• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrwhat316

paroch: Nice to read your comments again, Paul! Your guess is, sadly, way off base, but you'll get your answer by the end of this update...
JBSimio: Hello, Jon! I'm glad you (finally) dropped by  ::). Everything looks filled in because, well, I spend countless hours LEing little details to make the area come alive. My building style is using American transportation networks and hi-rises mixed with European plazas and parks with elegant residentials. Hope to see you back soon!
M4346: You should take the time to use them; they are worth the effort, IMO. I'm happy to hear you like my building style; I won't be changing it any time soon!
sithlrd98: Sorry, Jayson, but you, too, are way off with the title description. A full explanation will follow this update. The curved roadway and park was actually the very first thing I created in Tyne (there's your hint right there!). Thanks for commenting!
bluesinjid: Glad you like the suburbs! Don't worry about guessing wrong with the title description; no one else got it :P!
art128: Thanks, Arthur! I agree with you about the park textures; I didn't really notice it until I took the shot. I'll go and fix it ASAP. Thanks for the critique, it is well-appreciated  :thumbsup:
Simpson: I am addicted to those NAM curves; it's kind of my "trademark". Glad you like it!
metarvo: That's quite a compliment! I hope my next update will live up to those words, as well!
bat: Thank you, my friend! I'm glad you like Tyne!
bluesinjid: That building is 10 Upper Bank Street Canary Wharf by ill tonkso.
sithlrd98: Nope, ignore the Best Buy; it has to do with the focal point of the mosaic. You're not an idiot; I'm just too clever :P!
metarvo: Very much so. There's more elaborated on for that area in this update! (Did that make sense? ()what())
bat: Thanks, my friend!
art128: Thank you, Arthur! You'll see plenty more today!
Pat: Nope, it's not a Black Friday reference. You're right about Black Friday in the "horrible" sense; I had to work in a retail store that day  :angrymore:. Thanks for dropping by, Pat!
Simpson: Thank you, my friend!

Update 12- Open Arms

The $100,000 question: What was the meaning of the previous update's title ("Roots")?
The 2 cent answer: The curved road was featured in one of the very first pics of this MD (going back to this MD's "Roots"). Told ya it was cryptic  $%Grinno$%

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

sithlrd98

Quote from: dsrwhat316 on December 01, 2008, 01:57:11 PM
The $100,000 question: What was the meaning of the previous update's title ("Roots")?
The 2 cent answer: The curved road was featured in one of the very first pics of this MD (going back to this MD's "Roots"). Told ya it was cryptic  $%Grinno$%
~ Dan

Yeah , that's what I meant....seriously , when you get the whole mosaic, Tyne is a pretty cool place! Great use of buildings , and I really do like the river bend!

Jayson

bluesinjid

Wow another awesome mosiac! :thumbsup: Funny how the omni building in your teaser isnt in your mosiac  ()what() by anyways really nice job!! ;D

art128

Splendid as well my friend, I really like all these open plaza around the buildings Dan &apls The grass area in the bottom are really nice my friend, and finally, great work with JRJ W2W  :thumbsup:
keep up this good work !
~ Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

As always, this MD is easy on the eyes.  You have created yet another beautiful mosaic, Dan.  As always, the parks and walkways add much to the scene.  The buildings you have chosen work very good together, as well.  Nice work, Dan.  :thumbsup:

I do have one question, though.  Which building is taking up the large amount of real estate near the center of the mosaic?  I don't think I've ever seen it before, so I'm curious about it.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Orange_o_

nice work, your mocaic is very impressive  &apls

Orange

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Lilojame

Hi!

All seen here is best descibed with this ->

Wonderful work!  &apls

Have fun,
Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

bat

This is a great mosaic there! Awesome work on your city! Fantastic! :thumbsup:

dsrwhat316

Teaser
I am now nearing the completion of Tyne's Financial District. I'm focused on the north end of the city, then I'll complete the suburbs. The city might be completed in a few more weeks. Here's a preview of what (might) be in the future:

As for my next city, you'll just have to wait and find out!

~ Dan

bluesinjid

Wow good use of the newish bixel building!  &apls Do i see a mcdonalds?  ::)

Simpson

Hi Dan

The update 12: As well my friend, a fantastic update, your city is looking super and so réalistic &apls
The teaser: This teaser is superb, fantastic work on the LE

Take care, David

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

sim-al2

Very nice teaser! ;) There seems to be some texture issue going on at the top though. ???
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

art128

Splendid work Dan, I like the sunken railroad. &apls
The park is looking great. Very green city my friend.
Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Great teaser and you say you are starting something new....hmmm. Can't wai to see what you have for us.  I'm sure whatever it is, it will be just as greatr as what you have already accomplished.

Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Fantastic teaser there, looking forward to new pictures... ;)

dandan 777

Very nice I especially like how you set that Hk hong kong hotel by the sunken railway tracks. They contrast surprisingly well. :D

dsrwhat316

sithlrd98: Don't worry; I believe you  ;) Thanks for commenting, Jayson!
bluesinjid: Yeah, blame that on a CTD and my not remembering what I had built up there. Oh, well; at least it turned out fine anyway  :thumbsup:!
flyinbird93: That what it is all about, hence the reason why I named my MD; a "Source" of ideas (good one, I hope  ;)). Thanks!
art128: Coincidentally, that park is my favorite out of all the rest in Tyne. Thanks for your continuing support, Arthur  :thumbsup:!
metarvo: I can thank spending time in Google Earth for getting a lot of my inspiration for cities. That building you're referring to is Opera Bastille by torremayor.
Orange_o_: Welcome to my MD, friend! Glad to hear you liked the mosaic  :thumbsup:
Lilojame: Hi, Karin! I could say the same about your MD. Thanks for dropping by!
bat: Thanks, my friend!
bluesinjid: Thanks! Yes, you are correct in seeing a McDonald's; they are everywhere in the world, so why not in Tyne  ::)?
Simpson: Thanks for a very flattering comment, David!
flyinbird93: Thanks, but it might be awhile before I update again   &cry2
sim-al2: Yeah, that happens from time to time. Not much I can really do about it. Oh, well...  %wrd
art128: Thank you, Arthur!
rooker1: Yes, something new is definitely in the works. You'll soon see when... you scroll down more  :P. Thanks, Robin!
bat: Well, I have pics, just not in the form of an update...
dandan 777: Ah, I see my name's so nice, it was used twice  :D! ...  ::) Erm, thanks for the comment!

Preview
This is somewhat of a teaser; a new city I've started for The Source. I'll leave two (somewhat cryptic) pics to give you a hint of what is to come:

~ Dan

bluesinjid

Oh sweet some kind of marina! :thumbsup:  &apls Cant wait!!!!!!!!

Just another question.. in your ''teaser'' I always wanted to know where you got that park piece with all the little pine tress surrounding it near the station  :-[