• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 16!

Nice work on these lots there! They are looking great!! :thumbsup:

And congrats on 300 replies!!

CabraBuitre

Quote from: dsrwhat316 on January 06, 2009, 08:09:57 PM

Can you explain how you got the "overlook" effect like you have there?  I really like the stairs in the middle with the higher parts on the sides...

Check out Abelfarei!

tooheys

Dan, thats some great work you've done there. Love your lots and you really should think about releasing them someday.

A bit of extra work I know, but they would be a hit  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave

art128

Excellent tech shot there Dan, fantastic work with LE !  &apls &apls
like CabraBuitre said I really like the higher parts  of the terraces !  :thumbsup: :ingenious:

Keep it up !

Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dsrwhat316

Tutorial Alert! (again...)
This tutorial stemmed off of this question:

Quote from: CabraBuitre on January 16, 2009, 10:36:59 PM
Can you explain how you got the "overlook" effect like you have there?  I really like the stairs in the middle with the higher parts on the sides...

I believe I can! Instead of cluttering my MD with an in-depth how-to, I created my sixth tutorial for just that purpose. Follow the link: How to Build a Raised Overlook. I hope to see fellow members put this tutorial to good use  :thumbsup:!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Badsim

Hello Dan ,

Great LotEditing skill , now integrating the idea to play with relief ...
And a striking style making any of your picture immediately identifiable . In the forest of MDs/CJs here and elsewhere , that single fact is already a feat . ;)
Congratulations !  :thumbsup:

&apls &apls

I would only suggest you to work more about the way  you add life... your Sims seem to play to stay lonely .  ::)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

kant01

I think I just found my new favorite MD  &apls  &apls You have created a truly stunning and inspiring city here. The shore line is unbelievably beautiful and your LE skills are without a doubt amazing. I am sad that I only just discovered this but I will be spending quite a bit of time going back through each update and studying what you have done here very closely. I really cannot wait to see your next update :D

bat

Your newest tutorial is really useful there! Nice work on it!
Looking forward to some more wonderful pictures of your fantastic city... ;)

dsrwhat316

Teaser
Thanks everyone for your great comments! I'll do individual replies when I update, which will hopefully be soon  ::) I have been working on something unique for FH, and I think this will do:

This is no joke; I actually was looking for that overhang for nearly 4 years before I found it "accidentally". Now that I finally found it, I have to do it justice.
After I took this pic, I notice that one of the trees goes through a portion of the overhang; that'll be fixed  ;)

As a certain someone says, the update is "imminent"...

~ Dan

sithlrd98

&apls &apls &apls I think you definitely did it justice!

Jayson

art128

That's very great there Dan !  &apls
Excellent idea to use this part of the station do oriente. The result is very nice my friend  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

JoeST

that thing is awesome, what is it? a front of an airport terminal? :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

WC_EEND

whathever that thing is, I want it :o

now I just need to find it...
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Sciurus

Very nice, but I don't know what does this thing serve?
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

bat

dsrwhat316

alan_vzla: Thanks, Alan! Yeah, that rock texture does show a bit, but I plan to resolve it in the future  ;)
paroch: Indeed it took days to create. That's why I haven't updated in over 2 weeks  $%Grinno$% I hope you enjoy the update!
bat: Thanks much, my friend!
Simpson: Thanks, David, for your support  :thumbsup:
Nexis: If I am going to release any of these lots, they have to be ones that can stand alone. Most of the ones you see here are part of a giant jigsaw puzzle. Plus, the dependencies list would be pretty huge! Thanks for taking an interest!
bat: Thanks again, my friend!
CabraBuitre: Thanks for giving me inspiration for my latest tutorial! I hope to see you put it to good use  :thumbsup:
tooheys: As I explained to Nexis, there would, indeed, be quite a bit of work to get them up to snuff. Always good to see you around, Dave!
art128: Glad to hear you took a shining to that. I trust you saw my tutorial; if not, check it out and you can create something of your own. Thanks for commenting, Arthur!
Badsim: Good to see you visit, Cedric! It is important to try and stand out in the crowd of MDs here, and trying to be unique is a challenge, but a welcome one. I have noted your suggestion and have added some more people props on my new lots in the update. Thanks for dropping by!
kant01: My, my, those are some very flattering words; thanks! I'm happy to hear you have taken an interest in my work. And even though I haven't commented yet, I have noticed you BAT thread and was quite impressed. Some of those houses would actually fit in this city, once I actually start zoning...  ;)
bat: Glad you liked the tutorial!
sithlrd98: That was only a small slice of what I did. In the update, you'll see a bit more  ;)
art128: Wow, I guess I should've asked around for the name of that "building"; it seems you knew exactly what it was! Hope you enjoy the update, Arthur!
JoeST: As Arthur just pointed out, it is part of a train station called Oriente Station. I converted the building into a prop and made it into a decorative sculpture, so to speak. Nice to see you around, Joe!
WC_EEND: It is called Oriente Station, and it can be found at Capital SimCity. Just use Google Translate to read it in English  ;)
Sciurus: You'll see soon in this update, my friend!
bat: Thanks!

Update 15- Fancy That

And here's a rough overview of the north side of the harbor:

Sorry for all the empty space in the last mosaic and the overview; lotting is taking up nearly all of my SC4 time  ;) Enjoy!

~ Dan

sithlrd98

You really are going all out on these! Looking great as always!

Jayson

dedgren

Dan- Your urban areas have a look and feel to them all their own.  Stunning stuff you are doing- the Lot Editor is rarely so well-used.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

metasmurf

Wow, you should release those wall and plaza lots that you made in this last update. I would definitely use them!  :thumbsup:

Sciurus

It's nice :thumbsup:, but I don't still know what does it serve! :D
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *