensive use of custom lots is highly impressive.  And things like the JPN walls don't take five minutes to get looking right.  And..... I know how long it takes me to get a mosaic to look right, so even if you only spend half that time (and you will be quicker than me, believe me!!) that's still a lot of hours work you've shown us the last update and teaser.

OK, enough compliments, let's talk about the pics!!!!

That first mosaic is so well put together.  I love the park area at the top - nothing too fancy and also, the grass texture seems different than the usual BSC park grass or SFBT park grass that usually crop up all the time (and I confess that is pretty much all I use). And the paza surrounded by the high rises is also a nice touch - so much better than the "cram them all in" approach often seen.  And great to see the Union Jack make an appearance in the shot too!  My only negative thought is the railway, it goes over the canal and then drops down under the road.  I'm no engineer, but it just plays a trick on my eyes that says wouldn't the ground be a bit marshy for that so close to the river/canal?

Now, you're getting to know West End, so you'll know I love a good suburb - and they are great suburbs.  Great use of the MattB houses and they go so well with the SAM textures.  And good to see that level crossing again - this time knowing that it really does exist.  Guess it goes to show that RL planners sometimes have some funny ideas too  ;) :D

And I'll wrap up by saying that your use of the JPN rivers tells me I really need tohave more of a play with them - they look awesome.

Great work Dan, I'll be back for more.

Paul

JoeST

Quote from: paroch on September 21, 2008, 02:32:30 AM
And good to see that level crossing again - this time knowing that it really does exist. 
No they just send it off to David  to be photoshopped :D

and that is one great teaser...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

bat

Excellent updates and teasers there in this month, Dan!
Sorry for missing some updates...
And the city looks beautiful! :thumbsup:

alan_vzla

Excellent as always Dan, great use of parks, rivers, canals, everything, I LIKE IT!. just one question, on the first picture, in the right top corner, is that a cemetery??

Pat

Dan great teaser there for sure!!! Till the next update!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Grneyes

Wow! This is lookin awesome!!! How long does it take to load, being all plopped? Also, I have a question: in several pictures you have roads going underground, where do they come back up? One of them looks like it goes right under the canal and never resurfaces.

MaryBeth

papab2000

Nice start  :thumbsup: Looking forward to watching your city grow.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie