• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Issue with Offset Maxis "Amill" Props

Started by N1_2888, October 05, 2015, 02:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N1_2888

The download "BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol02" includes some modified Maxis props, in particular offset "Amill" props. Unfortunately, to give an example, +X22m in the LE effectively mean -Y22m in the game. Is this a bug or some weird feature? :D If it's a bug, how can I fix it?

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

FrankU

Hi, this is a bug in LE and as far as I know there is no fix for it. You can use SC4-Pim instead. It does not have the bug. It is more versatile anyway.

N1_2888

N1_2888

@ FrankU: I've just tried to explore that offset props issue like you did some years ago. In my opinion it is not a LE bug, but a bug in the game. The orientation of the city map and the lot must match (i.e. South-South, East-East, ...), otherwise the prop will appear elsewhere.

At least this applies to the modified Maxis "Amill" props. For example (prop arrow upwards):

Name: ...+X22m
RKT4, Rep. 2: 160000, that is 22 meters
LE: offset to the right (that is exactly what +x should do, shouldn't it?)
SC4 PIM: prop doesn't show up
Game, map view South, lot view South: offset to the right
Game, map view East, lot view South: offset forward

Thus the whole RKT4 offset modding technique seems to be ineffectual, at least in this case. &mmm

FrankU

Hmmm.... that is really interesting.
I must confess that I only checked the offset issue with props in LE and in SC4-Pim. I never checked how they appear in game. Thanks!

mgb204

Maybe this is the cause of some recent trouble I've found with one of my S3D sidewalk props. I've found it's position changes when I rotate it, despite the LE preview showing as intended. I had assumed I'd made an error with the modding, but hours of head-banging has not alluded to a solution.