• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Source- 2/9: I'm Back! + A Teaser (of course...)

Started by dsrwhat316, August 04, 2008, 02:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 20! ;)

That is looking really nice! Nice work on the train station!
Looking forward to more of the downtown and harbor!  ;)

kwakelaar

I have had a look at your tutorials, which I find clear and useful.
This kind of slow building with making all the lots your self is really paying off. Like some of the other MD's I see around here, you manage to find just the right props and textures to compliment the buildings you are using. This MD is of course unique, reflecting your taste and preferences. I enjoy looking at the images you present us with and looking forward to see this city progress further.

frdrcklim

Really cool. It's nice that you show us empty lots. You're probably going to surprise us later when they are filled.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

dsrwhat316

Teaser- Progress
I couldn't resist showing progress on some of the new lots I'm working on. There's a bit of a classic maritime feel to this area, so let me know if I've captured it:

Resizing and adding props to these resized lots is time consuming, but it's starting to come together. The area has been changed around a bit from the last teaser; I've eliminated the double diagonal train station for this:

More to come soon...

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

danielcote

looking good! Great progress it looks really sharp and a great place to hang out too.  &apls  :thumbsup:

bat

It looks fantastic there! Looking forward to more progress...

Battlecat

I'd say you're capturing it quite well.  Reminds me of some photos I've seen of old Maritime Villages on the East coast that have re-invented themselves as tourist areas/historical sites.  I'm looking forward to seeing the finished version!

dsrwhat316

Sciurus: Thanks, Guillaume!
sithlrd98: FH was designed to be pedestrian-friendly, and the train station is no different. Thanks for reading, Jayson!
thundercrack83: Heh, nice to hear I can still inspire, even after a lengthy absence. Thanks, Dustin!
bat: Thank you, my friend!
io_bg: Thanks!
BarbarossaS: Well, it only makes sense to have parking for a train station, and in an urban setting, a garage usually fits. And I'm glad you noticed the little details in the pics. Thanks for taking an interest in my work!
frdcklim: Anyone can make a similar train station; all it takes is patience and some imagination  ;)
Simpson: Thank you, David!
BarbarossaS: Yep, unfortunately RL is still a pain, but it's starting to slow down enough for me to get an update out, at least! Some of those empty spaces have been filled and you'll soon see how. Thanks for your comment!
bat: Thanks for the welcome to page 20 and your reply!
kwakelaar: I'm glad to hear that you liked my tutorials and I hope you found them useful. Slow city-building is definitely my style, since everything in this particular city is hand-made in the LE. Thanks for dropping by my MD and I hope to see you again!
frdcklim: Well, I don't know if you'll be surprised or not, but I'm happy with the way it turned out. Hope you like it!
danielcote: Yep, plenty of bars and pubs definitely make it a fun spot  ;) Thanks for reading!
bat: Thanks!
Battlecat: Spa's buildings fit in perfectly here because of their nautical theme. The city is modeled after similar seaport villages in Baltimore and Boston. I thank you for dropping by!

Update 18- The Big Picture
Wow, it's been nearly two months since my last true update! Hopefully this'll make up for it:

Sorry for the texture glitch in the second mosaic; I missed that one  :'(. And here's a finished panorama shot of the train station and plaza from the teaser shots: Click here for the panorama!

Enjoy!

~ Dan

frdrcklim

I love it. It's perfect... well almost, but I still like it. I mean when you said there was a glitch, I was like what glitch... oh that one. It's not that big ;).
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

thundercrack83

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Luke09

Wow,amazing!This MD is one of my favorites,i really like your creations on LE
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

sebes

WOW WOW WOW ... NO... WAIT  HOW ... WHAT....  EEEEEEE.....

Dang you're good!  &hlp
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

JBSimio

Looks great, Dan!  &apls  I can only agree with you and others in thinking that Spa's buildings are the perfect fit here.  I especially like the filler you used for the roundabout in the second picture.  Is that one of your own lots?  Very nice panorama as well... I may have to remember that little trick.  ;)

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

bat

It looks really really awesome there! Beautiful work on that part! :thumbsup:

art128

Hey Dan, splendid update as usual my friend, your pictures and LOTting skill never stop to amaze me ! The panorama shot is wonderful, we can see all your hard work on that part of the city, and it's superb.
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

CabraBuitre

That really looks great!  I love the base textures under the NAM curves... I still can't get it to work.  I tried pathing underneath rails, but the base textures covered the rails, and the props that I added didn't show up.

Any idea why?

Check out Abelfarei!

Tomas Neto

dsrwhat316

Bonus Pic/Teaser/Progress
Just thought I'd drop in with a semi-progress report. I come bearing a bonus pic showing my favorite part of the previous update:

...just one of my favorites, actually  ::) Now for some new stuff. I'm now working on filling the gap between the downtown area (two updates ago) and the Market Square/Maritime Village section (previous update). Here's a rough draft of what's to come:

The grid is left on here to show the slope on which I'm building on. The raised platform will have a view of Market Square and the Maritime Village to the south. Of course, finer details such as trees, people, etc. will come in due time. Maybe sooner than you think...

~ Dan

Nexis4Jersey

Nice Teaser, i like all the relotting u do :thumbsup: