• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Canal Addon Mod (CAN-AM)

Started by daeley, April 23, 2009, 11:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

There should be an overhanging piece that goes under elevated networks.

Hyronymus

Quote from: Diggis on February 28, 2010, 07:02:46 AM
There should be an overhanging piece that goes under elevated networks.
Hmm, I'll try to find it in a few :).

Moonraker0

For some reason, I don't ever see any ferry automata on my canals (even though they have over 7000 usage), but rather I get the Maxis buses randomly and very quickly vertically popping their front ends out of the water and then disappearing at the main canal intersection in my city.  Sometimes they will crash, and then the whole bus will be visible and about five or six buses will appear and crash right on the water.  I initially thought that this was a conflict with the Dutch BBA bus automata replacer that I am using, so I removed the file for that mod.  The problem persists still.  I am 100% sure that I have never installed any other bus replacer besides the Dutch BBA bus, and now that that's gone I am back to only Maxis buses.  I tried re-installing the CAN-AM lot pack after removing the Dutch BBA buses, but it was to no avail.

cachc

Quote from: Moonraker0 on May 19, 2010, 04:42:53 PM
For some reason, I don't ever see any ferry automata on my canals (even though they have over 7000 usage), but rather I get the Maxis buses randomly

I have the same problem

Paul 999

Is it possible to make a brights over the canal for the RHW tool?

gn_leugim

Hi all, I've been looking into this mod, which is good, but there is a question I would like to be answered ^^ I use SG canals, but I cant find a way to put traffic on the canels, I mean, I can't find any proper stations to plop =\ Can anyone provide me with links for SG style stations for this mod?  "$Deal"$ "$Deal"$ thank you :)

ScottFTL

Quote from: gn_leugim on June 29, 2010, 11:34:29 AM
Hi all, I've been looking into this mod, which is good, but there is a question I would like to be answered ^^ I use SG canals, but I cant find a way to put traffic on the canels, I mean, I can't find any proper stations to plop =\ Can anyone provide me with links for SG style stations for this mod?  "$Deal"$ "$Deal"$ thank you :)

You need to download the CAN-AM passenger and freight terminals.

gn_leugim

Quote from: ScottFTL on June 29, 2010, 12:08:48 PM
You need to download the CAN-AM passenger and freight terminals.

How didn't I find them? :o  thanks a lot :) Now I can channel my transports :D

RebaLynnTS

Is there a tutorial on making CAN-AM sets, yet?
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Diggis

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on July 09, 2010, 01:11:35 PM
Is there a tutorial on making CAN-AM sets, yet?

Ummm. I may have put something into the download for the CAN-AM multiple mod. 

Essentially there are no CAN-AM sets.

What there is though is 4 wealths available which can effect the T21's of each of the CAN-AM tiles.  In the download I did there are 8 prop exemplars (a water and a bank tile for each wealth) which reference the models for the bank sets I did the set for.  You need to change the Resource Key in one of those to reference the model for your set and then set the wealth of every lot you have in the set to the matching wealth. 

When you release it you need to make users aware this will overwrite any other version of the CAN-AM multiple canals mod they have and which wealth you have.

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: Diggis on July 12, 2010, 05:09:35 AM
Ummm. I may have put something into the download for the CAN-AM multiple mod. 

Essentially there are no CAN-AM sets.

What there is though is 4 wealths available which can effect the T21's of each of the CAN-AM tiles.  In the download I did there are 8 prop exemplars (a water and a bank tile for each wealth) which reference the models for the bank sets I did the set for.  You need to change the Resource Key in one of those to reference the model for your set and then set the wealth of every lot you have in the set to the matching wealth. 

When you release it you need to make users aware this will overwrite any other version of the CAN-AM multiple canals mod they have and which wealth you have.

If I understand correctly, the best option would be to build four sets, one at each wealth, and let the player decide which one they want to use. It would be a lot more work, of course, but then I have plenty of free time.

The way I see it, since tax payers are paying my (disability) salary, this is a good way for me to give back, even if it is to a limited portion of them :)
Becca

Diggis

Yes... you could do it that way.  It would be a lot of duplicated effort but would work fine.

RebaLynnTS

OK, took me a bit of thinking but now I figured it all out. The wealth level of the surrounding set determines which set appears of the Can-AM .. cool.
Becca

MutantPlatypus

Are there any functional locks available?  I couldn't find any.  The one I could find was just eye candy and doesn't carry traffic.  I've tried rigging up some pretty funky FlUPs (like running a road into the CAN-AM tiles, then that road into a FlUP entrance, and running the FlUP tiles right through the lock lots) and tunnels (running a road into the CAN-AM tiles then taking that road into a tunel under the locks), but traffic doesn't seem to switch between road and CAN-AM tiles.  I know it's not supposed to, but it looks like it does, as the DrawPaths cheat draws a contiguous path between a road and a CAN-AM tile.

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

BarbyW

No functional locks as at the moment. It is not something we have actually thought about as the CAN-AM requires two bank pieces- one each side -  and a central water tile to function. At the moment there are no lock pieces that fit the criteria.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Diggis

A functional lock is theoretically possible, although it wouldn't animate to the Automata as thats a little outside our ability.  It would require a model to work which would be the biggest issue.

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: BarbyW on July 23, 2010, 04:09:02 AM
No functional locks as at the moment. It is not something we have actually thought about as the CAN-AM requires two bank pieces- one each side -  and a central water tile to function. At the moment there are no lock pieces that fit the criteria.

Wouldn't my modular lock be something that could be used for this?

I am sure I could make versions that would work with Can AM.
Becca

MutantPlatypus

Quote from: RebaLynnTS on July 23, 2010, 08:22:08 AM
Wouldn't my modular lock be something that could be used for this?

I am sure I could make versions that would work with Can AM.

That would be awesome!  Just one question:  Where can I get the eycandy version of your modular lock?  I want to use those right away!

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: MutantPlatypus on July 23, 2010, 01:56:38 PM
That would be awesome!  Just one question:  Where can I get the eycandy version of your modular lock?  I want to use those right away!

It is on the STEX as ST, and on the PLEX at SimPeg (along with the river set it goes with).
Becca

strucka

Wow this would be awesome, just don't know how would it realistically go over the barriers? Maybe we don't need that much of a detailed job. =)