• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Port St Claire (#36)

Started by Swordmaster, October 07, 2012, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

I repeat Vizoria, they play together beautifully!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Stunning mosaic  &apls  I keep feeling more sold on trying a "non-animated" water mod again after seeing these pics. Custom trains are an awesome touch. Thanks for the kind words in the replies :)

David H

Very nice, where did you get the train skins from?

Jmouse

Ah yes. The grand master of shorelines and a whole lot of other things is back to show us he hasn't lost his magic touch. I'd be elated if I could just find a couple of those trees and shrubs. BTW, I've never seen that particular bridge with the diagonal opening for rails. Nice! I'd never seen those rail textures either, but they look terrific.

Swordmaster

. . . and then "some" more replies.

(Actually, all 25 of 'em this time ;) -- thanks everyone!!!)

Quote from: art128 on January 15, 2016, 04:09:39 PMNice!! :D

Thank you Arthur!

Quote from: kbieniu7 on January 15, 2016, 04:24:30 PMChoo, choo!

:squirrel:

Quote from: compdude787 on January 15, 2016, 07:00:07 PMNice, welcome back! For me, this MD is so old, it's new! (just like some of the hymns in church)

It's old, but not old enough to be your mum! All the pictures are back, so enjoy it at your leisure.

Quote from: Themistokles on January 16, 2016, 01:22:46 AMReally nice! :) The wind of adventure blows in those trees...

Thank you! It's great to see some new visitors, for sure.

Quote from: Nanami on January 18, 2016, 01:40:54 AMTrains! will we see a full update about the railway soon? cant wait to see it!

Full updates are an illusion, just like lunch time (or right now, bed time :D). In any case, we keep a comfortable pace. Think of it as a freight train instead of a bullet train.

Quote from: compdude787 on January 19, 2016, 11:06:32 AMAwesome new update! Once again, I'm glad to see you back! At least you're still here to re-upload all of your pictures so I could go look through this fantastic MD. What you do with nature scenes is just superb. Man, we've taken SC4 way beyond just being a city-building game!

Thanks! We've heard this being said quite often, but I do hope to build a city someday (before the decade is out, if in any way possible).

Quote from: Vizoria on January 19, 2016, 12:01:54 PMThe MMPs are amazing! Simply done and with amazing ground textures, or at the very least great MMPs to complement the ground textures.

Thanks! I've spent more time on modding the terrain than on anything except rails so far :D

Quote from: Akallan on January 19, 2016, 01:34:38 PMWow, what is this path that you use in the second picture?

That is, or was, a road mod I was using. The fact that I'd have to re-apply it to the newest NAM, plus a host of other fixes I had, made my decision to quit the historic theme a lot easier. If you're interested, though, I'm sure I could hand you the textures. I don't consider it a great job, however. Others are more capable than I am in that area (meaning vortext).

Quote from: art128 on January 19, 2016, 02:00:56 PMHehehe, nice to see you around again Willy. Good to hear you alteast had a good year while being away. :)

Nice update, great scenes. Can't wait to see more from PSC or from the NAM side of the things. :)

Thanks again Art! You're a great supporter; people like you make it happen. Lots and lots of NAM stuff to follow, though, starting soon.

Quote from: Gugu3 on January 20, 2016, 03:28:27 AMVery nice update!It's great to have you back!

Thanks Guglielmo!

Quote from: noahclem on January 20, 2016, 06:40:25 AMA beautiful capstone to the storied "old" Port St. Claire--thanks for sharing these long lost images! Like so many I'm eagerly awaiting the appearance of the "new" edition. Very nice to have you back and I hope my comment that "there's never been a better time to play SC4" continues to hold true  :bnn:

Thanks my friend. I can't quite believe the number of important discoveries, influential mods and overall awesome contributions that are still being made on a weekly basis in our community. Quite astounding!

And we'll see how eager everyone can remain--it'll be a while before things start taking real shape :-\

Quote from: c.p. on January 20, 2016, 02:32:24 PMNice pictures.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with this year :thumbsup:

Thanks Brian! Once I can find some suitable housing packs, I'll get going more easily ;D  For now, though, it'll be mostly transit I'll be laying down. Stay tuned.

Quote from: Jmouse on January 20, 2016, 09:04:06 PMAh, the memories of good times, good friends and PSC's signature fall colors come flooding back. I'm so glad you decided to pick up where you left off and make '16 an SC4 year. And there's no doubt in my mind that it will be a good year. ;)

Thanks again Joan. Doing a summer pic now :P  Here's to a great year for PSC & SC4D (PSC4D? ;D). Cheers!

Quote from: vester on January 21, 2016, 03:43:34 AMHad more or less forgot about this MD of yours.

Great update.

Because you're a great modeller, you're forgiven ;D  I'll make sure you won't forget again, though.

Quote from: kbieniu7 on January 21, 2016, 11:12:47 AMDon't worry. As you see, there are a lot of people that don't mind it. As you have said:

QuoteDon't get me wrong, 2015 was a fantastic year for me

we're happy to hear that, and the fact, you have come back to tell us that :) And of course, to show us great pictures!

Thanks!

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on January 22, 2016, 12:57:40 AMGreat return!! &apls &apls &apls
As always I love your rural landscapes! :thumbsup:

Thanks but. . . 't is nothing rural you're looking at, but very close to downtown. Of course you can't really tell yet, but you'll see!

Quote from: compdude787 on January 24, 2016, 08:52:28 PM
Wow, nice railways, and awesome MMPs!! &apls &apls :thumbsup:

Thank you! Practically every MMP is from Girafe, so you'll have to thank him!

Quote from: Gugu3 on January 25, 2016, 01:24:33 AMVery nice picture!I am waiting for a good rail update sooner or later even though i like your country settings too :thumbsup:

Thanks! Let's see if you still want more rails once I get going ;D

Quote from: Vizoria on January 25, 2016, 01:40:23 AM
The brown water fits in perfectly with the autumnal scene!

Thanks. Actually, a good idea to switch water mods based on the season. I might play around with that.

Quote from: kelis on January 25, 2016, 02:52:32 AMWhat a nice picture you share with us today, I like the water, fantastic scene my friend  &apls &apls

Thank you Jonathan. Great to see you around here.

Quote from: art128 on January 25, 2016, 03:27:03 AMBeautiful picture Willy! Just a shame the shadow of the bridge are like that.

Shhh, don't tell. I hadn't even realized it!

Quote from: kbieniu7 on January 25, 2016, 10:36:31 AMI repeat Vizoria, they play together beautifully!

Thank you! Bit of coincidence I think, I hadn't really considered the interaction when I made the water mod. (IIRC it's an adapted texture from one of dobdriver's mods.)

Quote from: noahclem on January 26, 2016, 06:44:51 PM
Stunning mosaic  &apls  I keep feeling more sold on trying a "non-animated" water mod again after seeing these pics. Custom trains are an awesome touch. Thanks for the kind words in the replies :)

Thanks Noah. I cut off half the mosaic because there were some things with the rail viaducts I needed to fix first ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: David H on January 26, 2016, 07:04:38 PMVery nice, where did you get the train skins from?

The freight engine is a modification of one of Arne's (vester) train mods. The passenger engine is airman15's Metra skin together with Big Red Fish's cars.

Quote from: Jmouse on January 26, 2016, 07:20:32 PMAh yes. The grand master of shorelines and a whole lot of other things is back to show us he hasn't lost his magic touch. I'd be elated if I could just find a couple of those trees and shrubs. BTW, I've never seen that particular bridge with the diagonal opening for rails. Nice! I'd never seen those rail textures either, but they look terrific.

Thank you Joan, you're too kind. The trees and shrubs are all made by Girafe. I can't think of a single flora MMP he's made that you shouldn't have in your plugins. The bridge is a diagonal bridge override that can be found in the rail menu when you have the "diagonal bridge enabler" installed (I think it changed names recently, to keep things slightly confusing--in any case I'd be glad to help out there once you get going again). And if you've never seen the rail textures. . . heh, I think you're slightly kidding me :D

Not rural!  $%Grinno$%

>> click <<

Back later (to see where that darned train is going, heh).

Cheers
Willy

compdude787

That's a neat picture! And frankly, I've never really appreciated how awesomely realistic those trees at the bottom of the picture, even though I have them as part of my tree controller in my game. Girafe did such a great job with them.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

art128

There are trees, that looks pretty rural to me, stop lying! :D $%Grinno$%
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Great to see activity here again!  :thumbsup:

I've been pondering what PSCCO, and particular the O, stands for though. . Port St Clair Container Othority. .  $%Grinno$%  Overslag perhaps. . ?

Anyway, I enjoyed the send-off and looking forward to what's to come. Pretty sure it's going to be good.  :popcorn:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Another impressive little scene  &apls  Excellent to have "the sage of Antwerp" back among us keeping the game on its toes regarding what is and will be possible  ;)

Girafe

the direction of this train sounds mysterious  :P 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Swordmaster

#35.  Ol' Rusty

"Ol' Rusty" is the local name for the bridge built by the former New Brabant Northern railroad, shortly after the Civil War. Officially the Waterloo Bridge, it's one of the oldest crossings of the river Thunder and carried the NBN's main line out of Port City. It is now owned by CSX, although both the PSCCO and Norfolk Southern have tracking rights over it. All in all, it remains the busiest freight bridge in PSC.

>> click <<

Sounds familiar? Probably not :D. I'll have to do a bit of mapping to get everyone up to date with where we are, since some people Arthur still thinks this is some rural backwater!

At the moment I only found this one. It dates from around 1920 I believe. Back in the day, PSC didn't yet exist, but most of King James county had already amalgamated into a single urban region. The bridge is near Waterloo, then still an independent town. I'll look and see if I find some more recent maps. Meanwhile, Ol' Rusty on an early spring morning.

Wait, that train again? $%Grinno$%

>> click (1914 × 3267) <<

Replication

Quote from: compdude787 on January 29, 2016, 09:47:39 PM
That's a neat picture! And frankly, I've never really appreciated how awesomely realistic those trees at the bottom of the picture, even though I have them as part of my tree controller in my game. Girafe did such a great job with them.

Thanks compdude. You're absolutely right. You should get the MMP versions. Will transform your game.

Quote from: art128 on January 30, 2016, 03:24:26 AM
There are trees, that looks pretty rural to me, stop lying! :D $%Grinno$%

This is running out of hand. Officer!!

Quote from: vortext on January 30, 2016, 04:46:14 AM
Great to see activity here again!  :thumbsup:

I've been pondering what PSCCO, and particular the O, stands for though. . Port St Clair Container Othority. .  $%Grinno$%  Overslag perhaps. . ?

Anyway, I enjoyed the send-off and looking forward to what's to come. Pretty sure it's going to be good.  :popcorn:

Thanks for stopping by Erik! Good things come to those who wait. Very good things come if you wait very long  ;D

Port St Claire Cargo Operations. "$Deal"$ I'll get to it in an update or two.

Quote from: noahclem on January 30, 2016, 05:04:22 AM
Another impressive little scene  &apls  Excellent to have "the sage of Antwerp" back among us keeping the game on its toes regarding what is and will be possible  ;)

Thanks! Where's this sage you're talking about? Would like to meet that one! Is he expensive?

Quote from: Girafe on January 30, 2016, 01:27:36 PM
the direction of this train sounds mysterious  :P 

Only the engineer knows! :D

Cheers folks
Willy

Gugu3

Great pictures!You can make even a simple scene look great!Well done &apls

Themistokles

That's a really great scene! The mist effect adds to it as well.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Simcoug

Looks like a nice fishing spot there, at the base of Ol' Rusty.   :thumbsup:

art128

Okay so it's almost rural then..... ;)  ;D

Nice pictures, that bridge is really great.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

belfastsocrates

That bridge scene is really lovely, the MMP work is superb and and really brings it to life.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

kbieniu7

That light fog is beautiful. The view from the middle of the bridge during a very dense fog would be cosmic :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

romualdillo

Simmer2

Wonderful scene  &apls &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

Jmouse

I'm not kidding about missing out on the rail textures, however I may have seen them once or twice without noticing them. I'm more apt to notice what's on the track and around it than the track itself. &mmm

Ol' Rusty is a delightful addition to PSC, but that's one long string of cars using it. Actually, I really like the second photo – it has a kind of a haunting appearance to it, and the shoreline is beautifully done.